2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: 2016 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

Post by Arachnid »

micky107 wrote:Montreal may dangle Subban for a spot to acquire Dubroise.
His no-trade kicks in next year.
Figured this might happen......
Our chance for a legit #1 D for the first time ever....if we get their pick then it will be worth it...(we give them Burrows back).
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Arachnid wrote:
Our chance for a legit #1 D for the first time ever....if we get their pick then it will be worth it...(we give them Burrows back).
We'd need to get EDM's 4th first - unless they trade the 4th to someone else who covets Tkachuk...
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Actually, it could be any four in front of us. Well maybe not Columbus(money).
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Arachnid wrote:
So the Habs are going to give the Canucks Subban to move up four spots in the draft ? Not to mention taking Burrows boat anchor too. Do you idiots mainline Lysol or fucking drink it ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tkachuck is averaging 2.5 points a game in the playoffs. The guy is on fire yet it's Dubois or trade the pick for you. Brilliant strategy. He had future first line forward written all over him. I think the Coilers grab him anyways so we should get Dubois which I also have no problem with.
Yeah I'd be fine with either guy. I'm just not sure their ceiling is significantly better than some of the other guys in that range. Definitely reminds me of the Virtanen pick, where BPA will be a matter of opinion/management style.
Nah. To me this is like 2014 in that there are the top five, and then there are the rest. The difference being that we're at #5 instead of #6 this time around.. :thumbs:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

dbr wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tkachuck is averaging 2.5 points a game in the playoffs. The guy is on fire yet it's Dubois or trade the pick for you. Brilliant strategy. He had future first line forward written all over him. I think the Coilers grab him anyways so we should get Dubois which I also have no problem with.
Yeah I'd be fine with either guy. I'm just not sure their ceiling is significantly better than some of the other guys in that range. Definitely reminds me of the Virtanen pick, where BPA will be a matter of opinion/management style.
Nah. To me this is like 2014 in that there are the top five, and then there are the rest. The difference being that we're at #5 instead of #6 this time around.. :thumbs:
And it's lucky we were #6 that year as MDC the 5th pick is playing like a bust, got cut from TC at 19 yrs old, pretty much a vet in junior age - Isle fans already want to trade him before his value diminishes any further like yakupov and all the oiler 1st overall picks sans mcdavy.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:
dbr wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
And it's lucky we were #6 that year as MDC the 5th pick is playing like a bust, got cut from TC at 19 yrs old, pretty much a vet in junior age - Isle fans already want to trade him before his value diminishes any further like yakupov and all the oiler 1st overall picks sans mcdavy.

Who is MDC.
The only HW the Canucks need
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Michael Dal Colle. Went one pick ahead of Virtanen in 2014.

SKYO thinks he's a bust because his team (Oshawa) blew it up this year and he only scored 27 goals in 30 games (and another 6 in 9 in the playoffs) after being traded to Kingston.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: So the Habs are going to give the Canucks Subban to move up four spots in the draft ? Not to mention taking Burrows boat anchor too. Do you idiots mainline Lysol or fucking drink it ?
I can see MON trading PK + 9th to EDM for the 4th and Hall

That's going to be a hard one to match.

Edler + 5th to MON for Subban + 9th?

I've read that Subban's not very well liked in the locker room and became a huge distraction for them over the course of the year. Wonder how he'd react to moving to the asshole of Canada and being in a locker room full of players who only know how to lose?

EDM can't do it anyway - if they acquire PK, they'll have $40 mil cap hit committed to 7 players and will still have to sign McDavid + Draisaitl and Talbot will be in his final year so they'll have to up him as well.

Consider McDavid gets 10mil easily and Draisaitl and Talbot each get 6 (going rate in EDM), that gets them to 60 mil with more than half a roster still to sign.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Fun, isn't it.
You could tell there was something wrong in Montreal near the end of the season when PK fell a couple of times and it ended in goals. Therien called him out on it, even benched him a bit.
Their season was for all intents over at that point so I wondered WTF that was all about.
"evolution"
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
Overtime wrote:Nice stats. Your point is what?
Jesus fuck.

You quote my whole post and that's all you have.

Ever heard the quote "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool that to speak out and remove all doubt!"

:hmmm:
Hmmmm...indeed
Yes your attempted point was and is; rather irrelevant. Age is a minor consequence while compared to skill, health and many other factors. You wasted your time that day. :( :D
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

dbr wrote:Michael Dal Colle. Went one pick ahead of Virtanen in 2014.

SKYO thinks he's a bust because his team (Oshawa) blew it up this year and he only scored 27 goals in 30 games (and another 6 in 9 in the playoffs) after being traded to Kingston.
Just "reporting" whats out there, doesn't seem he will be that awesome impactful type anytime soon.

And he's definitely not an physical type, but a finesse/perimeter player - here is his shot total placement.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/step ... ers/Sheet2
Can see all the players from the Q and OHL.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote:

Just "reporting" whats out there, doesn't seem he will be that awesome impactful type anytime soon.

And he's definitely not an physical type, but a finesse/perimeter player - here is his shot total placement.

Stat users are like Enron accountants, you can always show what you want when you play the numbers.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Reefer2 wrote:
SKYO wrote:

Stat users are like Enron accountants, you can always show what you want when you play the numbers.
Facking environmentalist :evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reefer2 wrote:
SKYO wrote:
dbr wrote:Michael Dal Colle.
You were always horrible at analogies. haha

----

Dylan Sadowy of the Barrie Colts might re-enter the draft, a Sharks draft pick in 2014, if he doesn't sign by June 1st.
Sadowy ranked third on the list of producers likely to translate their OHL goal production to the NHL and he had the most High Danger shots in the OHL by a wide margin. His 61 HD attempts in the low slot were nine higher than the second-ranked skater Zach Senyshyn, who was a first-rounder last year.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/pote ... e-talking/
It should also be noted that 56 of Sadowy’s 87 goals scored over the past two seasons came at even strength, which ranks fourth in the OHL over time time behind only DeBrincat, Andrew Mangiapane and Dylan Strome.