Canucks at the Half Way Point

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Canucks at the Half Way Point

Post by Arachnid »

SKYO wrote:
ESQ wrote: This has undeniably and fortuitously been the Year of the Rookie. Vey tied for 10th, Horvat at 17th, and Kenins at 34th amongst NHL rookies. By comparison, Hodgson is the only Canuck rookie in the past decade to crack 30 points, King, Hansen, and Raymond hit 21 points. The Canucks have only had 6 players in 10 years crack the top 40 rookies.
Wow way to put things in perspective, and LoL jesus Jason King seems like eons ago hahaha, shows how crappy this team was in developing/drafting prospects, what a complete turn around the past couple years especially the about face when JB arrived, its all about drafting and developing properly now, something this team hasn't done well in it's entire existence pretty much sans the beginning of the Kesler/Edler/Sedins 5 year era.

I also like JB bringing in the young guys who have put in their dues in the AHL and are ready to play NHL minutes asap.

Team has been given a vote of cofidence by the mighty JB so hopefully they put in some good games down the stretch and squeak into the playoffs, and as everyone knows anything can happen in the playoffs, especially if you get your goalie playing hot just in time.
That's 6 this season (although Jensen never saw any action). Perhaps even a couple of more will be added. When the last time we did that?
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

SKYO wrote: Wow way to put things in perspective, and LoL jesus Jason King seems like eons ago hahaha
I know, I was shocked when King came up! But for 10 seasons I had to go back to 03/04, and there he was.
Mëds wrote: This is the time of year that LA comes on strong. Our upcoming schedule is not easy, I could very easily see this team barely playing .500 for the month of March.
LA remains a huge question mark to me. They seemed to have started their late-season run a couple of weeks ago, but have now dropped 3 in a row after winning 7 in a row. Hopefully they end up in a dogfight with San Jose, who I seem to recall surging into a playoff spot late in the season several times, and could do so again. Unfortunately SJS only has the last game of the season against LA, and no more games against Calgary.

But once again, LA is fluking out with virtually no injuries. I've never thought they are a very good team, but they've always managed to be healthy in the playoffs, which is everything (as Canuck fans know all too well). Even playing healthy they're at best going to squeak in, and I won't be at all surprised if they miss it entirely.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote:
Mëds wrote: This is the time of year that LA comes on strong. Our upcoming schedule is not easy, I could very easily see this team barely playing .500 for the month of March.
LA remains a huge question mark to me. They seemed to have started their late-season run a couple of weeks ago, but have now dropped 3 in a row after winning 7 in a row. Hopefully they end up in a dogfight with San Jose, who I seem to recall surging into a playoff spot late in the season several times, and could do so again. Unfortunately SJS only has the last game of the season against LA, and no more games against Calgary.

But once again, LA is fluking out with virtually no injuries. I've never thought they are a very good team, but they've always managed to be healthy in the playoffs, which is everything (as Canuck fans know all too well). Even playing healthy they're at best going to squeak in, and I won't be at all surprised if they miss it entirely.
Kopitar, Carter, Gaborik, Doughty, and Quick would be top players on almost any team in the league.

They are a decent team from an individual standpoint, but it's the fact that they play so well as a team, and play some tenacious hockey, that is what makes them a very good team. The come together and fight for it, and they don't make stupid mistakes very often.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Mëds wrote:Kopitar, Carter, Gaborik, Doughty, and Quick would be top players on almost any team in the league.

They are a decent team from an individual standpoint, but it's the fact that they play so well as a team, and play some tenacious hockey, that is what makes them a very good team. The come together and fight for it, and they don't make stupid mistakes very often.
I think our perception of the Kings has been skewed by the fact that they have had the Canucks number like crazy for the last 4 years - no question, they look like Stanley Cup Champs whenever they play Vancouver.

But they are a huge anomaly - no other team in history has had such a lousy regular season and still won the Cup. I don't think their success can be imitated, and I think when it comes apart for them its going to come apart in a huge way.
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

I would love to see it end how it is right now.

Canucks vs Calgary
Ducks vs Wild

Preds vs Jets
Blues vs Hawks

San Jose & LA out
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

black ace wrote:I would love to see it end how it is right now.

Canucks vs Calgary
Ducks vs Wild

Preds vs Jets
Blues vs Hawks

San Jose & LA out
It would be perfect
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote:
Mëds wrote:Kopitar, Carter, Gaborik, Doughty, and Quick would be top players on almost any team in the league.

I think our perception of the Kings has been skewed by the fact that they have had the Canucks number like crazy for the last 4 years - no question, they look like Stanley Cup Champs whenever they play Vancouver.

But they are a huge anomaly - no other team in history has had such a lousy regular season and still won the Cup. I don't think their success can be imitated, and I think when it comes apart for them its going to come apart in a huge way.

I hope the hockey gods kick the kings out of the playoffs altogether this year, otherwise they could go for a long run in the post season. :?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.