Bo knows! - The Horvat thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Bo knows! - The Horvat thread

Post by okcanuck »

I 've got my doubts that Horvat would have survived the final cut anyway.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

With all the losing Clam? Last I checked the Canucks were holding down a playoff spot.

Horvat's one of the orgnization's 23 best players so he makes the team.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Sending Horvat to the WJC is in the stupid ideas like "We have too much depth at centre"
Last edited by Topper on Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote: Nux after Juice don't have any dman with any snarl except maybe Pedan (but I don't know much about him), Tinordi would help lead the change post Bieksa days whenever that is.
Actually, I think Sbisa plays with an edge to his game. He's actually a really good hitter, I'd say better than Juice. He took out Jagr and P.Kane with some big hits this season; he also had a couple big hits vs Calgary the other nite. He's willing to answer the bell as well, as he was willing to go with S.Weber after a hit he threw on a Predator I believe.

He has been a pleasant surprise and is quickly becoming one of my fave D-men on our team. I'm not sure we can keep him after this season though, as he's going to be a RFA and we're close to the cap. Moving a high priced forward like Burr would help.

Stanton is not bad too. He knocked out a guy with a big hit this season and is willing to stick up for teammates. He probably doesn't have that snarl that Juice and Sbisa has though.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

okcanuck wrote:I 've got my doubts that Horvat would have survived the final cut anyway.
Is this supposed to be a joke ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
okcanuck wrote:I 've got my doubts that Horvat would have survived the final cut anyway.
I don't know, but if so it is great news for Canuck fans regarding Virtanen.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
It has got to be. Even the Eastern press has implied Horvat would be captain. To imply he would not make it is just really fucked up
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

damonberryman wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
It has got to be. Even the Eastern press has implied Horvat would be captain. To imply he would not make it is just really fucked up
Horvat would easily make that team, it wouldn't even be close. He'd be the guy tasked with shutting down the Eichel's and the Nylanders of the tournament.

Gauthier would likely be the odd man out.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
The cigarette smoking man at Leaf Nation would not allow Gauthier to be cut from the team, it would have to be someone else.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
The cigarette smoking man at Leaf Nation would not allow Gauthier to be cut from the team, it would have to be someone else.
Sadly, you're probably right. I have never been impressed by Gauthier, and it's got nothing to do with him being a Leaf pick. I just don't think he brings much to a team like this. While the small ice this year might help, he was beyond garbage last season and I think he could've gotten the Bigras treatment this time around.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
SKYO wrote: Nux after Juice don't have any dman with any snarl except maybe Pedan (but I don't know much about him), Tinordi would help lead the change post Bieksa days whenever that is.
Actually, I think Sbisa plays with an edge to his game. He's actually a really good hitter, I'd say better than Juice. He took out Jagr and P.Kane with some big hits this season; he also had a couple big hits vs Calgary the other nite. He's willing to answer the bell as well, as he was willing to go with S.Weber after a hit he threw on a Predator I believe.

He has been a pleasant surprise and is quickly becoming one of my fave D-men on our team. I'm not sure we can keep him after this season though, as he's going to be a RFA and we're close to the cap. Moving a high priced forward like Burr would help.

Stanton is not bad too. He knocked out a guy with a big hit this season and is willing to stick up for teammates. He probably doesn't have that snarl that Juice and Sbisa has though.
Sbisa is ok for a patch job, Stanton is a decent #6, but none have that Bieska nastiness around the net.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote: Sbisa is ok for a patch job, Stanton is a decent #6, but none have that Bieska nastiness around the net.
Sbisa and Stanton are 24 and 25 though. I think with time and development, they will play with more assertiveness and play with more confidence as they become more established in the league. I remember there was a time when Juice was in AV's doghouse and we almost traded him. I really hope we can hold on to these 2 guys. I think in a couple years, Stanton and Sbisa will move ahead in the depth chart and play heavier minutes than Juice. Also, they will play with more jam then an older Bieksa.
Spock
CC Veteran

Post by Spock »

Well - its been almost 1/2 a season, and while nobody would say that Bo has set the world on fire with his offensive prowess, he *is* learning what it takes to succeed in an NHL that is far faster and more physical than any OHL game. I am very pleased with the strides this young man is making. I don't know yet if he will mature and grow into a bonafide #1 center type, but I have no doubt that he can be a high end #2 centerman.

Nice job Canucks. Good pick.
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... or the one."

Spock of Vulcan
Stardate 2476.8
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Spock wrote:Well - its been almost 1/2 a season, and while nobody would say that Bo has set the world on fire with his offensive prowess, he *is* learning what it takes to succeed in an NHL that is far faster and more physical than any OHL game. I am very pleased with the strides this young man is making. I don't know yet if he will mature and grow into a bonafide #1 center type, but I have no doubt that he can be a high end #2 centerman.

Nice job Canucks. Good pick.
Agreed, looks like the kind of player that can play almost anywhere in the lineup. The Nucks have their Swiss army knife of the future, ideally he turns into a Toews type player with 60-70 point offence but if he's 40-50 points instead he's still very valuable.

Now on to drafting dmen and scoring wingers - centres and goalies are quite strong.