The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12463
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Micky »

.
BS is BS! ever since he refused a move to the Canucks. as a player.
"evolution"

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 26055
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:00 pm
.
BS is BS! ever since he refused a move to the Canucks. as a player.
:crazy:

Craig Janney? :look:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12463
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Micky »

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:01 pm
micky107 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:00 pm
.
BS is BS! ever since he refused a move to the Canucks. as a player.
:crazy:

Craig Janney? :look:
There is no record that I can find but it did happen. Used the Canadian dollar as the excuse, (1991)
Reason I remember is I was with a few pals and we all heard it and there was some rather blue language taking place...
"evolution"

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:15 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:39 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:28 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:19 pm
I remember the days were Tuna would come on this site and boast how they landed the greatest coach of all time. How the addition of the cock would bring the leaves to the promised land. How nothing was going to stop them. He argued against those that told him the cock was overrated. That the cock was not what a young team in transition, still building needed. Athat he wasn’t good with younger players. That he wouldn’t have the patience a young team like Toronto needed.

Oh so now Tuna wanted him gone. The cock was the problem. How convenient a memory can be.
TRUTH

TUNA LOVED THE COCK FOR YEARS!!

Also true: Yours truly told Fishman he would turn on Lou and Babs one day to Tuna's denials.
Love how you ignore my Babcock complaints from the past 2 years.
You were down on The Cock for 2.5 years!

But yes, then you couldn't stomach any more...
So I'm like every other fan then. Flames fans want Peters canned already.

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

SKYO wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:29 am
Leaves - they have playoffs yes, at least they should, but the Leaves don't have the jam to go past the 1st/2nd round. WEAK
Of course they do. We have no idea who they'd face in the playoffs.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 18200
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Blues and Capitals have proven you need to be a heavy team to grind it out and last in the playoffs. Dubas dropped the ball here. A team built on small dipsy doodlers won’t cut it
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK

ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2908
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by ESQ »

BigTuna wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:08 am
SKYO wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:29 am
Leaves - they have playoffs yes, at least they should, but the Leaves don't have the jam to go past the 1st/2nd round. WEAK
Of course they do. We have no idea who they'd face in the playoffs.
Leaves will be in the wildcard race, but I won't be surprised at all if they miss. They're 10th in the East, with every team having games in hand - Tampa has 5 games in hand!

Good thing that 1st is lottery-protected!

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 11395
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by The Brown Wizard »

The Laughs are putting it all out there for their new coach and wont be able to sustain. Theyre giving up so many chances and once they play a team with size and structure will be badly exposed.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12463
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Micky »

.
Your team might slip in,Tuna, but unless your core players like Mathews, Marner, Big John when he gets back, are willing to go all out,
rough it out tough it out, (including playing with boo-boos), Take the hits throw the hits etc etc etc, no way you get close to the cup.
Not trying to be mean, just reality. adjusting.
"evolution"

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 26055
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:38 am
The Laughs are putting it all out there for their new coach and wont be able to sustain. Theyre giving up so many chances and once they play a team with size and structure will be badly exposed.
Yes, they were outplayed by the Avs except for Grubby dropping the ball.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 26055
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:07 am
Strangelove wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:15 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:39 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:28 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:19 pm
I remember the days were Tuna would come on this site and boast how they landed the greatest coach of all time. How the addition of the cock would bring the leaves to the promised land. How nothing was going to stop them. He argued against those that told him the cock was overrated. That the cock was not what a young team in transition, still building needed. Athat he wasn’t good with younger players. That he wouldn’t have the patience a young team like Toronto needed.

Oh so now Tuna wanted him gone. The cock was the problem. How convenient a memory can be.
TRUTH

TUNA LOVED THE COCK FOR YEARS!!

Also true: Yours truly told Fishman he would turn on Lou and Babs one day to Tuna's denials.
Love how you ignore my Babcock complaints from the past 2 years.
You were down on The Cock for 2.5 years!

But yes, then you couldn't stomach any more...
So I'm like every other fan then
... except every other fan doesn't proclaim their coach to be the greatest of all time for 2.5 years. :wink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 26055
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:26 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:01 pm
micky107 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:00 pm
.
BS is BS! ever since he refused a move to the Canucks. as a player.
:crazy:

Craig Janney? :look:
There is no record that I can find but it did happen. Used the Canadian dollar as the excuse, (1991)
Reason I remember is I was with a few pals and we all heard it and there was some rather blue language taking place...
Yeahno, that was Janney.

The Blues signed RFA Nedved to an offer sheet.

Canucks negotiated with St Lou over what the compensation would be.

Canucks wanted Shanahan but settled for Janney + 2nd.

Janney was the one who refused to report to the Canucks.

Canucks eventually traded Janney back to the Blues for Lafayette, Hedican, and the bird dog.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1925
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:38 am
The Laughs are putting it all out there for their new coach and wont be able to sustain. Theyre giving up so many chances and once they play a team with size and structure will be badly exposed.

Theyve beaten 2 really solid team already. And it' funny you think Arizona doesn't have structure. LOL. They area defensive machine.

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9168
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Cornuck »

Ah.... Toronto..... Canada's Florida. :D

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/gyza ... ng-toronto
A serial shit thrower appears to be on the loose in Toronto.
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2056
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cornuck wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:06 pm
Ah.... Toronto..... Canada's Florida. :D

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/gyza ... ng-toronto
A serial shit thrower appears to be on the loose in Toronto.

Post Reply