He's Tampering in Heaven Now

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: He's Tampering in Heaven Now

Post by okcanuck »

RIP. Pat Quinn... The man was responsible for drafting Trevor and Bure. I bet there isn't a person ever in the NHL who didn't respect this giant of a man. Trevor is going to take this team to the Cup eventually and I'll guarantee Pat's name will be one of the first names mentioned in the raising of the Cup.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Stand Pat
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

okcanuck wrote:RIP. Pat Quinn... The man was responsible for drafting Trevor and Bure. I bet there isn't a person ever in the NHL who didn't respect this giant of a man. Trevor is going to take this team to the Cup eventually and I'll guarantee Pat's name will be one of the first names mentioned in the raising of the Cup.
Well said, and as it should be.

I was really hoping Pat was going to get better and return to the fold as Trevor's top advisor.
It will never be the same without him.

No one did a stogie better.
R.I.P. Pat Quinn

"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

donlever wrote: There's a short list of guys with the Canuck logo tattooed on their ass.

PQ is one of them.
Agreed. Trev and Stanley Smyl obviously too. I think Brian Burke and Dave Nonis to some extent as well. Of the current Canucks - the Sedins and Juice.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Thanks for the memories. :cry:

Now we have to win without Quinn.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Burke tells a story of the inside work being done to sort out the Bure situation prior to drafting him.

Says he was summoned to Quinns office late one evening and Pat was at his desk, tie undone, jacket off, stogie in mouth working away at running the team.

Burke nodded to him and Quinn sat, back, took the stogie out of his mouth and said "Bure".

Brian brought him up to date, Quinn took it all in, looked back at Burke and said, "yeah, well ONE of us is gonna hafta get on a plane to Moscow and sort this out once and for all".

Burke says he realized pretty quikcly GMPQ wasn't getting on any planes to Russia.
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So is there another unit opening at Tsawwassen Springs ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Thanks for the memories. :cry:

Now we have to win for Quinn.
Fixed it :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

:drunk:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

I had one question that he never really did answere that day. It had to do with the morning I had arranged for two little boys of a minor hockey coach in the Hastings neighbourhood to meet their idol, Pavel Bure. Pat was coaching at the time and said Bure would stop by after practice at the Pacific Coliseum to say hello.

Bure came off the ice and brushed by the kids, heading straight for the dressing room. Not far behind was the coach, who on skates appeared to be seven feet tall.

He looked down at the teary-eyed boys and said: “What’s wrong?” When told about Pavel’s behaviour, Quinn said: “Don’t anybody move.”

Within seconds, Bure appeared from the dressing room with two autographed sticks and a charming smile on his normally pouting face. I asked Quinn what he’d said to his star player. His answer: “You don’t want to know!”
Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Spor ... z3K8J9IxOp
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

donlever wrote:Burke tells a story of the inside work being done to sort out the Bure situation prior to drafting him.

Says he was summoned to Quinns office late one evening and Pat was at his desk, tie undone, jacket off, stogie in mouth working away at running the team.

Burke nodded to him and Quinn sat, back, took the stogie out of his mouth and said "Bure".

Brian brought him up to date, Quinn took it all in, looked back at Burke and said, "yeah, well ONE of us is gonna hafta get on a plane to Moscow and sort this out once and for all".

Burke says he realized pretty quikcly GMPQ wasn't getting on any planes to Russia.
Pure film noir awesomeness!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Arachnid wrote:
Cookie La Rue wrote:Thanks for the memories. :cry:

Now we have to win for Quinn.
Fixed it :D
We did. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Topper wrote:After watching Larshied on the game, even if it was tape delay so I could blast commercials and most between period crap, I poured myself a Bushmills for the red nosed varicose veined Irishman.

I wonder if he finished it before I did?
I knew it; you are a self absorbed, over educated,

Go back to Montreal and cheer for the Habs. :(
Last edited by Overtime on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

RoyalDude wrote:The day the Canucks hired Pat Quinn this organization got something it never had before - respect. The organization prior to Quinn's hiring was abysmal. The Canucks have never looked back since, paddy set the ship right and we can all think him for that. RIP Pat
Nice. True. Well said.