Jim Ignitowski Benning

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Jim Ignitowski Benning

Post by SKYO »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:09 pm It's a pretty good indicator of the progress the team has made if we're debating between losing Markstrom, Demko, and Edler, instead of being happy that it's only Sbisa :D
Assuming Hutton is traded sometime and Marky re-signs, best bet is we lose either Marky or Stecher, both good players & yes better than sbisa ha.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:52 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:09 pm It's a pretty good indicator of the progress the team has made if we're debating between losing Markstrom, Demko, and Edler, instead of being happy that it's only Sbisa :D
Assuming Hutton is traded sometime and Marky re-signs, best bet is we lose either Marky or Stecher, both good players & yes better than sbisa ha.
With today's signing Micky I think we will trade either Demko or Markstrom in 2 years . On D, we protect Hutton, Stetcher, Trymankin. I could see us losing Sautner, Brisbois, Chatenfield even Biega. Don't protect Tanev or Edler if we have either left on the team. But I believe Benning is looking, hoping that one of Woo or Jafferty will be on the team with Schenn, Stetcher and Biega rounding out the RS. On the left we have Hughes, Hutton, maybe Edler and maybe Juolevi. I think Tanev will be traded this summer, maybe at the draft for a late first.

Benning wants to make a splash at the draft and I hear he believes he will add at least one more 1st rounder, at least that is his hope. Tanev to me is the piece that can get that. It won't be a tope 10-15 pick but teams like Toronto could use a RHD that can actually play defence. So could the Islanders and Tampa. Islanders are also a team that inquired about Markstrom at the TDD.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:41 am
With today's signing Micky I think we will trade either Demko or Markstrom in 2 years . On D, we protect Hutton, Stetcher, Trymankin. I could see us losing Sautner, Brisbois, Chatenfield even Biega. Don't protect Tanev or Edler if we have either left on the team. But I believe Benning is looking, hoping that one of Woo or Jafferty will be on the team with Schenn, Stetcher and Biega rounding out the RS. On the left we have Hughes, Hutton, maybe Edler and maybe Juolevi. I think Tanev will be traded this summer, maybe at the draft for a late first.

Benning wants to make a splash at the draft and I hear he believes he will add at least one more 1st rounder, at least that is his hope. Tanev to me is the piece that can get that. It won't be a tope 10-15 pick but teams like Toronto could use a RHD that can actually play defence. So could the Islanders and Tampa. Islanders are also a team that inquired about Markstrom at the TDD.
The Islanders top 2 prospects are RHD - Dobson and Wilde. Not so sure that is NYI’s problem. Both those kids are having excellent seasons - Wilde in the OHL and Dobson in the Q. Dobson almost made NYI’s starting line up this year, he had a good camp

But with the recent goalie signing and the looming expansion draft maybe we are seeing one of Markstrom or Demko getting dealt sooner. Tanev’s current stock worth a 1st round pick? Not so sure about that, plus we are weak on the right side, trading him isn’t an option for me. Edler was the one to trade and Benning tried but he no waive. If they resign Edler then Hutton gets traded, but Hutton isn’t worth a 1st. The Canucks I believe anticipate LHD Juolevi to mskr the squad next season replacing either or of LHD’s - Hutton or Edler. Hutton at best gets you a 2nd round pick

Would not be surprised if Virtanen is dealt, especially if they draft a forward with the 1st pick
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Did you hear anything about our offer for nylander at the trade deadline? Do you know if he’s still a target for Benning and crew?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:48 am

Did you hear anything about our offer for nylander at the trade deadline? Do you know if he’s still a target for Benning and crew?
What I heard was there were no offers, just inquiries as to his availability. At the TDD he wasn’t available.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Like what the Senators are doing:
OTTAWA — General manager Pierre Dorion is going to get some help rebuilding the Ottawa Senators.

The Senators confirmed with a statement on Saturday that the club is planning to hire a new president of hockey operations to work with Dorion moving forward.

“The Senators intend to hire a president of hockey operations to support and provide guidance to the general manager, and to fill the void left by the late Bryan Murray,” the statement said.

“The position is integral to the success of the hockey club, especially as we continue our rebuilding process, hiring a top-notch candidate to fill this role is critically important.”
I'd look into hiring Mark Hunter, I think he'd be a good fit working with Benning, they both have scouting in their nature.

Hunter has done a great job for London and his 4 years with the leaves, plus he had 2 interviews for the Oilers GM spot - until Holland came around.

Add another great hockey mind to the Canucks management brass would be good imo, especially as Boeser, Petey and Hughes contracts start to become a thing in the next couple years.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:53 pm Like what the Senators are doing:
OTTAWA — General manager Pierre Dorion is going to get some help rebuilding the Ottawa Senators.

The Senators confirmed with a statement on Saturday that the club is planning to hire a new president of hockey operations to work with Dorion moving forward.

“The Senators intend to hire a president of hockey operations to support and provide guidance to the general manager, and to fill the void left by the late Bryan Murray,” the statement said.

“The position is integral to the success of the hockey club, especially as we continue our rebuilding process, hiring a top-notch candidate to fill this role is critically important.”
I'd look into hiring Mark Hunter, I think he'd be a good fit working with Benning, they both have scouting in their nature.

Hunter has done a great job for London and his 4 years with the Leaves, plus he had 2 interviews for the Oilers GM spot - until Holland came around.

Add another great hockey mind to the Canucks management brass would be good imo, especially as Boeser, Petey and Hughes contracts start to become a thing in the next couple years.
Hunter would be an excellent selection for Ottawa, but does anyone want to work with Melnyk? :crazy:

And Jimmy doesn't need any help signing players to extensions, look at his work thus far on our present players:

Horvat, Baertschi, Granlund, Virtanen, Tanev,, Hutton, Stecher, Biega, Markstrom, Demko.

:thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Bryan Murray left such big shoes to fill.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.