Who's Getting Traded?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Which player do you think is most likely to be traded before the beginning of next season?

Bieksa
22%
Burrows
6%
Hamhuis
5%
Hansen
4%
Higgins
23%
Kassian
7%
Lack
20%
Miller
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 138

Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Who's Getting Traded?

Post by Boston Canucker »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Dr. Tobias Funke wrote:A 3rd is fair value for Lack, when Martin Jones goes for a first round pick in 2016?
You can't judge a moronic move by the Sharks in comparison.

That's massive overpayment for a 25 year old tender with 34 NHL games to his name.

Lets see if he can maintain anything close to his career stats playing behind the Swiss Sharks defense.
Yes, it is a massive overpayment, to be sure, makes you wonder why GMJB could not have found some sucker to at lest cough up a 2nd for Lack...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Dr. Tobias Funke wrote:A 3rd is fair value for Lack, when Martin Jones goes for a first round pick in 2016?
You can't judge a moronic move by the Sharks in comparison.

That's massive overpayment for a 25 year old tender with 34 NHL games to his name.

Lets see if he can maintain anything close to his career stats playing behind the Swiss Sharks defense.
It's probably a passive aggressive slap to the face of Benning, due to the Bieksa trade not going through.
(semi kidding)

Jones is an RFA though, compared to Lack being an UFA next season which hurt he and Talbot's value.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:Jones is an RFA though, compared to Lack being an UFA next season which hurt he and Talbot's value.
ding ding ding
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Topper wrote:
SKYO wrote:Jones is an RFA though, compared to Lack being an UFA next season which hurt he and Talbot's value.
ding ding ding
Having a RFA only means that you are not going to lose him as long as you want him. If Lack is indeed a good starter, Wilson should not mind paying big bucks to keep him. A RFA could still demand top dollars, is it not? Am I biased to think that Lack is better than Jones, at least for now?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Jovocop wrote:
Topper wrote:
ding ding ding
Having a RFA only means that you are not going to lose him as long as you want him. If Lack is indeed a good starter, Wilson should not mind paying big bucks to keep him. A RFA could still demand top dollars, is it not? Am I biased to think that Lack is better than Jones, at least for now?

He could ask for top dollar. If I understand RFA's properly, Jones has 2 seasons left until he's eligible for UFA. So the Sharks own him until the end of the 16-17 season, unless they sign him to a longer deal. So the Sharks get Jones for (at least) two years, Carolina gets Lack for one. The one positive for the Sharks is they can sign him to a one -year deal, try him out as a starter, and still have him as an RFA next summer if they want to sign him long-term. Carolina needs to make their decision on Lack real quick, or risk letting him walk or having his demands increase if he has a good start to the season.

Is that one extra season worth a 1st round pick? I'm not so sure.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
He could ask for top dollar. If I understand RFA's properly, Jones has 2 seasons left until he's eligible for UFA. So the Sharks own him until the end of the 16-17 season, unless they sign him to a longer deal. So the Sharks get Jones for (at least) two years, Carolina gets Lack for one. The one positive for the Sharks is they can sign him to a one -year deal, try him out as a starter, and still have him as an RFA next summer if they want to sign him long-term. Carolina needs to make their decision on Lack real quick, or risk letting him walk or having his demands increase if he has a good start to the season.

I guess Wilson thinks so.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote:He could ask for top dollar. If I understand RFA's properly, Jones has 2 seasons left until he's eligible for UFA. So the Sharks own him until the end of the 16-17 season, unless they sign him to a longer deal. So the Sharks get Jones for (at least) two years, Carolina gets Lack for one. The one positive for the Sharks is they can sign him to a one -year deal, try him out as a starter, and still have him as an RFA next summer if they want to sign him long-term. Carolina needs to make their decision on Lack real quick, or risk letting him walk or having his demands increase if he has a good start to the season.

Lehner was a similar situation.

Same logic as the Sbisa deal. I'm glad you are understanding these things now.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:He could ask for top dollar. If I understand RFA's properly, Jones has 2 seasons left until he's eligible for UFA. So the Sharks own him until the end of the 16-17 season, unless they sign him to a longer deal. So the Sharks get Jones for (at least) two years, Carolina gets Lack for one. The one positive for the Sharks is they can sign him to a one -year deal, try him out as a starter, and still have him as an RFA next summer if they want to sign him long-term. Carolina needs to make their decision on Lack real quick, or risk letting him walk or having his demands increase if he has a good start to the season.

Lehner was a similar situation.

Same logic as the Sbisa deal. I'm glad you are understanding these things now.
Why should we be worried about buying up Sbisa's UFA years?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Canucks trade Bieksa to Anaheim for a 2016 2nd Round pick.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Canucks trade Bieksa to Anaheim for a 2016 2nd Round pick.
This might be worth its own thread...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

If the rumours of Yzerman considering J. Drouin are true, I wonder what it would take for Benning to get him? He's in the right age range and if Benning is serious about eventually replacing the Sedins as 1st-liners this would be a reasonable move to make.

What would it take? Vrbata and McCann? Tampa is still a relatively young line-up who could use some offensive depth. Baertschi and a 2nd rounder from 2016?

Thoughts?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Drouin would be an interesting option. Though he may be better suited for the wing, as his size and strength would prohibit him from becoming a big minute centre in the West. If it doesn't cost the future, I'd say make a pitch.

I think a more pressing need is a young D-man who could develop into a 1-2 down the road. Easier said than done of course, but there very well could be a few guys out there in need of a change of scenery.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Dangerous move. Drouin is a gamble as he is struggling to make an impact in the NHL. A potential bust who may cost you a lot to acquire plus we have zero that would attract Stevie Y as they want to win NOW. Would have to be a good young player early to mid 20's. If wouldnt be a D-man like Tanev or Edler as we all know how thin we are there. You would have to bring up names like Bonino, Kassian and disposable prospect not part of the protected list like Shinkaruk.

From what I understand Horvat, Virtanen, McCann and Cassels are Benning untouchables, not to mention that he has no interest in trading proslects but I understand Shinkaruk can be had. With the playoffs Gaunce had Im assuming he is near untouchable as well. I would consider Boeser an untouchable as well.'Do not see us offering up a young D man as we are way too thin in that department

Bonino and Shinkaruk? I'm sure Y would laugh at that one and probably 95% of the other teams in the league could drum up a better package than that one
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Who knows, I mean Yzerman loves the Canucks players. aye
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:Who knows, I mean Yzerman loves the Canucks players. aye
What are you a sea captain? "Aye"? Come on Squamish Nation Gangsta kicked off the reserve and living in the ghettos of East Van

The proper Ebonic spelling is "aight"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau