Career Milestones 2014-15

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Career Milestones 2014-15

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:....and the extra seemingly important shit that doesn't seem to fit anywhere but you ignore and toss aside.
They are called instructions.
Come in the form of manuals periodically
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

donlever wrote:..who pays attention to those?

Are we not men?

Instructions?

Pfft.

Ummmmm, not all of us.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Are we not men?

Instructions?

Pfft.
I didn't say they were architectural drawings.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Are we not men?

Instructions?

Pfft.

Ummmmm, not all of us.
So what happened the other night?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Ummmmm, not all of us.
True, but your sex gives instruction as opposed to taking it (instruction that is :oops: )
Topper wrote: I didn't say they were architectural drawings.
Cartoons.

Pffftt again.
Topper wrote: So what happened the other night?
HW you said you were not going to tell anyone!

(I mean I get it, how could you not?)

But still!

:sly:
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: Are we not men?
____
Try to focus on someday.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Vader wrote:
herb wrote:
Mondi wrote:Without a cup, the Twins are dubious for the HHOF. IMHO.
Don't forget it's the Hockey Hall of Fame, not NHL Hall of Fame.

Henrik has an Olympic gold, World Championships gold, World Championships bronze X2, Art Ross, Hart, probably somewhere north of 1,000 or 1,100 career points (in an era where being a point per game player is elite, like top ~1% of point getters elite).

IMO he's a similarly successful player to Bure or Sundin, who were inducted to the hall a couple years back (neither won Cups). Not a shoe in, but a pretty damn good career nonetheless.
I agree the Sedins are somewhat on the bubble for the Hall, but consider Adam Oates (in the HOF) led the league in assists 3 times, Henrik 3 as well....

With scoring down so much, the HOF debate will become more interesting as scoring from different era's is so incomparable...and no, Corsi won't be considered as part of the HOF credentials
Burke drafting those 2 and how he pulled it off is going to go down as one of the all time draft best draft moves. Just consider the careers of the other "consensus" top 4 for context. I don't think even Burke foresaw 2 Art Ross, a Hart & collectively over 2,000 career pts. The amazing thing is, they didn't really come into their prime until their late 20s.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I am a huge fan of the twins but unless they rip off another 300 points and either a cup win or another finals appearance there is no way they should be in the Hall . Then again scrubs like Pulfird , Duff and Jethro Gillies are there so it illustrates what a joke the hockey Hall is .

Per what about Anders Hedberg or Ulf Nillson or Kent for that matter ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I am a huge fan of the twins but unless they rip off another 300 points and either a cup win or another finals appearance there is no way they should be in the Hall . Then again scrubs like Pulfird , Duff and Jethro Gillies are there so it illustrates what a joke the hockey Hall is .

Per what about Anders Hedberg or Ulf Nillson or Kent for that matter ?
Sure. The people who made the list seem to have very short memories, or must be very young.

The top four is pretty set, Forsberg, Sundin, Lidström and Salming. There may be some discussion about how to rank them, but I think most people will have either Forsberg or Lidström as #1.

After that, it gets tougher. Hedberg and Ulf Nilsson played their best hockey in the WHA, and never won the cup, so I'm not sure about them. Kent Nilsson was a hell of an artist, known as Magic Man, and the legendary Forsberg penaltyshot against Cory Hirsch in Lillehammer, was actually Forsberg trying out a move he had seen Kent Nilsson do....

But Kent was not really allround, which he admits himself. When journalists suggested his son, Robert Nilsson, plays a similar game, Kent replied "that's simply not true; I have seen him in the defensive zone on several occassions." :roll:

Other strong candidates would be Mats Näslund, Le Petit Viking, who played for Montreal, and Stefan Persson who won four Stanley Cups with the Islanders. Persson is nearly forgotten, but he had a career point per game average of 0.59, which is really good for a blueliner imho, and a career +/- of +176, which shows that he wasn't neglecting his defensive duties.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I am a huge fan of the twins but unless they rip off another 300 points and either a cup win or another finals appearance there is no way they should be in the Hall .
If you figure the lockouts cost the Sedins 80 points in the 116 games missed, Henrik would be pushing 950 points by now and Daniel over 900. Pretty good in the dead puck era

Interesting to see how the voters factor the lockouts into the overall HOF credentials
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Most players who hit 1,000 games and 1,000 pts will most likely make their way to the Hall at some point. You don't hit those numbers just being ok. Looking at the list of players already in, if they can put in another 3 or so strong years they'll be joining them.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

My point was that the HHOF has pretty low standards compared to the other major sports . The twins are damn good players who have had really good careers . I guess with some of the other guys who have gotten in they may eventually deserve to be there . I would guess guys like Thornton and Iginla would be shoe ins if the twins make it .May as well add Marleau and Spezza as well . Perry and Getzlaf will be automatic and Kariya too .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:My point was that the HHOF has pretty low standards compared to the other major sports . The twins are damn good players who have had really good careers . I guess with some of the other guys who have gotten in they may eventually deserve to be there . I would guess guys like Thornton and Iginla would be shoe ins if the twins make it .May as well add Marleau and Spezza as well . Perry and Getzlaf will be automatic and Kariya too .
The one thing that the Sedins have on all of those guys, with the exception of Marleau, Perry, and Getzlaf, is that they have played their entire careers for the same franchise. Iggy, Spezza, and Kariya, all elected to go where the grass was greener and be surrounded by better players in hopes of getting a Cup.

If the Ducks win another Cup here in the next few years, and Getzlaf and Perry continue their dominance, they should get in.

Marleau should not get in for the simple fact that he often declined leadership roles when offered. He's a good player, but disappears for stretches. His ppg is less than the Sedins too.

Jumbo is a loser. Got no respect for the guy. He also chokes HARD in the playoffs.

Not trying to make a case for the Sedins to be in the HoF, I think they do need to his the 1000 point mark, and I think they will. But they need a Cup. They've got the Olympic Gold Medal already, and every other check box has to be filled for them as players and people.....but I think they need a ring to get in.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The twins will get in. They are twins and as such hold all the records twins can hold. That's history. The only way they fail to get in is if the last years of their contract are like last year.and I can't see that. They will make the HHOF.
The only HW the Canucks need
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I think they will end up in the hall of fame, and I hope they have won a cup by the time they do.

Btw, speaking of career milestones, Daniel played his 1000th NHL game last night.

What better way to do it than by beating the Blackhawks?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.