Who's Getting Traded?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Which player do you think is most likely to be traded before the beginning of next season?

Bieksa
22%
Burrows
6%
Hamhuis
5%
Hansen
4%
Higgins
23%
Kassian
7%
Lack
20%
Miller
7%
Other
5%

Total votes: 138

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Who's Getting Traded?

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
Don Maloney also stated that it would take "your first born" to land that 3rd overall pick.....he is hardly letting it go for cheap.
UK, Diehard and Canuck One disagree with Don Maloney. They think its ridiculous that he would want your first born like a Virtanen or a Horvat for the 3rd overall pick and think that tossing him a package of 30 something Over The Hill Gang like Burrows. Bieksa, Higgins and Hamhius should gitterdun. Maloney is an idiot if he don't take a package of old men.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

They would fit in nicely with the rest of the snowbirds wintering in Arizona.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Don Maloney also stated that it would take "your first born" to land that 3rd overall pick.....he is hardly letting it go for cheap.
UK, Diehard and Canuck One disagree with Don Maloney. They think its ridiculous that he would want your first born like a Virtanen or a Horvat for the 3rd overall pick and think that tossing him a package of 30 something Over The Hill Gang like Burrows. Bieksa, Higgins and Hamhius should gitterdun. Maloney is an idiot if he don't take a package of old men.
Don't be putting words in my mouth - at no point did I say we should trade old guys for the 3rd overall pick. In fact I said I don't think we should be trading up at all, but you can read it however you want to.

I know you like shiny and new players but your strategy is flawed - no reason to trade a recent high 1st plus another low 1st for a slightly higher 1st is there? Where's the guarantee this 3rd overall pick will be better than Horvat or Virtanen? You're also a year or two behind in development - it just makes no sense other than making the draft a bit more exciting.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Well Benning flat out said he isn't gonna give up Horvat or overpay for that 3rd overall pick...

Happy with 23rd overall, and one of our goalies will get us a decent pick.

OK Bieksa time to think of moving on with your life in a new city, (smoke there's fire) one way or another your outta here, #OutWithTheOldInWithTheNew seems to be the new mantra around here.

PLUS! we need the cap space.........badly.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cody Hodgson might be bought out...

How much you wanna bet that CoHo will rebound with a different team, hell even with the Canucks.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Diehard1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Don't be putting words in my mouth - at no point did I say we should trade old guys for the 3rd overall pick. In fact I said I don't think we should be trading up at all, but you can read it however you want to.

I know you like shiny and new players but your strategy is flawed - no reason to trade a recent high 1st plus another low 1st for a slightly higher 1st is there? Where's the guarantee this 3rd overall pick will be better than Horvat or Virtanen? You're also a year or two behind in development - it just makes no sense other than making the draft a bit more exciting.
Diehard I believe we are not talking the same thing here. I did not say that I want to see us trade a Virtanene or a Horvat for the 3rd overall pick, far from it. All I'm saying is from Don Maloneys stand point - if the likes of Horvat and Virtanen are not in the conversation don't bother calling me. Coming up with shitty packages involving old men and tier 2 prospects and late first round picks for the 3rd overall pick is just Classic homerism arm chair trading. If the Canucks want to dance with Maloney they are going to have to offer up so thing that we won't want to give up. That's a given. We had to give up one of the best young goalies in the game for the 9th overall pick. I'm sorry but a package of 30 something old men, tier 2 prospects and a late first round will not get you a 3rd overall pick, LOL. Far from it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Put it this way, what do we feel the value is for guys like Higgins, Burrows, Bieksa and maybe Hamhuis?

Higgins: 3rd rounder?
Burrows: 2nd rounder?
Bieksa: 2nd rounder?
Hamhuis: low (20's) 1st?

Add a middle prospect to any of those as you wish, but the picks are likely the main pieces coming back.

