Canucks add Sven Baertschi from the Flames for 2nd rounder

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Canucks add Sven Baertschi from the Flames for 2nd round

Post by Jovocop »

Both Conacher and Baertschi earned their first point as Comets. Pedan could be a decent pickup for the Canucks.
Utica Comets ‏@UticaComets
Sanguinetti with the power-play goal. Baertschi and Grenier with the assists. #Comets lead 2-0. #RCHvsUTI

Pedan tallies the first goal of the night with help from Friesen and Conacher. #Comets lead 1-0. #RCHvsUTI
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Jovocop wrote:Both Conacher and Baertschi earned their first point as Comets. Pedan could be a decent pickup for the Canucks.
Sanguinetti with the power-play goal. Baertschi and Grenier with the assists. #Comets lead 2-0. #RCHvsUTI

Pedan tallies the first goal of the night with help from Friesen and Conacher. #Comets lead 1-0. #RCHvsUTI
Pedan.. 21 yr old russian 215 lbs 6'4+ .. Tough SOB .. an Asshole for Doc :) a fighter and takes a few too many dumb penalties but great potential.. Maybe a couple years from now ?
Baertschi .. a good pick up .. Love to see him score against the flames . has the skill set to move into the big club next year. Maybe get a look at him this year ?
Conacher.. a bit too small for NHL and has health problems - a long shot to make the NHL
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

^^^^^

Conacher......a long shot to make the NHL...AGAIN. He has been to the show with a few teams, just can't stick.
The only HW the Canucks need
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

I dont often read Matt Henderson blog over at Hockey Buzz, however, I did read todays blog "An Unintended Consequence" and couldn't help but think that it has Sven written all over it. Worth a read to appreciate the potential impact of a coaching change on a player, especially for those still developing.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

lostinarink wrote:I dont often read Matt Henderson blog over at Hockey Buzz, however, I did read todays blog "An Unintended Consequence" and couldn't help but think that it has Sven written all over it. Worth a read to appreciate the potential impact of a coaching change on a player, especially for those still developing.

Good read. Last year we saw Kassian begin to show signs that he had turned his game around. Given Torts took him off the top line, he did however show a lot more trust in him. One could argue he is a Torts type of player and Torts is the type of coach Kassian can play for. Then we see the deterioration when WD takes over.

So ya, let's hope reuniting with Green is a huge boost to Sven and he gets to realize his potential.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I don't get what is so bad about what he saying. This is the shit you get with the Internet and everyone trying to read into what a person says.

He said he is excited and he is not being developed as a 4th line grinder.

He has offensive talent which is why the Nucks gave up a 2nd for him and he is not a grinder.

Christ just because a player does not say I'm just glad to be here and he will do what ever he is asked he is roasted for it. Time will tell what type of player he is but I also like his comments about sticking it to the Flames.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Unfortunately we have seen that all too often. A player that has to be top six or bust. Sounds like that is the type of player he will be. If he is given half the chance Vey has been given I expect good things. But unless he can learn the defensive side he won't get much further here than he did in Calgary, unless he puts up Kessel type numbers :mrgreen:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Unfortunately we have seen that all too often. A player that has to be top six or bust. Sounds like that is the type of player he will be. If he is given half the chance Vey has been given I expect good things. But unless he can learn the defensive side he won't get much further here than he did in Calgary, unless he puts up Kessel type numbers :mrgreen:
DING DING DING... WE HAVE A WINNER

How many times have I said that young players need to work their way up through the lineup learning the defensive game.

The other day I noted Vancouver has two players in their lineup that can not hold their own defensively, Vey and Kassian.

I thought most of you would have enough egg on your faces from the Coho coddling pump and dump.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Unfortunately we have seen that all too often. A player that has to be top six or bust. Sounds like that is the type of player he will be. If he is given half the chance Vey has been given I expect good things. But unless he can learn the defensive side he won't get much further here than he did in Calgary, unless he puts up Kessel type numbers :mrgreen:
DING DING DING... WE HAVE A WINNER

How many times have I said that young players need to work their way up through the lineup learning the defensive game.

The other day I noted Vancouver has two players in their lineup that can not hold their own defensively, Vey and Kassian.

I thought most of you would have enough egg on your faces from the Coho coddling pump and dump.
I agree with you but he doesn't have to sound like a cream puff when he does interviews.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Stinkin cream puffs best be real productive, or hit the road.

Don't need no prima donnas either. We had our share.

The jury is out on Baertschi.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Not real impressed Bartsee
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:Not real impressed Bartsee
Assuming you wrote this prior to last night's game? I like his game, lots of skill and speed, really slick hands. Still could use a bit more size and strength but that will improve somewhat. He will always be a medium sized forward though as his frame just isn't massive.

Given prospects like Virtanen, Gaunce, Cassels and guys already on the team in Horvat, Kenins and Kassian (if he isn't traded this offseason) a guy like Baertschi was needed. Shinkaruk and maybe McCann were the only pure skill guys in the organization, though I would put McCann more in the two way O'Reilly type player category - and yes, I like him almost as much as O'Reilly. Baertschi will almost certainly be on the team next year and we will see how he does then.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

With luck Sven may develop into a Mason Raymond but he'll need to improve defensively.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I was thinking more of a Tomas Plekanec type, seems to have patience in tight....or is it just against the quality of the opposition last night :wow:
If you need air...call it in