Who's Getting Traded?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Which player do you think is most likely to be traded before the beginning of next season?

Bieksa
22%
Burrows
6%
Hamhuis
5%
Hansen
4%
Higgins
23%
Kassian
7%
Lack
20%
Miller
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 138

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Who's Getting Traded?

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Rayxor wrote:
Diehard1 wrote: If I'm Benning I'm shopping Bieksa around the league now, no rush to trade him for a pick as its 12 months until next year's draft. Might as well see what else you can get for him. Given the crap that Doug Wilson pulled I wouldnt be in a rush to trade him there. He will get traded soon, that's for sure, just not sure where.
The market will open up once free agency hits. Teams unable to sign a dman they wanted will be looking elsewhere. We could end up with another Dman prospect to fill a spot in the cupboard which might actually be better than having to wait 3-4 years for a 2015 2nd-3rd round pick to fill a role with the team.
I'm thinking JB should be loading up heavily on 2016 picks. Glancing over the Canucks line up as its looking right now we're going to be battling it out for a top 5 pick anyway...

And I'm good with this... We desperately need some hope for the future...

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Diehard1 wrote: If I'm Benning I'm shopping Bieksa around the league now, no rush to trade him for a pick as its 12 months until next year's draft. Might as well see what else you can get for him. Given the crap that Doug Wilson pulled I wouldnt be in a rush to trade him there. He will get traded soon, that's for sure, just not sure where.
I'm thinking JB should be loading up heavily on 2016 picks. Glancing over the Canucks line up as its looking right now we're going to be battling it out for a top 5 pick anyway...

And I'm good with this... We desperately need some hope for the future...
I bet JB/Wilson circle around back to this deal and it gets done after the first few days of mayhem subside in July.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

For what it's worth, some talking head wrote that the hold up was KB3 negotiating an extension and that he and Mrs. KB3 had already been house hunting in San Jose and KB3 's agent has been working on things for a week.

Said Kev wants $4mill per poss 3 years.

Read that into Bennings comment of doing what is right for Kevin......

Or its all BS.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
cfp
CC Veteran

Post by cfp »

Lack or Rinaldo?

Who is worth more.....

:evil:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

cfp wrote:Lack or Rinaldo?

Who is worth more.....

Neither, but they are both worth what the market will pay.

Does anyone really think he turned down a better offer? Really?
The only HW the Canucks need
cfp
CC Veteran

Post by cfp »

Hockey Widow wrote:
cfp wrote:Lack or Rinaldo?

Who is worth more.....

Neither, but they are both worth what the market will pay.

Does anyone really think he turned down a better offer? Really?
Typical woman. :look:

Benning played his cards in the media and with the glut of talent available he lost. Same with KB3. Keep quiet for a month prior to the draft and you might make out with a decent return.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

You mean he could have bluffed that Lack or Markstrom were not available and other GM's would have bought it?

Get your head out of your ass.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
cfp
CC Veteran

Post by cfp »

Topper wrote:You mean he could have bluffed that Lack or Markstrom were not available and other GM's would have bought it?

:P

Oh Tops, so going to the media helped his / our situation?

C'mon....
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

cfp wrote:
Topper wrote:You mean he could have bluffed that Lack or Markstrom were not available and other GM's would have bought it?

:P

Oh Tops, so going to the media helped his / our situation?

C'mon....
Think looooooooong term.

Right now, he's trying to establish a rep as Honest Jim Bending.

Then later see, when the stakes are higher... he lies through his teeth. :wink:

He's not a simpleton, he's a shark incognito!

A "hustler" if you will...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Kind of seems to me that the media doesn't know half the shite going on between GMs
I'm sure opposing GMs have their own sources of information and don't need to read Benning quotes in the Vancouver province to know whether our boy is dealing from strength or weakness.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ukcanuck wrote:Kind of seems to me that the media doesn't know half the shite going on between GMs
I'm sure opposing GMs have their own sources of information and don't need to read Benning quotes in the Vancouver province to know whether our boy is dealing from strength or weakness.

This.

If a GM does his due dillegence on teams he knows the contract status of their players. He knows their cap situation and their strengths and weaknesses throughout the organization. Hell, Benning keeps flow charts on every other team. It wasn't rocket science to know the Canucks had a goalie to trade. The moment Benning talks to one GM about a possible Lack trade, every other team will know it. Hell the media knew it. This isn't Benning conducting business in the press.

And Bieksa, how the hell was that shooting his mouth off. Up until draft day both he and Linden were saying they had not asked anyone on a NTC to waive. It was the press that kept speculating. Now after the fiasco with SJS he has addressed it. But by now every other team already knows that the Canucks would like to move him.

Benning hasn't shown that he has blown anything to me, yet. He got fair value for Lack and he held onto Bieksa because he felt he wasn't going to at the draft.
The only HW the Canucks need
Dr. Tobias Funke
AHL Prospect

Post by Dr. Tobias Funke »

A 3rd is fair value for Lack, when Martin Jones goes for a first round pick in 2016?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Dr. Tobias Funke wrote:A 3rd is fair value for Lack, when Martin Jones goes for a first round pick in 2016?
Pretty good value for Lucic.

Lucic ($2.75 retained) for 2015 1st, 2016 1st, Colin Miller and Sean Kuraly.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Dr. Tobias Funke wrote:A 3rd is fair value for Lack, when Martin Jones goes for a first round pick in 2016?
You can't judge a moronic move by the Sharks in comparison.

That's massive overpayment for a 25 year old tender with 34 NHL games to his name.

Lets see if he can maintain anything close to his career stats playing behind the Swiss Sharks defense.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Aaronp18 wrote:
You can't judge a moronic move by the Sharks in comparison.

That's massive overpayment for a 25 year old tender with 34 NHL games to his name.

Lets see if he can maintain anything close to his career stats playing behind the Swiss Sharks defense.
No Kidding. Especially considering the Sharks probably could have had Lack and Bieksa for that 2016 1st rounder.