Time to Change the Oil.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: Time to Change the Oil.

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote: Teams that spend to the cap and try to ice contenders keep the league going. They need to be rewarded.
That's crazy talk. How dare you insinuate teams like Vancouver and Detroit are more valueable to the league than Buffalo or Phoenix/Arizona. :D Next thing, you'll be suggesting that the visiting team gets 100% of the gate revenue, cuz, Detroit sells out only because of the bottom feeders.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Arcobello waived by the Panthers and claimed by the Penguins.

So much for the Lowe point of the season.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:What a bunch if morons Lowe and company are

They are in the rebuild of the rebuild of the rebuild of the rebuild

Rebuild 1 - Hemsky, Cogliano, Gagner
Rebuild 2 - Eberle, Pjaarvi, Hall, RNH, Schultz
Rebuild 3 - Yakupov, Nurse, Draisaitl
Rebuild 4 - McEichel.........

It's looking like it will be four 1st overall picks for them in last 6 drafts. Throw in a 3rd (Draisaitl) and a 7th (Nurse)

How fucking dreadful is that. The league should take their 2015 1st away. They do not deserve another chance at picking 1st overall. Most GMs would be embarrassed. Lowe and company seemingly love drafting in the top 5. It's like it's all that matters to them
FOUR rebuilds and they finally land McDavid, now the youngest captain in NHL history, kind of a awkward intro..

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Milan likes the boys. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Lucic: these are all my bitches.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I think they shoulda made that Lynx guy captain!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

They should have the annual oiler golf classic in mid April and rename him Links
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:Lucic: these are all my bitches.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/ ... -1.3788310
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

@SportsnetSpec

Oilers assign Griffin Reinhart to AHL Bakersfield.

He had a very poor camp. Still very much a debate whether he'll be an NHL player.

Oilers compare the reinhart trade to the gudbranson trade, as both teams paid very similar costs for said defensemen.

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hocke ... nhart-deal
May, 2016;
Now 22 years old and four years removed from his fourth overall selection at the 2012 Draft, Reinhart is still trying to establish himself as an NHL player. He has appeared in 37 major-league contest and recorded two points; he’s also managed 32 points in 89 AHL games.

At the same age, Gudbranson was far more proven. Despite some injury issues and a lockout, the 2010 No. 3 pick had played 169 major-league games and only two in the minors. He was Florida’s No. 5 defenceman at the time, and despite some concern about his shot metrics lately he’d managed a 52 percent Fenwick rating that year while playing with a revolving door of partners.

Additionally, Gudbranson is a better fit for the Canucks than Reinhart was for the Oilers. He’s a right-shot on a team with only one other truly established right-side defenceman, Chris Tanev. He’ll be asked to take on the same minutes in Vancouver that he handled in Florida, and in all likelihood be paired with puck-moving rearguard Ben Hutton. He’s also a young veteran on a retooling team, able to provide experience while at the same time being projectable as a long-term piece....

Not only did Florida add the player with the most upside, but it managed to land additional draft picks (thereby recouping trade deadline losses) and shed salary. Gudbranson is on a one-year, $3.5 million contract, and given both the premium currently being paid for physical defencemen and his increased proximity to free agency that number may well go higher on his next deal.

Yet, while this deal probably isn’t a great one by the Canucks, they did come away with a young NHL player who fills an immediate need for their club. The Oilers paid a similar price and came away with a prospect who plays one of the few positions where the team already had depth.
& this was before the Oilers traded Taylor Hall for Larsson.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Both teams paid relatively the same price, i.e. who'd you rather have Barzal or McCann? That's who the Islanders drafted with the Oilers 1st round pick they received from the Pens in the Perron trade and then they drafted this Beauvellier kid in the same draft with the Oilers early 2nd round pick (31st overall) given up for Reinhart. Apparently both Barzal and Beauvellier have had good camps in New York. Reinhart goes to the AHL again! But Benning is an idiot for the Gudbranson trade? Go Figure!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The Gudbranson trade was Bennings finest. I have doubts whether McCann will ever be an NHL regular.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mondi wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:The Gudbranson trade was Bennings finest. I have doubts whether McCann will ever be an NHL regular.
I think McCann is a better prospect than Virtanen.

So now, which premature statement seems more unreasonable?
Yours...of course!
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Uncle dans leg wrote:The Gudbranson trade was Bennings finest. I have doubts whether McCann will ever be an NHL regular.
Bjugstad just broke his hand is is out for a month - perfect chance for McCann to step into that #3C slot to prove himself.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mondi wrote:
I think McCann is a better prospect than Virtanen.

So now, which premature statement seems more unreasonable?
McCann's lightweight Frame rendered him useless once teams became familiar with him. His attitude will probably be his undoing. Pedan on McCann - " he was the only guy I didn't like in the dressing room. He has lone superstar syndrome"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

People having fun with #OilersBoyBandNames on twitter

Some beauties:

The Tragically Picked
Blink 0-82
No Direction

https://twitter.com/hashtag/OilersBoyBandNames?src=hash