Kassian traded to Habs...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Kassian traded to Habs...

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote: Daniel tied for 8th in the NHL in points last season.

There is nothing "wrong with this picture".

How weeTodded are you?
Bravo, gotta change the topic I see. Sticking the arguement, so u are happy with Dank's 20Gs this past season? That's fine if u do, but I believe Dank should produce more in that dept. Going in the season, I think it was expected that Verbata and Dank would be leading the team in Gs. Verbata did fine with 30, Dank was a bit low at 20. I don't expect Dank to score like 40 anymore, but he should be pushing around 30 given his salary, ice time and role on the team. Shawn Matt did a fine job with 18 given his role and ice time.

Just keep drinking your Overlord's Kool-Aid buddy. It's good for u and will make u smart. :P
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Well gee Todd, how "smart" of you to notice Dank made $7M and scored 20 goals

... while Matthias made $1.8M and scored 18 goals!!!

You win the "Kassian traded to Habs" thread!!! :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?p=236744#p236744

viewtopic.php?p=236773#p236773

:mrgreen: iddioT
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote: :mrgreen: iddioT
OK buddy, but that makes u Benning's Byotch. :D

StrangeBenning'sLover :lol:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Anyways, back on topic. I was talking with a few buds about the trade and one of them bought up Benning's interview after the trade. Basically, JB (Strange's Overlord) was asked if there were off ice issues with Zack and JB politely refused to comment. I know a lot of us are down with the Zack trade and even though we'll probably never know all the details as to why they gave up on him, off ice issues is probably the main reason. Team 1040 said they got a bunch of reports of Zack sightings around town when he became mysteriously injured. A bud told me about a rumour about Zack's off ice habits, so I made a post on here a few months ago about it; I tried to be careful to not say anything slanderous, but it still got deleted. If u want to know what I heard, feel free to PM me.

Goodie two shoes like JB, Trev and Willie D don't want guys like Zack on their team. If they have some baggage, it better to get rid of them rather than work with them. Zack's off ice issues combined with his back problems make him labelled as potential damaged goods, thus the reason why we got so little in return for him in Prust. It makes no sense to give up on a guy who u have worked with for so long, only to trade him just when he's showing signs of coming around. It makes no sense to get garbage in return for a young player like Zack. I won't be surprised if JB was up front about Zack's off ice issues as well, so interested parties were afaid to give up much. Bergervin is willing to offer Prust, but feels he may be getting damaged goods, so JB gives him a 5th for compensation.

I was super disappointed when JB gave up on him and I wish my Kassassian well. I hope Kass can turn the corner in Montreal and become the player that a lot of us thinks he can be. Weiser 2.0, but even better. :P

1:15 mark
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I could care less what Kassian's off ice habits were, especially now that he's playing for another team. After the Luongo drama, Torts fiasco and Kesler bullshit to name a few, I'm happy the club is cleaning house with all the behind the scenes drama and nonsense that takes away from the game I love.

I have no illusions that the local media won't continue to bring to light personal issues within the Canuck community, but the fewer the distractions the club has, the better IMHO.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Topper wrote: Injuries at TTD prevented selling.
No. The Canucks being in a playoff race prevented selling. We have a farm team. We could have traded Matthias.
Asshat, Miller and Burrows went down just before the TDD, Bieksa, Edler and Tanev were already out. Sanguinetti and Jensen were the undressed roster forwards. Using your logic of "just call up folks from the farm", the Sedins and Verbata could have been traded.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, I don't blame Strange's Overlord for not selling at the TDD. I thought the team was looking good and might be able to make a bit of a run, u need to hold on to roster players to do that.
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

Kassian injured in a single vehicle crash overnight (about 230 AM). Apparently his truck was being driven by a 20 year old girl. He also had an 18 year old in the vehicle.
http://www.tsn.ca/habs-kassian-involved ... t-1.371412

No idea if Shane O'Brien was nearby...........
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Anyways, back on topic. I was talking with a few buds about the trade and one of them bought up Benning's interview after the trade. Basically, JB (Strange's Overlord) was asked if there were off ice issues with Zack and JB politely refused to comment. I know a lot of us are down with the Zack trade and even though we'll probably never know all the details as to why they gave up on him, off ice issues is probably the main reason. Team 1040 said they got a bunch of reports of Zack sightings around town when he became mysteriously injured. A bud told me about a rumour about Zack's off ice habits, so I made a post on here a few months ago about it; I tried to be careful to not say anything slanderous, but it still got deleted. If u want to know what I heard, feel free to PM me.

