Save Eddie Lack!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Save Eddie Lack!

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I didn't make it, but luv the guys who did. Save my Eddie Lack Attack Pack! :lol:

https://www.change.org/p/vancouver-canu ... eddie-lack
Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Save Eddie Lack!

Post by Meds »

So fucking stupid.

The point of trading Lack is only in the timing of it.

Miller has less trade value because of his age and cap hit. But Miller is still the better goalie.

Markstrom is 2 years younger and has put up way better AHL numbers at 25 years old than Lack did at the same age.

Lack wasn't thrown to the wolves in the NHL, he was brought in slowly. He was never an emergency call-up and he always had a proven top goaltender to play behind (Lou then Miller). Markstrom was playing in Florida, never had the goaltending instruction he has gotten since landing in Vancouver, and in his opportunities with the Canucks he has been the victim of a shitty team again, one that was so badly out-classed, skating with their heads up their asses, that he didn't have a hope of getting things together or building confidence. You can't write him off, and Benning seems pretty happy with what he saw from him through the Comets playoff run.

The team is re-tooling and getting ready to turn the page on the Sedin era. It's a mistake to try and run with a pair of inexperienced goaltenders while trying to bring kids into the system (see Edmonton). By the time the kids are ready to take the reigns Lack will be in his early 30's. By the time the kids are ready to do some damage Lack will be 33 and you will have to consider replacing him to maintain contender status. Will Demko be ready?

Combine that with the fact that you either trade Lack or lose Markstrom for nothing, and then you have to try to keep Eddie as an UFA next summer.....

Everything points to Lack going, and it's not because he's not good enough to stay. It's just the smart thing to do for a team that is building for the future.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I didn't make it, but luv the guys who did. Save my Eddie Lack Attack Pack! :lol:

https://www.change.org/p/vancouver-canu ... eddie-lack
Whoa... u luv guys dood? :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Don't really care who they trade as long as the value is there. Three good goalies, one has to go. Guessing it's Lack but whoever ges us the best return and increases our chances to win I'm fine with it.

Have liked a lot of players in my time and disliked a number too, in the end all I care about is the best chance to win.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

You think we'd be numb towards goalies after the past couple seasons...

Can't move Miller, for all the reasons everyone knows about. While it's risky giving Markstrom the backup job, Lack likely walks away next year as a UFA if Miller is still here. Makes the decision easy.

That petition is awful.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Some so called fans are really ruining not only this sport. What's next? Keeping players because of their hairstyle , tattoos, flashy underwear? So laughable, we are all superstars. :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

FOH with that gay Lack shit
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Say goodbye to Lack, my friends.

He was a beauty. Great on Twitter, handled the media well ... we don't like those kinds of goalies sticking round' these parts.

My guess is Lack + to Buffalo for the 31st overall. Either that or straight across for the 51st pick. I think it gets done at the draft table tomorrow, if player "x" is still available at the time of the 31st pick.

Just my guess.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:Say goodbye to Lack, my friends.

He was a beauty. Great on Twitter, handled the media well ... we don't like those kinds of goalies sticking round' these parts.

My guess is Lack + to Buffalo for the 31st overall. Either that or straight across for the 51st pick. I think it gets done at the draft table tomorrow, if player "x" is still available at the time of the 31st pick.

Just my guess.
The Rags have already said no to Talbot for two 2nd rounders.

Lack is definitely close to that value in Benning's mind, and most fans too I think. Lack for the 31st should be straight up. If we are talking with Buffalo, and it is Lack plus, then we are going for the 21st.