Canucks land Brandon Sutter and 3rd round pick

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks land Brandon Sutter and 3rd round pick

Post by Hockey Widow »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Burrows contract is nowhere near the worst on the team anymore. It has been surpassed by Brandon Sutters deal, Ryan Millers abortion , Luca Sbisas gift and Derek Dorsetts mess . Funny how one boozer signed all of the contracts that are worse than a terrible Burrows contract . I can't wait for this retard to puke away his estimated 20 million in cap space next summer . What gems can we expect ?
I'm expecting a $7.5M per, 6 year offer to Lucic. Baertschi and Vey will get Sbisa-like extensions. Not sure how we'll fit so many intangibles and so much character on one roster.

Ya, no.

Lucic scares me. I think if he is on the market Jim goes crazy on the guy. I could see him giving Lucic Kesler+ type money on a 6-7 year deal with a full no trade. So 7.5" might not be out of the question.

If Baertschi produces he will get a nice bridge deal but not near Sbisa money. The only leverage he has is the threat to play in Europe. He still has RFA years. Vey, no he isn't going to get near that. I just don't see him breaking out nor do I see him as a future core.

But I do fear blowing the wad on Lucic.
The only HW the Canucks need
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Burrows contract is nowhere near the worst on the team anymore. It has been surpassed by Brandon Sutters deal, Ryan Millers abortion , Luca Sbisas gift and Derek Dorsetts mess . Funny how one boozer signed all of the contracts that are worse than a terrible Burrows contract . I can't wait for this retard to puke away his estimated 20 million in cap space next summer . What gems can we expect ?
You just repeat yourself all day, we get it man. Your posts make you look like a whiny bitch who can't move on.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

JonT21 wrote:
You just repeat yourself all day, we get it man. Your posts make you look like a whiny bitch who can't move on.
He is a whiny bitch who can't move on.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol I struck a nerve with Topper and his finger puppet. Obviously they support the dudes trolling more so than mine .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol I struck a nerve with Topper and his finger puppet. Obviously they support the dudes trolling more so than mine .

Hey don't drag me down with ya, bro. That's your fight, not mine. I'm a voice of reason. You? You're disintegrating your panties with your angry arse.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
I'm expecting a $7.5M per, 6 year offer to Lucic. Baertschi and Vey will get Sbisa-like extensions. Not sure how we'll fit so many intangibles and so much character on one roster.

Ya, no.

Lucic scares me. I think if he is on the market Jim goes crazy on the guy. I could see him giving Lucic Kesler+ type money on a 6-7 year deal with a full no trade. So 7.5" might not be out of the question.

If Baertschi produces he will get a nice bridge deal but not near Sbisa money. The only leverage he has is the threat to play in Europe. He still has RFA years. Vey, no he isn't going to get near that. I just don't see him breaking out nor do I see him as a future core.

But I do fear blowing the wad on Lucic.
lol I was only partially serious HW. Actually if Baertschi and Vey do something to deserve big raises it will mean Benning might have finally done something worth cheering about.

With you on Lucic though. Let someone else give him the massive deal.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol I struck a nerve with Topper and his finger puppet. Obviously they support the dudes trolling more so than mine .
If I could, I'd put a penny on your head so you'd stop repeating yourself.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

Hockey Widow wrote: Vey, no he isn't going to get near that. I just don't see him breaking out nor do I see him as a future core.
It is offseason - I refuse to be pessimistic.

Vey has excelled starting year 2 of every league he has played in. We are told he is working hard to build the strength and stamina that he will need to compete is this league. Until the season starts and he shows otherwise, I am going to work on the assumption that he, like the rest of the clan (ie Sven, Bo, Ronalds, Brandon, Brendan, Hunter, Jake, Cole, and the 15 no-name defensemen) will all show breakout years. Heck, maybe even Nicklas might turn over a new leaf and be a scoring sensation.

Will there be space for those aged twins to even play? :wow:

Got to love offseason - the team hasn't lost a game yet this offseason! The players all look like all stars. The juniors are scoring tons in international play. Winners all the way around. Cup is ours

We now return to regularly scheduled (re-run) programming :lol:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

What's been lost in all of this is

WHAT NUMBER WILL SUTTER WEAR?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:What's been lost in all of this is

Guessing #16 Sutter will have to settle for 18 or 21.

12, 16 retired.
Vrb has 17, Burr 14, Corrado 26.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
cfp
CC Veteran

Post by cfp »

SKYO wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:What's been lost in all of this is

Guessing #16 Sutter will have to settle for 18 or 21.

12, 16 retired.
Vrb has 17, Burr 14, Corrado 26.

So Linden doesnt come down from the rafters wearing a johnny Canuck jersey and hand Sutter a #16 Orca jersey ?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

LOL at cfp.

He can wear 15, Richardson is gone. Or 61, hey why not. This is important stuff.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:LOL at cfp.

He can wear 15, Richardson is gone. Or 61, hey why not. This is important stuff.
How about 44 (he can put the initials LNMC on his helmet)
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:

Hey don't drag me down with ya, bro. That's your fight, not mine. I'm a voice of reason. You? You're disintegrating your panties with your angry arse.
:lol:

I could drag up all of your obnoxious blathering from the last two months as an amusing blow-by-blow illustration of just how absurd that claim is, but I think everyone on the board knows you're undermining discourse almost as badly as you did while Mike Gillis was whiffing his way out of a job.

Is RoyalDude ever content to leave well enough alone on CanucksCorner.com?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah thats rich coming from Pacific Blue . His hypocrisy has no boundaries . I can at least admit I'm trolling and fucking around .

I did think it was cute that tranny21 got all fucking bent out of shape though
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”