The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Cherry Picker »

I liked Manny before he died...

to me.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:34 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:27 pm Now hes a Laugh....he sucks
This is true.
The leaves bubble of suckage
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

BingoTough wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:20 pm
This is true.
The Leaves bubble of suckage
Spellcheck is doing something screwy. It didn't accept 'leaves' and turned it into Leaves...
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

BingoTough wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:22 pm
This is true.
Spellcheck is doing something screwy. It didn't accept 'Leaves' and turned it into Leaves...
I give up. So should that team from TO
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

This is true.
Spellcheck is doing something screwy. It didn't accept 'Leaves' and turned it into Leaves...
I give up. So should that team from TO
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by mr perfect »

BigTuna wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:13 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:07 pm
BigTuna wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:24 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:05 am
micky107 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:58 am Tavares turns 29 in September. Great year. But for how much longer?
Tavares isn’t a winner, his old team sucked until he left town, then they became good
His old team is about to suck hard.
Not as bad as his current one :lol:

Notice all the suckage follows him around?

That must mean something...
Oh no that Isles team ain't seeing the playoffs next year.
Sure has been nice and quiet without the Flounder around for the past 5.5 weeks beaking off. Just for the record I wanted to remind all about his post before the beginning of the season how the Islanders who went six in the Eastern final weren't making the playoffs. Or how he stated that with Hedman and Stamkos injured the Leaves were going to tap dance all over the Lightning's ass. Why not?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Dubas announced that he is definitely open to trading the Leaves first round pick for something "that helps us now".

This would be the 3rd first rounder that he has traded in the last 20 months.

There are some eerie parallels that one can draw between Gillis and Dubas right now. Talent loaded in the top few forwards, missing on game changers on the blueline, spending future for present as the cupboards get barer and barer.

Almost has to make a person wonder if the real brains of the operation in Vancouver back then was Lawrence Gilman.....
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Mëds wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:49 am Dubas announced that he is definitely open to trading the Leaves first round pick for something "that helps us now".

There are some eerie parallels that one can draw between Gillis and Dubas right now. Talent loaded in the top few forwards, missing on game changers on the blueline, spending future for present as the cupboards get barer and barer.

Almost has to make a person wonder if the real brains of the operation in Vancouver back then was Lawrence Gilman.....
Only difference is that Gillis took the team deep into the playoffs, where Tarana is still sucking big time. I am surprisingly gruntled with Tarana right now.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Mëds wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:49 am Dubas announced that he is definitely open to trading the Leaves first round pick for something "that helps us now".

You think we could sell (read: ‘fleece’) Dubas with Markstrom, ferlund (they like having LTIR on the books) and Erickson for a first or a couple seconds??!? :D :drink: :thumbs: :D

I sure if spun the right way, that seems like a good deal for them!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:55 am

You think we could sell (read: ‘fleece’) Dubas with Markstrom, ferlund (they like having LTIR on the books) and Erickson for a first or a couple seconds??!? :D :drink: :thumbs: :D

What is there cap situation right now? I am sure we would have to take on a bad contract to make this move work too. Just checked, I think if we took Anderson back, it could work. He has 1 year left at 5 mil.

Markstrom's rights + Loui for Anderson and a 7th? Could throw in Ferland if they needed the extra cap relief too.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

theman wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:02 am

What is there cap situation right now? I am sure we would have to take on a bad contract to make this move work too. Just checked, I think if we took Anderson back, it could work. He has 1 year left at 5 mil.

Markstrom's rights + Loui for Anderson and a 7th? Could throw in Ferland if they needed the extra cap relief too.
I was thinking something like this too. And, then....Marky goes someplace else, leaving Tarana with no goalie, and Ericksson.
Sploosh!
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Tciso wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:15 am

I was thinking something like this too. And, then....Marky goes someplace else, leaving Tarana with no goalie, and Ericksson.
Sploosh!
:lol: That would be epic. If Markstrom really wants 6 mil, and Toronto really wants to take a run at signing him, this might be the only 'good outcome' for us. Anderson is a decent goalie and would only have 1 year left on his deal which means we can protect Demko in the expansion draft.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I would actually do that. Solves the expansion issues in the crease for us and gives us a good tandem. Freddy is useless in the clutch, but if he's not going to be relied upon as "the guy" then who cares. Wouldn't make sense for the Leaves though. Loui and Freddy are almost a wash, and while it fixes their starting goaltender situation they can't afford to add Loui on top of the $6M they'd end up paying Markstrom.....particularly because the Air Thief doesn't fill a roster need for them at all.

However, it sounds like Tarrana might prefer a middle-six center. I'd move Sutter out instead of Loui.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Leaves don't want LTIR contracts anymore, just the opposite in fact.

They needed them last year in case there was a Marner offer-sheet.

And they certainly don't want bad contracts like that of Mr Eriksson.

Again, just the opposite, they'd rather give up assets for GOOD bang-for-the-buck contracts.

From the moment they traded Kapanen for a first, I said they'll flip it for help now.

Dubas and Shanny are likely canned if Leaves don't make the playoffs and win a round next year.

Leaves and Nucks are not good trade partners at all right now, too bad cuz we all know Dubas is a doofus.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Handy Andy needs to stay right where hes at so we can enjoy yet another one of his his annual mental breakdowns next playoff run.

He dangles just enough poise to hang in there juuuust long enough to slip through the trade deadline!

:lol:

Its fuckin awesome
If you need air...call it in