TSN Team 1040

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

TSN Team 1040

Post by griz »

For weeks now TSN Team 1040's online radio stream has been down.

"We're sorry, this On-demand content is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few minutes."

This is unprofessional and unacceptable. I called their office weeks ago and left a message reporting the problem but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I enjoy listening to games because I can do other things while I listen to the game. I'm a busy guy.

I imagine they market 'online listeners' to their advertisers, so I would think the advertisers might be a little upset at loosing some of their exposure as a result of this. Maybe there is an agenda to have people miss their hockey, panic and subscribe to cable/satellite/video solutions?

I've been seeking out the online radio streams of the Canuck's opponent cities. Most of the time I've been able to listen in and it's been an interesting experience. The ads are quite different from what we're used to. In LA it was all about Smokey the Bear and family issues. In St Louis is was military and Monsanto commercials.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: TSN Team 1040

Post by Strangelove »

I think that's the message you get when you don't sit through their 30 commercial.

Have you been trying to skip that?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

griz wrote:
I've been seeking out the online radio streams of the Canuck's opponent cities. Most of the time I've been able to listen in and it's been an interesting experience. The ads are quite different from what we're used to. In LA it was all about Smokey the Bear and family issues. In St Louis is was military and Monsanto commercials.
Welcome to my world, I have Satt radio when I'm out of town, so I get the away feed.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Had the same problem when I was in Thailand..
the answer was getting the feed from CFAX 1070 ( Victoria station )
Same feed but no problems
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Use an app like TuneIn Radio.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
griz wrote:
Welcome to my world, I have Satt radio when I'm out of town, so I get the away feed.
What is wrong with that. Are ref's biased the wrong way?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

teamradioout.png
teamradioout.png (133.93 KiB) Viewed 5750 times
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

ClamRussel wrote:Use an app like TuneIn Radio.
Yeah I use Simple radio App to listen to 1040 out here in the prairies. It works well.

NHL wanted like $15 or something to listen to the games through their app. Laughable.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Can somebody pass on a message to Bob the Moj and Farhan Lalji for me. It's regarding the CFL - "Nobody Cares"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

RoyalDude wrote:Can somebody pass on a message to Bob the Moj and Farhan Lalji for me. It's regarding the CFL - "Nobody Cares"
LOL.

No kidding.

Reality is the only option is to stop listening for 3 months because there will be nothing else to talk about aside from daily ranting about Canucks which is already long played out.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Can somebody pass on a message to Bob the Moj and Farhan Lalji for me. It's regarding the CFL - "Nobody Cares"

Really. So I guess the 20-30,000 people that go to the games don't care?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I care you asshole

If you don't like the CFl

Fuck off

Why do you want to deny me my enjoyment ?

The world is big enough for women's soccer, it's big enough for the CFL

And it's even big enough for you

Live and let live
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

At least the CFL actually has runbacks on their kick-offs. There's nothing more exciting than the NFL after a touchdown. 1. Break for commercial. 2 kick-off through the end-zone 3 break for commercial. 4 finally get some action. Pretty much wasted 6 minutes of TV. It's called pussy football.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It's a dying league supported only by an older generation. The younger up and coming sporting fans don't care, they are all canucks and whitecaps,'the stats don't lie.

When your biggest major Canadian market - Toronto don't give a shit about the CFL it will only last as long as the older crowd is alive cause they ain't getting new fans like they used to. The 3 major cities of Canada - Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. Their young sports fan citizens are flocking to the MLS in the summer NHL off season, it's a fact, they recently ran the numbers on 1040 which made the Moj livid, LOL, it was pretty hilarious.

The CFL will only survive in the prairies, move to the prairies if you don't like it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:It's a dying league supported only by an older generation. The younger up and coming sporting fans don't care, they are all canucks and whitecaps,'the stats don't lie.

When your biggest major Canadian market - Toronto don't give a shit about the CFL it will only last as long as the older crowd is alive cause they ain't getting new fans like they used to. The 3 major cities of Canada - Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. Their young sports fan citizens are flocking to the MLS in the summer NHL off season, it's a fact, they recently ran the numbers on 1040 which made the Moj livid, LOL, it was pretty hilarious.

The CFL will only survive in the prairies, move to the prairies if you don't like it
Dude there are sports fans who will watch any game and appreciate it for what it is
And then are people like you

Sycophantic morons

Do you realize that there are people who view hockey in the same way you view Canadian football ?

You're position and understanding of football is supremely limited and you hang on to the words and opinions of American sports media

You're basically a wanna be American
If you don't like the CFL
Move south.

Plenty of morons down there to keep you company.