Kassian traded to Habs...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Kassian traded to Habs...

Post by lostinarink »

Hockey Widow wrote:Benning said today that Zachary was in stage 1 before he (Benning) got here. So under MG's watch. He also said they did everything they could to help Zach and get him the help he needed but in the end it is up to the individual to buy in. Said he was very frank with Montreal and Montreal was well aware of Zach's history. It was hard to move him.

The Canucks were committed to having good character guys, on and off the ice, to help nurture all the kids in the organization. They obviously didn't want his influence rubbing off on the younger kids.

Zach has potential but has never had to work at it, always dominated at every level. I hope for his sake he gets it turned around.
2 thumbs up to TL, JB and the rest of them for deciding when it was time to move and and acting upon it. No doubt, if the Habs hadn't taken the risk, JB would have waived him as soon as that window opened for the new season.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote:Benning said today that Zachary was in stage 1 before he (Benning) got here. So under MG's watch.
I wonder if Zack had this issue even when MG acquired him?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Benning said today that Zachary was in stage 1 before he (Benning) got here. So under MG's watch.
He had a bar fight or two as a junior but who knows when things got this bad.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Zack has had issues dating all the way back to junior beyond just a couple of bar fights. The hodgson trade was a trading of players with issues, albeit, different kind of issues.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

With the NHL admitting that cocain use is on the increase in the NHL, and every year there are players who can't get contracts, or get them late and below what you expected they would get, makes you wonder......
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Stage 1 was was under MG/Torts watch, out partying was under JB/WD's watch, Stage 2 is under the Habs watch.

Intriguing time line.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Mob ties to Zach's truck.....

welcome to Montreal kid.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Well it's obviously not Zack's fault then.

He was forced to take a ride at 6am in a mob truck.

Can't do much with broken blow holes. Might as well re-Habs.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hank wrote:Well it's obviously not Zack's fault then.

He was forced to take a ride at 6am in a mob truck.

Can't do much with broken blow holes. Might as well re-Habs.
Yeah, I know right? Kass always gets blamed for everything, he didnt even do anything. He was just a passenger, not his fault the dumb bitch can't drive. :lol:
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Topper wrote:Stage 1 was was under MG/Torts watch, out partying was under JB/WD's watch, Stage 2 is under the Habs watch.

Intriguing time line.
The guy has had too many coaches, cut him a break. :roll:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I only wish the best for Zachary. He has so much potential and I would love to see him get his shit together and have an NHL career. Personality wise the guy is not a dick. Met him once and he is a nice guy, polite, humble even a little shy. It's all on him to slay the dragon. Some substance abusers are just plain assholes, Zach isn't one of them. Having said that, glad we moved on. We have so many young impressionable kids on the team right now, we don't need that influence in the locker room. Heard the other day that if the Canucks had not been able to trade him they were prepared to buy him out. They didn't want to waive him and have him in Utica either, they were done.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Just a note - until details are released, let's not start / rehash rumours about drug use.

Thanks.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."