The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Hockey Widow »

I would trade the rights to Markstrom for Andersson plus a 6th or 7th though. Gets us a decent enough starter/backup for one year, a draft pick and as already said, solves our dilemma for the expansion draft. Toronto may want permission to speak to Markstrom first and I'd be ok with that.

If Louie's agent can't find any takers that won't cost us an arm and a leg then they might agree to a mutual termination so he can sign elsewhere for 1-2 years. He still wants to play so his desire to play maybe stronger than his desire to collect on his contract while being demoted.
The only HW the Canucks need
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I think most of Loui's desire to keep playing is centered around collecting $12 million US.

Sven Baertchi has a similar desire. ;)
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:46 pm I think most of Loui's desire to keep playing is centered around collecting $12 million US.

Agree 110%. No way in hell either of those 2 walk away from all that cake.

If they were free agents they might earn a PTO or a league mininum offer at best
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:46 pm I think most of Loui's desire to keep playing is centered around collecting $12 million US.

You mean $5M for loui for the next two years, after his signing bonus is paid, is it paid?

I think Eriksson could terminate his contract after and sign a $1.5M contract next season with another team, work up his value, get another $2M deal (with bonuses) playing in a more favourable position on a team with more playing time versus being stuck in the minors in Utica.

Slight pay cut but get actual good playing time or play in Utica.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

SKYO wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:20 pm

You mean $5M for loui for the next two years, after his signing bonus is paid, is it paid?

I think Eriksson could terminate his contract after and sign a $1.5M contract next season with another team, work up his value, get another $2M deal (with bonuses) playing in a more favourable position on a team with more playing time versus being stuck in the minors in Utica.

Slight pay cut but get actual good playing time or play in Utica.
Yes, I think it must have been paid recently. Still, when Loui signed with the Canucks he said he needed all that money because he had a 'big family.' I think that probably stills holds true.

I'd love to test his resolve in Utica but I think Benning might agree to let him play out the string with the Stars affiliate in Austin Texas.
el rey del mambo
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

LE will still be a Canuck at the end of next season.

Not a lot of players will walk away from money regardless of how much they make. Going to Utica will not be a problem as the AHL season will be short so play 30 - 40 games and make a couple million, then head back to Sweden and manage his business .
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:51 am LE will still be a Canuck at the end of next season.

Not a lot of players will walk away from money regardless of how much they make. Going to Utica will not be a problem as the AHL season will be short so play 30 - 40 games and make a couple million, then head back to Sweden and manage his business .
I blame the Unions. If this was 1920, we could have sent Loui, and his entire family to work in the iron mines of Sweden. But, the obvious solution is now "illegal", or something. Meh.

Here is hoping he fails his physical, and fades away into the background
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yes, Loui's SB was paid on July 15th.

And the real dollars he's be walking away from is $4M total for the two seasons.

(don't forget the 20% escrow comes off the top)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:17 pm

And the real dollars he's be walking away from is $4M total for the two seasons.

So a mutual termination of contract wouldn't really hurt him too much if he could go get a 1 year league minimum with bonuses?
The only HW the Canucks need
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:17 pm

And could even be more. If JB tells LE's agent the Canucks are planning to send him to the minors for next season and buy him out in 2021 then there's another $1 mil coming off Louie's salary. Cap hit would be $4 mil for 21-22 and $1 mil for 22-23.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

But back to the Laffs. ToStar is reporting (behind a paywall) that Darcy Tucker and Shayne Corson are being investigated by the CRA for tax evasion while with the Laffs. With boys being sodomized in MLG and the exploits of Austin Matthews, is there any other NHL team that does as much criming?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

mr perfect wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:37 pm But back to the Laffs. ToStar is reporting (behind a paywall) that Darcy Tucker and Shayne Corson are being investigated by the CRA for tax evasion while with the Laffs. With boys being sodomized in MLG and the exploits of Austin Matthews, is there any other NHL team that does as much criming?
Yikes. Travis Green was part of the posse with Tucker and Corson, wasn’t he?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

As an asside Darcy Tucker, Ryan Huska and Tyson Nash all won three Memorial Cups as players back in the heyday of the Kamloops Blazers. Incredible really... doubt we see that again.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/news/pau ... -319182540
Maple leaves Name Paul MacLean Assistant Coach

____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Elliotte: TOR does not qualify Bracco, Gauthier, Rodrigues or Veronneau
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.