Which GM is going to trade a lottery pick (top-3) for 23rd overall, a couple second rounders, and a third? Or even 23rd and say 26th, and a couple second rounders? Would we be happy, if we had the 3rd overall pick, with that kind of return? Classic quantity for quality, however you slice it.

Nope, Benning's plan remains to stock the cupboard. That's fine by my, if he can turn those guys above (or some prospects he doesn't see fitting in here) into more prospects, the better off we'll be in the long-run. I still believe that we're not about to bottom out yet, and having a deep group of prospects will be key to rebounding quickly with whatever lottery-pick calibre player (or players) we wind up drafting when this team does hit rock bottom, say around the 2017/2018 drafts.

Like really, apart from the Horvat deal, the last top-10 picks to move were for Bobby Ryan, Jeff Carter, Phil Kessel, Jordan Staal etc. etc. The notion that guys like Burrows(age), Higgins (role), Bieksa (age/rental) and even Hamhuis (rental) can be parlayed into top-10 (forget top-5) picks is laughable. Maybe if we were sitting at 8th or 9th overall, Hamhuis+that pick could get you into that top-5 conversation. 23rd is just too far down the line.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Yep you're right RD, Maloney will take the pick and develop him. Hey in 2 or 3 years he may have an NHL quality player. Then again, I doubt it will matter to Maloney or Arizona as they will both be gone. Arizona to who knows where and Maloney off to obscurity with GMMG. Hey everyone loves a winner and when/if that pick pans out the next GM will be glad Maloney didn't make the deal.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Canuck-One wrote:Yep you're right RD, Maloney will take the pick and develop him. Hey in 2 or 3 years he may have an NHL quality player. Then again, I doubt it will matter to Maloney or Arizona as they will both be gone. Arizona to who knows where and Maloney off to obscurity with GMMG. Hey everyone loves a winner and when/if that pick pans out the next GM will be glad Maloney didn't make the deal.
I'm sure Maloney will want to work again in the NHL. Doing a trade of such magnificent stupidity would probably put that goal at risk.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:
Diehard1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Mëds wrote:

Diehard I believe we are not talking the same thing here. I did not say that I want to see us trade a Virtanene or a Horvat for the 3rd overall pick, far from it. All I'm saying is from Don Maloneys stand point - if the likes of Horvat and Virtanen are not in the conversation don't bother calling me. Coming up with shitty packages involving old men and tier 2 prospects and late first round picks for the 3rd overall pick is just Classic homerism arm chair trading. If the Canucks want to dance with Maloney they are going to have to offer up so thing that we won't want to give up. That's a given. We had to give up one of the best young goalies in the game for the 9th overall pick. I'm sorry but a package of 30 something old men, tier 2 prospects and a late first round will not get you a 3rd overall pick, LOL. Far from it
Yep - if that's what you meant I agree - no chance we are getting that pick and I'm fine with that.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Looks like Lack would be well received by the Oiler fans; question is if whether JB can get an early second or a late second for him?

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2015/0 ... he-should/
cc oldtimer
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

nuckster wrote:Looks like Lack would be well received by the Oiler fans; question is if whether JB can get an early second or a late second for him?

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2015/0 ... he-should/
16th overall!
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Looks like Miller won't be going anywhere according to Friedman. I still think everything is pointing to a Lack trade, not what I would do but it's what I think will happen.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Lack gone, Bieksa gone and Burrows outta here, with those guys guys gone, Miller MIGHT consider a trade outta here, so Lack stays.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:Lack gone, Bieksa gone and Burrows outta here, with those guys guys gone, Miller MIGHT consider a trade outta here, so Lack stays.
But you just said Lack is gone.....

Miller will only want out if it's a trade to Anaheim, San Jose, or LA. He might consider Arizona though too, however I can't see them wanting to take on Miller's salary unless it means dumping Smith's. The Ducks and Sharks might have interest, but it is unlikely that they will offer anything of interest in return. I would take San Jose's 1st round pick and run though, if it were offered..... :P