2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:57 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:33 pm It was a terrible pick
Displaced Aggression^^^

Blaming Olli for Benning not drafting Tkachuk

The book is far from being written on Olli my friend. Only 8 players drafted behind Olli in the first round are playing in the nhl currently. Only 2 of them are regrettable for missing out on but it’s the fucking draft, you win some you lose some, it won’t be the last time
I don’t blame Olli you numbskull. I blame Elmer. It was a putrid pick
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:22 pm
Displaced Aggression^^^

The book is far from being written on Olli my friend. Only 8 players drafted behind Olli in the first round are playing in the nhl currently. Only 2 of them are regrettable for missing out on but it’s the fucking draft, you win some you lose some, it won’t be the last time
So you're not writing the book on Olli just yet?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:29 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:22 pm
Displaced Aggression^^^

So you're not writing the book on Olli just yet?
Nope. I just hope he can turn into a decent hockey player. Virtanen is trending that way. He wasn’t near as big a blunder as Olaf though. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So Olaf is a blunder or he's a blunder cause we picked him instead of Tkachuk? How do you know how Olli's NHL career will turn out? His first pro season was derailed by two surgeries within 6 months of each other. Is your patience with his arrival getting the best of you? You should try to be calm, cool and collected like Doc and I. We are like beacon's in stormy seas off the coast of the Shetlands.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Juju is a razor thin blunder :D
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:36 pm So Olaf is a blunder or he's a blunder cause we picked him instead of Tkachuk? How do you know how Olli's NHL career will turn out? His first pro season was derailed by two surgeries within 6 months of each other. Is your patience with his arrival getting the best of you? You should try to be calm, cool and collected like Doc and I. We are like beacon's in stormy seas off the coast of the Shetlands.
They passed up on a a kid who will likely be a perennial top 15 scorer who plays with bite and was taken by their #1 rival. Anyone who saw the Knights playoff run that year knew damn well how good Tkachuk was. Hence why the crowd booed the pick at Rogers Arena

It’s a blunder unless Olaf turns into a top pairing, top 20 D man. Not his fault. He didn’t make the pick. I’m
Ok if he can eventually become a middle pairing guy.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tkachuk is a coward who will eventually develop into full-blown cancer.

He's putting up tons of points only because I'm willing it to happen in a contract year.

Just like I willed Nylander to do the same, and look at him now. :mex:

I'm also presently willing pending RFAs Matthews and Marner to put up huge points.

Relax Blob, I know what I'm doing...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

:lol:

Ok just get on it after he signs his 8 x 8 contract extension

Nylander is puzzling :scowl:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nylander and Ehlers struggles in the playoffs was a big red flag for me. I'm not huge fans of these two players now that I've seen them in the NHL. Nylander is always in and out of Babcocks doghouse, not a good sign, not too mention that these two have had the luxury of riding shotgun with two of the top young stars in the game (Laine and Matthews) I guarantee you once Matthews gets going, you will see Nylander's number improve.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:12 pm Tkachuk is a coward who will eventually develop into full-blown cancer.

was not impressed with Tkachuk hitting the dirt and turtling when Kassian dropped his mitts and not impressed with his sucker punch of the unsuspecting KNOWN pugilist - Wenneberg.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think people should just admit that Tkachuk is exactly the type of top six we need in the line up. I think its fair to say a do over would be nice. However, having said that, we still need to see if Juolevi develops into a top four dman for us, or becomes a blue chip trade prospect now that we have Hughes. His development thus far is not too bad considering he's a dman, we all know, that unless it is a franchise type man, it takes longer for them to develop. But at the same time its hard not to feel some disappointment with his development, granted hindered by injuries.

He would be beloved if he were on the Canucks. I for one though didn't want Benning to pick him. I had no idea who I would have rather he had taken because knew nothing about Juolevi. But then again I knew almost nothing about Pettersson.

I just think this argument is dead.
The only HW the Canucks need
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Phew! Thank god it's over.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:36 pm We are like beacon's in stormy seas off the coast of the Shetlands.
Just like DI Jimmy Perez
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 pm Phew! Thank god it's over.
Think this ones likely to carry on a while;

"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 pm I just think this argument is dead.
Yep. We can revisit when Juolevi turns into a solid 2-3 dman. Til then, case closed.