Canuck Prospects @ World Juniors

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Canuck Prospects @ World Juniors

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Great to see Demko, Cole Cassels and Virtanen make their respective clubs. Demko looks like he claimed the #1 job with the USA and was one of the star players vs Team Canada.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck Prospects @ World Juniors

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Great to see Demko, Cole Cassels and Virtanen make their respective clubs. Demko looks like he claimed the #1 job with the USA and was one of the star players vs Team Canada.
What team did Cole Cassels make? :eh:

Virtanen and Demko both look promising. Demko especially sharp between the pipes for the US. He needs to learn to hold onto his stick though. :P

Virtanen is just a firecracker. Him and Bo are the stuff of future leaders for this team (as it stands now).
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Yah I thought that about Cassels too..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

He was the last late cut to the USA squad. Was looking promising until the last minute.

Demko looked very strong today against Canada. Haven't seen yet if he he a good puck handler. Tough for me to cheer against him but such is life!

Forsling looks to have some good offensive upside. A Salo type shot already at his age. Needs to work on his defensive game but that will come.

Virtanen plays with piss and vinegar in his game. Has some speed and can pass. McDavid is slowing him down :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mëds wrote: What team did Cole Cassels make? :eh:
Hockey Widow wrote:He was the last late cut to the USA squad. Was looking promising until the last minute.
Damn, k. If anything, I thought Cassels would be a shoe in for the team cuz he was playing really for his junior club and Demko would be on the bubble (either 3rd goalie or backup).

Oh well, go go Team Canada! Go go Jake the Snake! :P
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cassels plays a real gritty two way game. The kid is real nasty piece of business when he plays apparently, tough as nails. Hey Andrew, are you sure this is your kid? Although apparently Andrew and Cole share the same great play making vision and passing. Cole might have a better nose for scoring from what I understand

The Americans are stacked down the middle plus Cole is a bit of an outsider, new to the group as Cole was bouncing between hockey Canada and Hockey USA growing up. In fact I understand he was groomed in Hockey Canada but he holds a dual citizenship

Next years draft - 2016 we will see 2 Canadians in the top 10 who have dual citizenship cause of their NHL dads - Jeff Browns kid - Logan and Jeff Chychruns kid - Jakob. Thankfully they are choosing to represent Canada otherwise it would be a very weak draft for Canadians. Chychrun is challenging Matthews and Puliarvi for 1st overall. Keith Tkachuks kid is expected to go top 20 in 2016. His Mom is a Canadian from Winnipeg, can Hockey Canada nab him? LOL
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Jeff Brown's kid? Or Kirk's?

8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No , Brown was pounding Leslie McClean . McClean then sewered his career .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:No , Brown was pounding Leslie McClean . McClean then sewered his career .
Ahhhh, I don't know about this.

Aaron, what have you heard?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

BladesofSteel wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:No , Brown was pounding Leslie McClean . McClean then sewered his career .
Ahhhh, I don't know about this.

Aaron, what have you heard?
Blob pretty much said it all. It was a long time ago now. Rumour was Jeff Brown was cheating with Kirk McLean's wife. Pat Quinn just got rid of Brownie right away and didn't even bother to try to get anything in return (think it was jim dowd and/or something). McLean was never the same after that; one could say he was never the same after the 94 run though.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Kirks ex was apparently a piece of work. Kirk followed it up by shagging Bruce Allen's wife.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

3-3 Finland/Sweden with under 2 minutes to go in the second. Forsling with 1G and 1A.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Thatcher played a good game for the USA but not good enough as the USA defence was exposed today.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote:3-3 Finland/Sweden with under 2 minutes to go in the second. Forsling with 1G and 1A.
Forsling has impressed. He has to be our 2nd best prospect on D after this tournament.
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:3-3 Finland/Sweden with under 2 minutes to go in the second. Forsling with 1G and 1A.
Forsling has impressed. He has to be our 2nd best prospect on D after this tournament.

Who is our first?

In five games, including today, he has 3G and 5A for 8 points. That puts him in top five territory thus far this tournament. Canada plays its 5th game tonight so that may change a bit but he should still be in top ten territory after today.