2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

nuckster
MVP
MVP

Re: 2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Post by nuckster »

I really hope you're right. If in fact Tkachuk is the real 'mckoy' as a first liner down the road, it'll be a reality that we will have to live with while hopefully being consoled by Juelevi's greatness! (I hope) :|
cc oldtimer
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:I would have serious HFboard Benning hate like the Blob'IN crew if we don't walk out of this draft with one of Tkachuk or PLD. I'm sorry but we got bigger problems at forward once the 36 year old Sedins retire than we do at defence. Juolevi, Sergachyov and Chychrun are "maybe" top pairing D men while PLD and Tkachuk are pretty much guaranteed first line players.
:lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I would have serious HFboard Benning hate like the Blob'IN crew if we don't walk out of this draft with one of Tkachuk or PLD. I'm sorry but we got bigger problems at forward once the 36 year old Sedins retire than we do at defence. Juolevi, Sergachyov and Chychrun are "maybe" top pairing D men while PLD and Tkachuk are pretty much guaranteed first line players.
Careful or people will start calling you doctor Blob.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Nice work, one of my favourites
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Genius... stoking some fires

Post by olpaddy »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Nice work, one of my favourites
RoyalDude wrote:Don't know how credible the rumour mill out there is but if Dreger is correct in saying that our 5th pick is in play for help now because Benning wants to make the playoffs I will be that dude at Rogers Arena stoking the fires of "Fire Benning" chant.

If we don't walk out of this draft with one of Dubois or Tkachuk this management regime will go down as the worse regime since the regime of the mid eighties Cam Neely trade era.
There is gold in them there Hills 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nice work on the archiving Puddles. Gold. Luckily Genius doesn't listen to the fanbase
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Nice work on the archiving Puddles. Gold. Luckily Genius doesn't listen to the fanbase
Yeah they don’t need a guy like Tkachuk. We got Mackenzie Stewart coming
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

RoyalDude wrote:Nice work on the archiving Puddles. Gold. Luckily Genius doesn't listen to the fanbase
Don't u worry Pacific Blue there is more where that came from... 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Re-visit based on NHL play

1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. McAvoy
4. Tkachuk
5. Dubois
6. Keller
7. Cholowski
8. Girard
9. DeBrincat
10. Sergachev
11. Chychrun
12. Jost

That’s pretty much it. The rest are filled with small cups of coffee splattered here and there b to no big affect and the rest still developing

Goes to show you that the book is still being written. The final draft for 2016 still not submitted. Far from it

Jesse “Michael Dal Colle” Puljujarvi
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'd move Dubuois right up underneath Laine. Hes a nugget
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Canucks wanted PLD. So did I.

I was yelling all sorts of Kekalainen at my TV when we lost out. We wanted centers and D, so with Jake and Brock, I guess you had to start getting some Dmen into your pool.

Like Button says, if you don't draft D, they're hard to acquire later.

Yeah, don't come at me with BPA or some wicked hindsight. McAvoy? C'mon. I've heard enough on this topic. It is what it is. Deal with it.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:45 am Goes to show you that the book is still being written. The final draft for 2016 still not submitted. Far from it
Truth.

OJ could move waaaaaaaay up your list. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:45 am Re-visit based on NHL play

1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. McAvoy
4. Tkachuk
5. Dubois
6. Keller
7. Cholowski
8. Girard
9. DeBrincat
10. Sergachev
11. Chychrun
12. Jost

That’s pretty much it. The rest are filled with small cups of coffee splattered here and there b to no big affect and the rest still developing

Goes to show you that the book is still being written. The final draft for 2016 still not submitted. Far from it

It’s too soon to judge the 2016 draft, but it’s not too soon to judge the 2017 draft :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:40 pm

1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. McAvoy
4. Tkachuk
5. Dubois
6. Keller
7. Cholowski
8. Girard
9. DeBrincat
10. Sergachev
11. Chychrun
12. Jost

It’s too soon to judge the 2016 draft, but it’s not too soon to judge the 2017 draft :lol:
Put Pettersson in that generational category Bubbles, it’s clear he’s a superstar in the making. Bob McKenzie has always lamented that Patrick is not a dynamic player. He might be a Jordan Staal type at best
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

1. Matthews
2. Laine
3. McAvoy
4. Tkachuk
5. Dubois
6. Keller
7. Cholowski
8. Girard
9. DeBrincat
10. Sergachev
11. Chychrun
12. Jost

So it’s fine to write Pulujarvi off but it’s much too soon to write Olaf off?

I’m wondering if Pulujarvi is a power forward . I know Olaf plays D and according to some posters on this board always tell us those players (power forwards and D) take longer to develop. I mean why not beat a 50 year old cliche right into the ground?

If you guys are up for it I could produce a list of D and power forwards who were high picks like Olaf and who were impact players within a couple years of being drafted and completely destroy that myth