Ference 3 games

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Ference 3 games

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Edmonton Oil Tank fans are pretty happy about Ference being gone for 3 games as they can't stand boring veterens. They are real excited that their line-up will be filled with more rookies now that he is out - Klefbom and Marancin in for Hunt and Ference.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It's crazy the way they are happy to lose Ference because he got pay back on Kassian. Funny they didn't see the Bert Moore thing in the same light. Funny how they don't see that the Kassian hit was unintentional albeit careless use of stick. But in their eyes that makes him a goon. It's actually pretty disgusting reading any of their message boards.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Edmonton Oil Tank fans are the worst, it brings great pleasure to me to see them in the worlds longest rebuild. Kevin Lowe's obsession in trying to re-capture the Gretxky era by tanking year after year but continually picking duds. Yakupov instead of Murray or Galchenyuk, lol. RNH instead of Landeskog, lol. Taylor Hall is completely overrated. He's lucky Scott Stevens ain't around anymore, if the likes of Nashville's Ellis and Canucks Tanev can take him out one can only imagine the damage that Stevens would do to Hall who is David Booth dumb when carrying the puck. He's gonna get rocked one of these days, his hockey sense is awful. He thinks he's still playing in the OHL with the stupidity he pulls on the ice.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote:That being said, I think intent should be the main factor.
The only problem is how to prove what the intent was...
I recall this done once by Shanahan the media whore. His explanation of the Hansen suspension for the overhand forearm to the head of Hossa while batting at a puck was full of supposition of intent.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:The Edmonton Oil Tank fans are the worst, it brings great pleasure to me to see them in the worlds longest rebuild. Kevin Lowe's obsession in trying to re-capture the Gretxky era by tanking year after year but continually picking duds. Yakupov instead of Murray or Galchenyuk, lol. RNH instead of Landeskog, lol. Taylor Hall is completely overrated. He's lucky Scott Stevens ain't around anymore, if the likes of Nashville's Ellis and Canucks Tanev can take him out one can only imagine the damage that Stevens would do to Hall who is David Booth dumb when carrying the puck. He's gonna get rocked one of these days, his hockey sense is awful. He thinks he's still playing in the OHL with the stupidity he pulls on the ice.
The biggest issue about Edmonton is not the picks, the players are good. They have zero veteran leadership on this team. It is time for the owner (afro hair dude) who makes all the calls to let his GM trade a young guy and their 1st over all to a team to get some vets.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The Edmonton Oil Tank fans are the worst, it brings great pleasure to me to see them in the worlds longest rebuild. Kevin Lowe's obsession in trying to re-capture the Gretxky era by tanking year after year but continually picking duds. Yakupov instead of Murray or Galchenyuk, lol. RNH instead of Landeskog, lol. Taylor Hall is completely overrated. He's lucky Scott Stevens ain't around anymore, if the likes of Nashville's Ellis and Canucks Tanev can take him out one can only imagine the damage that Stevens would do to Hall who is David Booth dumb when carrying the puck. He's gonna get rocked one of these days, his hockey sense is awful. He thinks he's still playing in the OHL with the stupidity he pulls on the ice.
The biggest issue about Edmonton is not the picks, the players are good. They have zero veteran leadership on this team. It is time for the owner (afro hair dude) who makes all the calls to let his GM trade a young guy and their 1st over all to a team to get some vets.
offer Burrows

dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Topper wrote:
I recall this done once by Shanahan the media whore. His explanation of the Hansen suspension for the overhand forearm to the head of Hossa while batting at a puck was full of supposition of intent.
Hey, at least when Milan Lucic hit Ryan Miller (illegal - goaltender interference), who didn't have possession (illegal - interference), in the head (illegal - 48.2? iirc), with his arms up (illegal - elbowing/roughing), concussing him and knocking him out of the lineup for 8 games (in theory taken into account by league HQ), Shanahan was forward-thinking enough to ask Looch if he'd meant to do it and then clear him based on his professed lack of intent.

:crazy:
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

dbr wrote: :crazy:
What a league...
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:
dbr wrote: :crazy:
What a league...
A league of their Own
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Groovypippin
CC Veteran

Post by Groovypippin »

dbr wrote:
Topper wrote:
Hey, at least when Milan Lucic hit Ryan Miller (illegal - goaltender interference), who didn't have possession (illegal - interference), in the head (illegal - 48.2? iirc), with his arms up (illegal - elbowing/roughing), concussing him and knocking him out of the lineup for 8 games (in theory taken into account by league HQ), Shanahan was forward-thinking enough to ask Looch if he'd meant to do it and then clear him based on his professed lack of intent.

:crazy:
Probably the most egregious, disgusting and baffling case of a non-suspension in recent memory. Almost as bad as the Buffalo players on the ice shuffling around with their hands in their pockets, staring at the ice instead of all leaping on Lootch and pounding the snot out of him collectively.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Per wrote:No, the lawyer is right. You must take the outcome into consideration.
I was just taking it a little further, showing what might happen if the outcome has no influence on the sentencing.

That being said, I think intent should be the main factor.

And all things considered, 3 games for Burrows may be a bit harsh, but not unreasonable.
3 games for Ference may be a bit lenient, but not unreasonable. I'm good with this.
They don't have to if, as a league, they are serious about getting head shots out of the game. However, that's an issue for the next CBA language then. I agree Per, if intent is more of a factor in suspensions it should reduce the acts of stupidity. Who decides? Quintal & Pronger, Chris has a pretty good handle on intent, and the "Law of Physics" it turns out. I question why Kassian wasn't forced to go to the quiet room. Emelin wasn't "hurt" but spent the required time in the room until cleared. I'd have no problem w/ the Ferrence 3 games if Burrows had received 1 for a first time head shot offence. His prior fines shouldn't have been a factor since they were mostly mouthing-off related. So why were they mentioned in the video, to prove he is bad guy? Ferrence on the other hand is a 3 time violent offender (1 for a headshot, 3 for boarding) so perhaps 5 games would send a stronger message in this case.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

AGAIN, look at the educational videos on the NHL Player Safety Page and you will see why Burrows got three, a late pick from an odd angle targeting the head and Ferrance got three, hitting the player square but elevating to the head instead of going through the body.

The league has this spelled out to teams, players and fans, but some still don't get it.

I suspect Ferrance could have done far more damage hitting Zach in the chest and whiplashing the head neck. Maybe even separating Zach's shoulder.

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

People get it just fine, it's not consistent.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

It is consistent with what they have spelled out in their educational videos.

Like Bettman's ruling last year and the CBA section on Supplementary discipline, are you too lazy to veiw them before making your comments?

Hilarious when the arm chair crowd mouths off about rules they haven't bothered reading.

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

You are confusing me with someone who even remotely cares what you think.