Goodie two shoes like JB, Trev and Willie D don't want guys like Zack on their team. If they have some baggage, it better to get rid of them rather than work with them. Zack's off ice issues combined with his back problems make him labelled as potential damaged goods, thus the reason why we got so little in return for him in Prust. It makes no sense to give up on a guy who u have worked with for so long, only to trade him just when he's showing signs of coming around. It makes no sense to get garbage in return for a young player like Zack. I won't be surprised if JB was up front about Zack's off ice issues as well, so interested parties were afaid to give up much. Bergervin is willing to offer Prust, but feels he may be getting damaged goods, so JB gives him a 5th for compensation.

I was super disappointed when JB gave up on him and I wish my Kassassian well. I hope Kass can turn the corner in Montreal and become the player that a lot of us thinks he can be. Weiser 2.0, but even better. :P

1:15 mark
He has been around for awhile and still hasn't figured out how to throw a right hand when opponents figure out he's a lefty... This isn't Windsor where u can get away with that... The truck accident I don't know the full details hope everyone is ok, Im sure when he meets the media the Zack Attack will be filled with shame and say all the right things cause thats his M.O...

Its always everybodys fault but the Zack Attack's Lindy Ruff,Vigneault,Torts,Old Man Willie When the Montreal media realize the Pitbull they thought they were getting is really and St Bernard it might get a lil rough for him... NOT MISSED AT ALL...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Wow, Kass wore an A that game. I know it's pre-season and all, but not bad for the new guy on the team. I couldn't see that ever happening here, especially under Uncle Willies. :P
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

So Marc Bergevin was addressing the media and basically said that players have to be professional & respectful, that they're lucky to be hockey players.

“I’m a firm believer in character, and that’s really a lack of character and judgment on his part”.

Old Zacky-boy with a broken nose, foot and looks to be out for a bit. On the short leash even before the regular season starts.

Maybe GMJB did do the best he could when he was forced to take on Prust's contract AND give up a 5th just to get something in return and be rid of this headache.

19 year old Jake Virtanen has already shown more skill, IQ and maturity on & off-ice than Kassian and Booth combined.
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Wow, Kass wore an A that game. I know it's pre-season and all, but not bad for the new guy on the team. I couldn't see that ever happening here, especially under Uncle Willies. :P
Zack is wearing a scarlet letter now. If he was still here, he'd be waived.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Bergevin rippin Kassian's character and judgement, crashed 6am after partying all night I'd guess.
Marc Bergevin says he's "disappointed" in Zack Kassian: "Put it this way: It happened early in the morning. I don't have all the details."
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zack has a terrible off ice reputation around the league. This goes all the way back to junior. The guy is a major cancer in the room. I've had conversations with a dude who Ryan kesler is an investor in his company and Kesler was moaning to this dude about Kassian, something along the lines of having the tools but wasting it away. Also heard from another good source that Zack likes his cocaine, not sure if it's a problem like it was for Dominic Mobilio but apparently Zack does it.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:Zack has a terrible off ice reputation around the league. This goes all the way back to junior. The guy is a major cancer in the room. I've had conversations with a dude who Ryan kesler is an investor in his company and Kesler was moaning to this dude about Kassian, something along the lines of having the tools but wasting it away. Also heard from another good source that Zack likes his cocaine, not sure if it's a problem like it was for Dominic Mobilio but apparently Zack does it.
Rich guys in their 20's like to party? I'm shocked. That is pretty rich coming from a guy like Kesler, though.

Tough one for Kassian and I imagine there's more to this story than what the public knows. It's too bad he continues to slam the snooze on the alarm clock of life. All the tools, no tool box. Especially in this case, there's nobody to blame but the individual.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hank wrote:So Marc Bergevin was addressing the media and basically said that players have to be professional & respectful, that they're lucky to be hockey players.

“I’m a firm believer in character, and that’s really a lack of character and judgment on his part”.

Old Zacky-boy with a broken nose, foot and looks to be out for a bit. On the short leash even before the regular season starts.

Maybe GMJB did do the best he could when he was forced to take on Prust's contract AND give up a 5th just to get something in return and be rid of this headache.

19 year old Jake Virtanen has already shown more skill, IQ and maturity on & off-ice than Kassian and Booth combined.
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Wow, Kass wore an A that game. I know it's pre-season and all, but not bad for the new guy on the team. I couldn't see that ever happening here, especially under Uncle Willies. :P
Zack is wearing a scarlet letter now. If he was still here, he'd be waived.

LOL, forced to take Prust, no. They targeted Prust. They wanted a character 4th liner to help out Dorsett in his role. They wanted a player that would help stand up for teammates. To get him they had to throw in the 5th round pick. They could have waived Kassian had they just wanted to get rid of him. But to get Montreal to take a chance on him they had to give up that pick. But they weren't forced to take Prust, they wanted Prust. Benning was thinking a couple of things, one, protection for the younger players and two, playoff character guys who make it hard for teams to play us.
The only HW the Canucks need