Canucks land Brandon Sutter and 3rd round pick

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks land Brandon Sutter and 3rd round pick

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I see no loss ... I feel like Buster Douglas or maybe Rougned Odour.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I see no loss ... I feel like Buster Douglas or maybe Rougned Odour.
(psst... it's the fentanyl) Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Re: Canucks land Brandan Sutter and 3rd round pick

Post by Topper »

LOL
Strangelove wrote:Image
That line is John Druce.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Another game winning goal for Bones
bckev
CC Veteran

Post by bckev »

It will be Sutters turn next year
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

God help me I'm starting to side with Blobby on this one, Sutter has a lot of weaknesses, notably he's a toothpick, no grit at all, paid like a 2nd liner, but is a shitty passer with horrendous advanced stats, this goes back to the Penguin days as well. (http://www.pensburgh.com/2015/5/25/8633 ... -corsi-bad)

For a "checking" center, his line gets scored on a lot, you can see Goldy's frustration playing with the shite passer Suts.

I'll chalk this one up to a loss for Benning, this is a perfect time to cut bait and expose Sutter to Vegas.
Vegas can enjoy his term contract, not too old, he'll be great for their build as he can score 20 with good minutes and win a lot of faceoffs.

This also allows the team to possibly trade for a playmaking center, or sign one via college ufa, who the team really needs for the wingers we have that are not getting any help at all from Sutter like Goldy, Eriksson, Granlund, Boucher.

Bart and Boeser have Horvat.
Sedins are powerplay guys now, who should be getting secondary/third liner minutes.

So yeah, that should be the end of the Sutter experiment, he's been exposed via the fancy stats fellas year after year and it's high time to let him go so this team can make space for a scoring playmaker.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

How do Doc and the other guzzlers feel about you not towing the company line ?

Good for you Skyo !!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:How do Doc and the other guzzlers feel about you not towing the company line ?

Good for you Skyo !!
I'm scared. :lol:
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Sutter is better by every advanced stat than Bonino this season, and playing way more minutes than Bonino, and has basically identical offensive production than Bones. The advanced stats have improved dramatically from his Pitt days.

What Bones has is a much more cap-friendly contract with term, and an improbable hit of post-season chemistry with Kessel.

Sutter's contract is looking better and better with each passing UFA season, and is perfectly reasonable for a useful, 35-40 point centre. David Backes got $6 mil x5 years, coming off a 45-point season, and is 5 years older and is on pace for 40 points this year.

If it winds up being Sutter and Sbisa being exposed, I'm fairly confident Sutter will be taken.

While I'm fine with Sutter, Granlund's emergence may have made him redundant.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

LOL, lets loose every face off on that side of the ice.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote:God help me I'm starting to side with Blobby on this one, Sutter has a lot of weaknesses, notably he's a toothpick, no grit at all, paid like a 2nd liner, but is a shitty passer with horrendous advanced stats, this goes back to the Penguin days as well. (http://www.pensburgh.com/2015/5/25/8633 ... -corsi-bad)

For a "checking" center, his line gets scored on a lot, you can see Goldy's frustration playing with the shite passer Suts.

I'll chalk this one up to a loss for Benning, this is a perfect time to cut bait and expose Sutter to Vegas.
Vegas can enjoy his term contract, not too old, he'll be great for their build as he can score 20 with good minutes and win a lot of faceoffs.

This also allows the team to possibly trade for a playmaking center, or sign one via college ufa, who the team really needs for the wingers we have that are not getting any help at all from Sutter like Goldy, Eriksson, Granlund, Boucher.

Bart and Boeser have Horvat.
Sedins are powerplay guys now, who should be getting secondary/third liner minutes.

So yeah, that should be the end of the Sutter experiment, he's been exposed via the fancy stats fellas year after year and it's high time to let him go so this team can make space for a scoring playmaker.
Yeah, for some one who's supposed to have a good defensive game, not seeing it right now.
Most thought Miller was a little upset with Tryamkin against the Ducks but it was Sutter he was so mad at.
The guy has developed this nasty habit of standing still, about 10 to 12 feet in front of his own goalie, right in the line of fire, hence, goalie can't see shit. Did see Miller's reaction though :evil: :evil: .
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

ESQ wrote:Sutter is better by every advanced stat than Bonino this season, and playing way more minutes than Bonino, and has basically identical offensive production than Bones. The advanced stats have improved dramatically from his Pitt days.

What Bones has is a much more cap-friendly contract with term, and an improbable hit of post-season chemistry with Kessel.

What I don't understand is how Bones signed a 3 year deal at $1.9/year after scoring 22 goals and 49 points the previous season. Those numbers deserves closer to $4 million, which is what I expect he'll get now.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tciso wrote:
ESQ wrote:Sutter is better by every advanced stat than Bonino this season, and playing way more minutes than Bonino, and has basically identical offensive production than Bones. The advanced stats have improved dramatically from his Pitt days.

What I don't understand is how Bones signed a 3 year deal at $1.9/year after scoring 22 goals and 49 points the previous season. Those numbers deserves closer to $4 million, which is what I expect he'll get now.
One guy comes to mind, the Anaheim Ducks assistant GM David McNab whose 6'6 and the teams primary contract negotiator + salary cap expert.

The Ducks have an internal cap and McNab is a pretty cheap bastard, got low cap hits from Bonino and Rakell, but his toughest deals so far were Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan before he met his match with Claude Lemieux and his client Hampus Lindholm...which should bode well for Lemieux!
https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks-si ... -283142658
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sutter's contract is looking better and better with each passing UFA season, and is perfectly reasonable for a useful, 35-40 point centre. David Backes got $6 mil x5 years, coming off a 45-point season, and is 5 years older and is on pace for 40 points this year.

If it winds up being Sutter and Sbisa being exposed, I'm fairly confident Sutter will be taken.

While I'm fine with Sutter, Granlund's emergence may have made him redundant.
Sutter plays 20 min a game with pp time. Glen Cochrane could score 30 points a year with that ice time. Sutter averages 32 points a year , is one of the softest players to ever lace up the blades , gets manhandled all over the ice and can't pass the puck to save his life. At 2.5 million playing 12-14 minutes a night and wining a few face offs r/h while scoring 25 points , nobody would complain.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Couturier scored 15 goals and had 22 assists last year. The year before he had 13 goals and 26 assists. He is 6'3" tall, same as Sutter but is 7 lbs heavier. Never has had more than 45 PIMs in his 3 NHL seasons. Like Mëds said, the only difference - age. However Couturier will make more money than Sutter in the last 3 years of his contract. Cap hits are nearly identical

Long and short of it - Blobby has another blood stain in his white jeans
Lol Sutter vs Couturier