Boom or Bust Tryamkin Signals Red Revolution in Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BallsBrunswick

Post by BallsBrunswick »

Interesting article on the Canucks drafting Nikita Tryamkin and what it could mean for the organization. I personally thought the anti-Russian bias Gillis exhibited during his administration was absolutely stupid and glad the curtain seems to be lifting.

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Boom or Bust Tryamkin Signals Red Revolution in Vancouve

Post by Jovocop »

BallsBrunswick wrote:Interesting article on the Canucks drafting Nikita Tryamkin and what it could mean for the organization. I personally thought the anti-Russian bias Gillis exhibited during his administration was absolutely stupid and glad the curtain seems to be lifting.

Stupid?? Do you remember Chubarov?? Koltsov?? We lost those two players to the KHL for absolutely nothing. In most cases, unless they are guaranteed a spot with the Canucks and a fat contract, they will choose to stay in the KHL. Do you remember Radulov, the one time Predator? or Ilya Kovalchuk?? It is not hard to figure out why some GMs are not too keen on picking Russian players.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote:
BallsBrunswick wrote:Interesting article on the Canucks drafting Nikita Tryamkin and what it could mean for the organization. I personally thought the anti-Russian bias Gillis exhibited during his administration was absolutely stupid and glad the curtain seems to be lifting.

Stupid?? Do you remember Chubarov?? Koltsov?? We lost those two players to the KHL for absolutely nothing. In most cases, unless they are guaranteed a spot with the Canucks and a fat contract, they will choose to stay in the KHL. Do you remember Radulov, the one time Predator? or Ilya Kovalchuk?? It is not hard to figure out why some GMs are not too keen on picking Russian players.
Get your head out of your ass Jovocop. For every name you just listed there are a dozen that stayed.....for less money.

Besides, who cares if we can't hang on to middling Russian talent that up and quits in the playoffs. They are quite replaceable with North American skaters who will actually want to play hockey until June.

Draft a few Russians, if this guy turns into the next Zdeno Chara then we scored big and we will pay him big and he will happily stick around for the money. He'll also be a guy that competes when the games get tougher. If he doesn't pan out then who cares if we can't hang onto a bottom 2/3 defenseman who would rather play back home.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Mëds wrote:
Jovocop wrote:

Get your head out of your ass Jovocop. For every name you just listed there are a dozen that stayed.....for less money.

Besides, who cares if we can't hang on to middling Russian talent that up and quits in the playoffs. They are quite replaceable with North American skaters who will actually want to play hockey until June.

Draft a few Russians, if this guy turns into the next Zdeno Chara then we scored big and we will pay him big and he will happily stick around for the money. He'll also be a guy that competes when the games get tougher. If he doesn't pan out then who cares if we can't hang onto a bottom 2/3 defenseman who would rather play back home.
Maybe you should. Do you know who was picked 5 spots below Koltsov??? Duncan Keith. My point is that unless the Russian is a cannot-miss prospect, I would rather picking a player from North America or somewhere like Sweden or Finland. If skills are equal, are you telling me that you will pick a Russian instead, knowing that they might rather stay in the KHL for big bucks?? I am not trying to be racist but have you ever heard a Russian player signing a hometown discount to stay in the NHL?? At least, the Swedes and Finns will do that but not Russians...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Would like to see Tryamkin in the AHL for a couple years, dude has massive potential to be a beast dman.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SKYO wrote:Aug 30, 2014 - Would like to see Tryamkin in the AHL for a couple years, dude has massive potential to be a beast dman.
Well the AHL didn't happen, but dang 3 years went by real quick!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.