WD and developing prospects

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: WD and developing prospects

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote:COPD - Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease

No - why should I be checked out for this?
I think he was pointing to your comment regarding "long-winded" AND "one-line comments".

Probably trying to draw a correlation between the prolonged expiratory phase of a COPD'er and their short sentence speaking due to inability to breathe.

It was a bit of a stretch though, as COPD'ers are almost never long-winded in communicating.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nobody is asking them to blow it up. You are obviously going to keep the Sedins, Vrbata,
Hamhius and even Burrows and Bieksa. You need veteren presence for the rooks but if we bow out in the first round there is no way you go into next season with all these middling, Tweener veterans. You give a couple of those jobs to rookies and start the rebuild now yet maintaining a winning atmosphere. This group is maxed out. Willie has gotten the best out of them, time to move on. The city is not interested in the story remaining the same. The empty seats will keep growing.

Would not be surprised to see Benning trading our 1st to a team that has a couple of seconds. Canucks unfortunately took themselves out of that drop off in talent at around the 20th pick. Need to stock pile. The only vets we could 2nd round picks for are Lack, Hansen and Markstrom unless we are trading Kassian too. No way we can get a 1st round pick for any of those. Higgins is not getting you a 2nd round pick and I'd be shocked if we could get 2nds for fading fast vets in Burrows and Bieksa if they were to waive.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:COPD - Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease

No - why should I be checked out for this?
I think he was pointing to your comment regarding "long-winded" AND "one-line comments".

Probably trying to draw a correlation between the prolonged expiratory phase of a COPD'er and their short sentence speaking due to inability to breathe.

It was a bit of a stretch though, as COPD'ers are almost never long-winded in communicating.
Thanks - actually I had to Google that anyways but I was worried about having some fatal disease or maybe worse a learning disorder.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

If you are out of breath reading one liners you have problems.

TLDR
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:If you are out of breath reading one liners you have problems.

TLDR
TLDR - too long didn't read.

Am I so old that I have to look up these acronyms?