Who's Getting Traded?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Which player do you think is most likely to be traded before the beginning of next season?

Bieksa
22%
Burrows
6%
Hamhuis
5%
Hansen
4%
Higgins
23%
Kassian
7%
Lack
20%
Miller
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 138

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Who's Getting Traded?

Post by BurningBeard »

Poll only includes players currently under contract. So no Matthias, Richardson, Vey obviously (Vey's still RFA, right?).
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: Who's Getting Traded?

Post by Aaronp18 »

Only 1 option!

Bunk poll.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Ditto..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Higgins
Bieksa
Lack
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
cfp
CC Veteran

Post by cfp »

I actually voted for my fellow Danegerous winger. (with the one vote only option.)

I think Higgins wont get dealt solely but Hansen could.

If we could get an early second for Lack we should look at it, considering Miller aint going anywhere IMO.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Aaronp18 wrote:Only 1 option!

Bunk poll.
Fixed for your enjoyment.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

What if you have used up your one and only option...is it fixed for those folks smarty-pants :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

3 players jump to a mega lead.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Other: one of Edler or Tanev
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The poll should read, who do you want to see get traded, at least with the front runners that seems to be how we are all voting. :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

One of Hamhuis/Bieksa - leaning towards Hamhuis.
Kassian - not well liked by the coaches, only reason he would stay is because his value sucks right now
Lack - don't want this to happen but I think it will
Higgins - just a feeling, has some value and relatively easy to deal

Those are my thoughts, lots of changes similar to last year at this time. Benning has already proven he likes to trade and he loves the draft so will go for picks if possible, maybe take back a bad contract if it gets him some value.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Diehard1 wrote:One of Hamhuis/Bieksa - leaning towards Hamhuis.
Kassian - not well liked by the coaches, only reason he would stay is because his value sucks right now
Yeah, which I'm really hoping DOESN'T happen. Especially with Benning bitching and moaning about our lack of 22-26 year olds.. well shit, here's a 24 year old big man with skill and a mean streak. We have all the patience in the world with guys like Linden "Coaches Pet" Vey, but Kassian, with all his natural (but still raw) skill set is constantly under a microscope.

Benning has taken risks and has given up good assets for players like Vey (23), Clendenning (22), Baertschi (22)... but Kassian, to this point, has been the most consistent NHLer of the bunch, the one most likely to be a regular NHL player, and they're ready to ship him out of town. On top of all that, he's one of the only pieces of sandpaper on a team loaded with soft players. It just seems like this management/coaching team should be putting every effort into developing and supporting this guy, not trying to ship him out of town.

You might get a 2nd rounder for Zack Kassian, but you likely won't be able to draft a Zack Kassian with a 2nd round pick.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:One of Hamhuis/Bieksa - leaning towards Hamhuis.
Yeah, which I'm really hoping DOESN'T happen. Especially with Benning bitching and moaning about our lack of 22-26 year olds.. well shit, here's a 24 year old big man with skill and a mean streak. We have all the patience in the world with guys like Linden "Coaches Pet" Vey, but Kassian, with all his natural (but still raw) skill set is constantly under a microscope.

Benning has taken risks and has given up good assets for players like Vey (23), Clendenning (22), Baertschi (22)... but Kassian, to this point, has been the most consistent NHLer of the bunch, the one most likely to be a regular NHL player, and they're ready to ship him out of town. On top of all that, he's one of the only pieces of sandpaper on a team loaded with soft players. It just seems like this management/coaching team should be putting every effort into developing and supporting this guy, not trying to ship him out of town.

You might get a 2nd rounder for Zack Kassian, but you likely won't be able to draft a Zack Kassian with a 2nd round pick.
Agreed, I don't see a reason to trade Kass, I just think they will. I'd much rather keep him and let him continue to develop - as is he's a solid 3rd line player that could develop into something better, those guys are valuable especially when they are 220 pounds.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I picked Bieksa as the dman most likely to be shipped out, but after some consideration I think I would like to change that to Hamhuis.

Bieksa is one of those "team guys" that are invaluable to an organization, he started here and I think he has earned the right to "go down with the ship" if that's what he wants to do. I could also see Juice being the more likely of the pair to stay in Vancouver after retirement and even be a part of the organization in some capacity. With one year left on both of their deals I think that Hamhuis brings the better return, and has a more workable NTC. I also think that Bieksa re-signs here for much cheaper than Hamhuis will at the end of next season.

A few teams that might be interested in parting with a prospect and/or a 2nd round pick in exchange for Hamhuis could be Colorado, Detroit, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia. All of them have the space to take on his contract, and I think all of them could use a steady vet on the blueline.

Lack + Hamhuis to the Oilers might fetch something very tempting in return, and I think there is a better chance that Hamhuis waives for Edmonton over Bieksa.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I would like to see a poll on everyone about if they think there will be any trade at all.

a top 6 forward or a top 5 d man?

My vote is no as the Aqua family is only interested in playoff revenue and selling tickets and the must think that the current core can do that for them.

So even though I picked Hamhuis and Miller I really don't expect much difference from the last game vs. the first regular season game in October.