The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1745
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:35 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:13 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:29 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:27 am
Is it the Islanders? Could be Ottawa. They got loads of dough!
When i hear record offersheet Melnyk automatically comes to mind.
How does it feel to be a fan of team that has done jack for 55 years? And please do not reference the Canucks as they have had more success that Toronto over that time. But seriously - how many years of out in first round can you handle before you completely lose it?
I love a fannbase who brags about 0 cups. LOL

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 20380
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:39 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:34 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:25 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:18 pm
Dubas has had a pretty poor 12 months

Dumb contracts to Mathews, Ceci, Wet Fart, Nylander, Marleau trade, now he wants to sign his best player but has no cap. Go back to video gaming Kyle or is it Hot Karl? No that’s just what the other GMs and player agents do to him.
Not to mention the fact Dumbass turned down the Marner camp offer of $8.5M x 8 years last summer! :lol:

Tuna is slow, but eventually he'll realize how horrible Dumbass is and he will turn on him...
According to Nick Kypreos. No one else shares that opinion.
Nick is a good friend of Marner's agent...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14622
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:53 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:35 pm
Reefer2 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:13 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:29 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:27 am
Is it the Islanders? Could be Ottawa. They got loads of dough!
When i hear record offersheet Melnyk automatically comes to mind.
How does it feel to be a fan of team that has done jack for 55 years? And please do not reference the Canucks as they have had more success that Toronto over that time. But seriously - how many years of out in first round can you handle before you completely lose it?
I love a fannbase who brags about 0 cups. LOL
Do you think cups from the six team league are relevant?
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1745
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:56 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:53 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:35 pm
Reefer2 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:13 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:29 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:27 am
Is it the Islanders? Could be Ottawa. They got loads of dough!
When i hear record offersheet Melnyk automatically comes to mind.
How does it feel to be a fan of team that has done jack for 55 years? And please do not reference the Canucks as they have had more success that Toronto over that time. But seriously - how many years of out in first round can you handle before you completely lose it?
I love a fannbase who brags about 0 cups. LOL
Do you think cups from the six team league are relevant?
Do you ever see me mention them?

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1745
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:56 pm

That 7 years, 12.5 million offersheet should be coming any minute...

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7595
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by micky107 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:45 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:56 pm
That 7 years, 12.5 million offersheet should be coming any minute...
"evolution"

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14460
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by RoyalDude » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:49 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:18 pm
Dubas has had a pretty poor 12 months

Dumb contracts to Mathews, Ceci, Wet Fart, Nylander, Marleau trade, now he wants to sign his best player but has no cap. Go back to video gaming Kyle or is it Hot Karl? No that’s just what the other GMs and player agents do to him.
1040 keeps going on about how great Toronto’s analytics department is, headed up by that weeenie car salesman - Lawrence Gilman
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7595
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by micky107 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:01 pm

New.....
"evolution"

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Reefer2 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:34 pm

Dubas always has this look like he saw boobs for the first time.

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4673
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Reefer2 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:36 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:56 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:53 pm
Do you think cups from the six team league are relevant?
Do you ever see me mention them?
I am not the one who constantly goes to other team's fan sites and brag how good Leaves are and then disappear like a chicken shit when they fail (again). You have not answered my question, how many more years of going out in the first round can you handle before you really lose it?

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9216
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by rats19 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:00 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:36 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:56 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:53 pm
Do you think cups from the six team league are relevant?
Do you ever see me mention them?
I am not the one who constantly goes to other team's fan sites and brag how good Leaves are and then disappear like a chicken shit when they fail (again). You have not answered my question, how many more years of going out in the first round can you handle before you really lose it?
Should do a poll on that exact question reef...
My guess is 7..... 7 more years
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 6534
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Meds » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:09 pm

BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:56 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:53 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:35 pm
Reefer2 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:13 pm
BigTuna wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:29 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:27 am
Is it the Islanders? Could be Ottawa. They got loads of dough!
When i hear record offersheet Melnyk automatically comes to mind.
How does it feel to be a fan of team that has done jack for 55 years? And please do not reference the Canucks as they have had more success that Toronto over that time. But seriously - how many years of out in first round can you handle before you completely lose it?
I love a fannbase who brags about 0 cups. LOL
Do you think cups from the six team league are relevant?
Do you ever see me mention them?
So what you're saying is that in your opinion Toronto has never really won a Stanley Cup.

Cool.

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 6534
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Meds » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:29 pm

micky107 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:01 pm
New.....
Some interesting thoughts there from Elliot.

I especially like how he gives a nod to Aho's agent and the way he set things up for his client. Getting him tons of bonus money and to free agency a full 3 years sooner than he would have by just sticking with the Hurricanes and not negotiating the offer sheet from Montreal.

I would assume that Marner's agent will be doing the same.

Some interesting spin from the Hurricanes. Now while I don't question that Aho told Waddell both before and after that he wanted to be in Raleigh, I know full well that it could be nothing more than lip service during and after a negotiation.

https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/sport ... nt-329218/

I get a kick out of the bus throwing of Aho's agent by the Hurricanes, and how they say it was unnecessary. Aho will now be 27 when his deal expires, and have the full opportunity to sign as a free agent anywhere he chooses with at least 5 year of consistently "reliable" production ahead of him.

To me Waddell's comments sound more like he means to say, "Well we were playing hardball so his agent went out and got the terms he wanted for his client somewhere else because he knew we'd match."

If Dubas had half a brain he would exceed the cap by the allowable 10% and give Marner a good contract, and then spend the rest of the summer scrambling to fix the cap, because realistically Friedman is right, no matter how this goes there will be some hard feelings that have to get smoothed over here if Marner stays in Toronto.

It would really be the best of both worlds for us here in CC land. The Leaves would get their player but at a cost that really sucks, that player would not be as happy in Leafland anymore, we could then watch Dubas get fleeced in late August as he has to sell parts he wants to keep for nothing just to get the team cap compliant (because no GM will help him at a fair price), and then next season he will be in the same bind with 50% of his cap committed to 4 forwards a defenseman and a goalie, the latter of which will be at nigh burnout because the blueline in front of him is still a chuck of swiss cheese. :lol:

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7018
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Uncle dans leg » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tuna will laying in a bath of ice holding a straight razor near his wrist after reading that

:lol:

Hahaha!
nobody focks...with the jesus

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7595
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by micky107 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:48 am

LOL !Image
"evolution"

Post Reply