Canucks 2nd line

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks 2nd line

Post by Meds »

ClamRussel wrote:
Mëds wrote:I didn't say he didn't warrant it. He was one of the top 4 players on the team, probably top 3. What I'm saying is that he was 2nd line center who would have been 50ish points if not for playing 1st unit PP. That's all. I was just pointing out that by the time he was traded Kesler wasn't a guy that was going to anchor a line unless the wingers were legitimate top-6 forwards. He has a couple of years where he might have been that guy, and I even thought he would be. He was a bit of an enigma that way.
I get that. But take away pp pts from any top 6 player & you'll see a similar drop. Agreed he isn't an anchor center, in fact I believe this is why Torts tried him on the wing. He sorta plays that way. The problem was the team never addressed that & brought in playmakers for him. He could have really benefitted from playmaking wingers like Whitney, Hemsky etc.
That's why I specified that he was getting his PP minutes on the 1st unit. Had you put him on the 2nd unit and Samuelsson or Bur on the 1st unit, the 1st unit would have carried on at close to the same pace, the 2nd unit would have done just the same, but Kesler's totals would have dropped while still getting the top-6 minutes.