The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Lancer »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:56 am Poor Canuck fans 7 wins in a row and you can't enjoy it because toronto is better and taking all your press away...
Until your team beats our team on 1 March your collection of wimps and 'me-firsts' are not better than our team, and no amount of stat-pointing will change that.

Vancouver could be on a 20-game unbeaten streak, and the Toronto Sports Network and LeafsNet will be obsessing over the latest Bitch-Marner-with-a-cute-kitten pic. That's life when the sports media landscape has been skewed so towards one city - and Torontonians wonder why everyone else in Canada would dance a jig if the GTA was wiped off the map.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:05 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:00 am
BigTuna wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:56 am Poor Canuck fans 7 wins in a row and you can't enjoy it because toronto is better and taking all your press away...
We usually see more coverage after ap
ril...i know thats hard for you to comprehend
You do?
Oh ya lots of teams do. Not every team goes out in the first round
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The dump that is called Toronto will always get more coverage than any other city in Canada. This isn’t a new development Sunshine. Even though the city is an eyesore and resembles Beirut or Baghdad, it has the most people, therefore it controls the media. I could care less. I’m just happy I don’t have to live in a garbage dump like Toronto.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Lancer wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:05 am
Until your team beats our team on 1 March your collection of wimps and 'me-firsts' are not better than our team, and no amount of stat-pointing will change that.

Vancouver could be on a 20-game unbeaten streak, and the Toronto Sports Network and LeafsNet will be obsessing over the latest Bitch-Marner-with-a-cute-kitten pic. That's life when the sports media landscape has been skewed so towards one city - and Torontonians wonder why everyone else in Canada would dance a jig if the GTA was wiped off the map.
The national media give plenty of regular season coverage to the laughs because thats all theyve ever known...unless you go back to the black and white/foster hewitt/buy war bonds/1 in 6 chance because there were only 6 teams/appollo 11 moon mission era then you wont find any post season coverage except for the annual post mortem of their annual collapse

Its sad. I wonder if they could get unicef to make a donation box and collect for suicide awareness in the GTA area every april?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Toronto is 3-9 against all the good teams in the eastern conference(Boston, Tampa, Washington, Pittsburg, Flyers, Isles, Carolina) ..let that one sink in Tuna

:lol:

Ya no you guys still suck buds... just like every year
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

F**k Sportsnet for closing the regional offices.
"evolution"
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:36 am Toronto is 3-9 against all the good teams in the eastern conference(Boston, Tampa, Washington, Pittsburg, Flyers, Isles, Carolina) ..let that one sink in Tuna

Ya no you guys still suck buds... just like every year

That's including with Babcock as coach. They just shut out the Isalnders last night with their backup in net LOL.
Here's the leaves rankings after last night since Keefe took over:

1st if GF%
4th is CF%
4th in xGF%
1st in GF/60
11th in GA/60
2nd in SF/60
17th in SA/60
2nd in CF/60
11th in CA/60
2nd in xGF/60
9th in xGA/60
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cherry picking from a rediculously short sample period again? If you look at the canucks last 7 theyre as good as the 84 oilers too.

You'll learn one of these years...just like your dad and granddad did before you. The laughs futility transcends millennia
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:45 am :lol:

Cherry picking from a rediculously short sample period again? If you look at the canucks last 7 theyre as good as the 84 oilers too.

You'll learn one of these years...just like your dad and granddad did before you. The laughs futility transcends millennia
20 games? Babcock coached 23...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BigTuna wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:50 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:45 am :lol:

20 games? Babcock coached 23...
53 years
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Speaking of Toronto.... are they the only city in North America that would employ Jack Armstrong ? It’s been fun to see the Raptors throw a bone to the less fortunate community but at the end of the day.... is the gig up yet?

HELLOOO!

Seriously that character was held under water with Joe Bowen and Paul Morris by a gang of inbreeds. Like WTF? We have Robson, Hughson, Shorthouse, Ball and you have Morris, Bill Hewitt, Bob Cole and Joe Bowen. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and Stuckless and Ballard.

We own Meeker.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So what’s the word on Muzzin and Barrie as they approach their UFA retirement contracts this July?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:36 pm So what’s the word on Muzzin and Barrie as they approach their UFA retirement contracts this July?
I don't think either are coming back. They have Rielly, Holl, Lilljegren, Sandin signed and Dermott is RFA with 13 million in cap.
A trade for 1 more Dman will likely happen.

Leaf fans hear every year LLeafs are doomed and everyome is leaving. No worry here.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I'm quite enjoying how much the Leaves-focus is hurting Rogers.

I just hope Rogers doesn't damage the game too much by the time this money pit rights contract is up.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I think Tuna should change his handle to Cherry Picker...
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!