Round One 2015 Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Round One 2015 Playoffs

Post by Hockey Widow »

I feel better seeing that, counting our game, 5 of the matches so far have seen the visitor win. Not counting the Anaheim Winnipeg game which is tied 2-2 mid third. Misery loves company.
The only HW the Canucks need
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hockey Widow wrote:I feel better seeing that, counting our game, 5 of the matches so far have seen the visitor win. Not counting the Anaheim Winnipeg game which is tied 2-2 mid third. Misery loves company.
Basically - especially for the Canucks there is no advantage in home ice.. Their road record was either the same or better than their home games.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

..and for a playoff-inexperienced team like the Flames, starting on the road is ideal.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Puck wrote:..and for a playoff-inexperienced team like the Flames, starting on the road is ideal.
They have nothing to lose or proove. We have everything. If we don't make the second round we are basically the Maple Laughs West ('Hi' Dock! :mrgreen: ) and draft 23rd and face years of mediocrity.

The pressure is all on us...and the reason I started drinking @ noon today :drunk:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Arachnid wrote:
Puck wrote:..and for a playoff-inexperienced team like the Flames, starting on the road is ideal.
They have nothing to lose or proove. We have everything. If we don't make the second round we are basically the Maple Laughs West ('Hi' Dock! :mrgreen: ) and draft 23rd and face years of mediocrity.

The pressure is all on us...and the reason I started drinking @ noon today :drunk:
Disagree about our years of mediocrity. We got too much in the pipeline right now and management seems to know what they are doing. Go back to October of last year and most of us would have been pleased and surprised :shock: by where we are right now.

It is hard to look at the bigger picture when feelings as so passionate about our team but I think we are looking good and will look a lot better next year. I am not talking about the President's trophy but a team that is built for the playoffs.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

damonberryman wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Disagree about our years of mediocrity. We got too much in the pipeline right now and management seems to know what they are doing. Go back to October of last year and most of us would have been pleased and surprised :shock: by where we are right now.

It is hard to look at the bigger picture when feelings as so passionate about our team but I think we are looking good and will look a lot better next year. I am not talking about the President's trophy but a team that is built for the playoffs.
Is Josh Holden still in our pipeline?! :crazy:

You are wearing rose coloured glasses...the prospects are just that...pipe dreams...

We are where we are because we have a great coach, not because of talent...we are old and crusty and we need to reboot #byebyeKB3andFarhan(again) :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think Ottawa is just out of gas. Can't see them coming back down 2-0. They looked tired out there.

Same for Islanders, they looked tired the last half their game. Halak certainly has not been the Halak we saw first half the season. And what's up with Washington not starting Holtby? But they won.

Nashville just holding on in the third with Weber out with an injury. Chicago looking good, Kane looking healed, Sharp looks good too. But now Hawks take a stupid penalty. Preds need to capitalize.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Nashville has blown it open, 5-2, with five minutes left. Crawford back in tonight and I wonder if that's it for him come game three?

Edit: 6-2.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:Nashville has blown it open, 5-2, with five minutes left. Crawford back in tonight and I wonder if that's it for him come game three?

Edit: 6-2.
Gotta think Crawford is done for this series. Can't imagine the Hawks winning the cup on Darling's back.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Crawford looking VERY average through 2 games.

I never thought he was a good goaltender, just playing behind an incredible team. Still, I took him in my pool because I figured Chicago would go deep and he'd get some wins. Fucking Crawford.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Can you imagine the amount of sweat pants in play for a Jets/Flames series?

Off the charts.

I can't tell the difference, can you tell the difference....
I know who the picture represents. it is Ferland the f..k's Mom and her brother (also known as Daddy to Ferland the F..k.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Nice to see Chicago's goaltending implode after what they did to Lalongo all those years ago (Twice!).
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Kesler imploding this game.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya he is running around trying to atone for the Winnipeg goal. But when he is playing like that he can steal a game.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Hockey Widow wrote:I think Ottawa is just out of gas. Can't see them coming back down 2-0. They looked tired out there.\
Stone does not look the same after the chop by P.K.
He should have gotten a game or two :evil: