TSN Team 1040

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: TSN Team 1040

Post by Cornuck »

Puck wrote:...ask somebody from Cornuck's area about the relevance of hockey. I think we're diminishing just about every sport there is, if we start talking relevance.
Unless it is Red and has an N on it - it's not relevant.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well right now if you hurry you can catch FIFA 2015 World Beach Soccer! I never knew there was such a thing but TSN has it covered.
The only HW the Canucks need
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Puck wrote:Actually, I was suggesting it's 'just different' as the argument from BOTH sides. The CFL guys love the runbacks on special teams, the NFL guys complain about the dimensions, etc.
I wasn't directing my comment at you. Just a general comment about people saying "it's different" because it's one I've heard a lot before.

Yep I don't pretend that the NHL is a big draw in the United States, particularly in most states. It's definitely not in the same league as NFL, MLB or NBA in the US. Having said that though it's obviously bigger than the CFL.

Puck wrote:On a similar note, rockalt, how was England's Women's World Cup accomplishment viewed? Was there decent coverage? Any excitement?
Nope. To be fair I don't have live TV anymore but I'm pretty sure people have been more fixated on Wimbledon. I brought up the World Cup to a few colleagues, especially after England beat Canada but they didn't even know it was on. Small sample size but I don't think it generated too much excitement here.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The CFL is a bush league . It's basically at a beer league level compared to the NFL . The football is bad enough but the ongoing fiascos and stupid rules don't do a damn thing to improve the image of the league .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Lions in the 70's were awesome!

Boo Birds feasting on QBs like Jerry Tagge and Paul Brothers.

Guaranteed every game: 10 "Give the ball to leroy"s + 5 drunken fistfights!

G U A R A N T E E D

I knew Vancouver fans were going to boo the Canadian players at the Summit Series.

Because hey, that's what Vancouver fans did in the 70s!

(they didn't boo the Canucks because "new team grace period")

Tens of thousands of fans buying tickets just so they could get drunk and boo! :lol:

Lions fans in those days were known for booing the starting QB right off the field

... and then cheering wildly when the backup came in.

Only to turn on said backup when he eventually became the starter. :?

Kinda like what Dude was talking about last night Re: starter/backup Canuck goalies.

Ah yes, there is a large subset of "special" Vancouver fans.

I can hardly wait until they begin booing Miller relentlessly

... and start with the "Fire Benning" chants.

Wet Coast Bedwetters!! Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Sounds like it was a barn burner at BC place tonight
35-32 comeback OT win.

If you're a football fan you got your money's worth.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The CFL is a bush league . It's basically at a beer league level compared to the NFL . The football is bad enough but the ongoing fiascos and stupid rules don't do a damn thing to improve the image of the league .
Just like your a bush league hockey fan poster.

CFL game to fast for you blob?
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The CFL is a bush league . It's basically at a beer league level compared to the NFL . The football is bad enough but the ongoing fiascos and stupid rules don't do a damn thing to improve the image of the league .

Tonights game is a classic example of why you are blowing smoke out your ass. You probably didn't watch it, but if you did you would have seen why the CFL is so popular with real football fans. Classic last play comeback and winning in overtime by the Lions.

The same game in the NFL would have been an 11 point win for Sask. simply because the NFL lets leading teams run out the clock with as many much as 1:30 left in the game. There's nothing more exciting as watching said team go down on one knee three times to run out the clock . Oh yes there also was a lot of kick-off run backs in this game, not like the NFL's pussy-play kick through the end-zone and touch-back on the 20.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Not sure how this turned into a CFL vs NFL debate, I just was merely pointing out the shifting 18-34 demographic in the local sports market and how the Whitecaps will own the no. 2 spot in this market. You can't stop a moving train with that much momentum. The CFL is dying in the 3 major Canadian markets cause of summer sport competition from the MSL

The Canadian Football Legue will eventually be called the Prairie Football League.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Not sure how this turned into a CFL vs NFL debate, I just was merely pointing out the shifting 18-34 demographic in the local sports market and how the Whitecaps will own the no. 2 spot in this market. You can't stop a moving train with that much momentum. The CFL is dying in the 3 major Canadian markets cause of summer sport competition from the MSL

The Canadian Football Legue will eventually be called the Prairie Football League.
^ wrong. The CFL will be in Vancouver long after you and I are 6 ft under.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Back on topic

1040 morning show still sucks with Goofus Jake and Pratt

TSN sucks only Laughs balls, that site is getting worse and worse all the time.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Does team 1040 have a weird man crush on Eddie Lack? This is the 2nd time in about a week they have had him on the show.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Team 1040's poll question this morning - "should the Canucks sign Eddie Lack next summer?" LMAO

I think team 1040 Vancouver needs grief counselling with the loss of Lack
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

He was a good local twat.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:Team 1040's poll question this morning - "should the Canucks sign Eddie Lack next summer?" LMAO

I think team 1040 Vancouver needs grief counselling with the loss of Lack
If Markstrom shits the bed they just might. Then Benning will be a genius, getting two picks for a one season rental that came home.
The only HW the Canucks need