Official 2015 Canucks-Flames Playoff Matchup

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Official 2015 Canucks-Flames Playoff Matchup

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
rats19 wrote:a must win in Calgary.... Then who knows...
really

wow Rats, such insight for a 3-2 series lead for Calgary
Yah, I knew that would be brought up...don't focus on that as much as the rookie/ mistakes part...ummkay?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

rats19 wrote:
Topper wrote:
rats19 wrote:a must win in Calgary.... Then who knows...
really

wow Rats, such insight for a 3-2 series lead for Calgary
Yah, I knew that would be brought up...don't focus on that as much as the rookie/ mistakes part...ummkay?
Hey - ya got caught up in the moment - it's all good, man. :thumbs:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Now I'm not REALLY superstitious ...... ok maybe a little.

One thing I know not to do is piss off the hockey gods, if history has shown us anything.

The Flamers seem to be flirting with both:

From Backlund's "There is no way we’re losing at home!" to Bollig's "accidental" beard trimming. :eh:

Seem like these kids are pretty ripe for the taking!! This thing ain't over, that's for damn sure.

:drink: :thumbs:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

ESQ wrote:Welp, I'm glad we didn't trade Miller.

IMESHO, though supported by Hrudey, I don't think Lack wins that game.

I do feel that Lack still has some upside, unlike Schneider who I think had hit his panic-attacking ceiling by the time he got traded out. And I wonder if anyone here would still want a do-over of the Schneider trade?
As much as I like Lack I agree, Miller seemed to be more in control in the net and relaxed and I was not as worried about a weak goal.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote:
ESQ wrote:Welp, I'm glad we didn't trade Miller.

IMESHO, though supported by Hrudey, I don't think Lack wins that game.

I do feel that Lack still has some upside, unlike Schneider who I think had hit his panic-attacking ceiling by the time he got traded out. And I wonder if anyone here would still want a do-over of the Schneider trade?
As much as I like Lack I agree, Miller seemed to be more in control in the net and relaxed and I was not as worried about a weak goal.
The only think that made a bit nervous about Miller's game was his puck handling.....you can definitely see he's a bit out of sync with hid defensemen. In the crease though, more calm for sure.
cucumber
AHL Prospect

Post by cucumber »

I know kassian has his pros and cons but I really do feel his presence, hits and standing in front of the net would really benefit the team. I also think the idea of a balance scoring lineup would be much better off with hansen back in the bottom6 and kassian playing with the twins. I still haven't heard why he isn't playing. perhaps I missed his update in the past week due to focusing on playoff hockey. :P
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I heard bulging disc will need surgery..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:The only think that made a bit nervous about Miller's game was his puck handling.....you can definitely see he's a bit out of sync with hid defensemen. In the crease though, more calm for sure.
Apart from that one mishap with Hamhuis that led to a turnover and some scrambling back to the net, I though Miller had a real calming influence with his puck handling, and even helped the breakout to some extent.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

rats19 wrote:If we can win tomorrow... The kids who didn't know they should get beat. Will likely make rookie inexperienced mistakes in a crucial game 7....advantage canucks, so a must win in Calgary.... Then who knows...
Agreed.

I don't think we'll win, but if we do then I think we'll take the series in 7. We have to come out in game 6 the same way we played the third period of game 5. We can't sit back and hope to weather a storm, we have to counter attack and pot one in. Going down in the first period would be disastrous.