The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:37 am He wouldn’t be the #1 player on a lot of teams. I can’t think of a single team that he be the best player on. Even this scabby, shitty Canucks team has three better forwards
Habs he would be the best. Drouin has 1 50 point season in 5 years. Price's save % is below 900 right now. There are others he'd be second best. And those Canuck forwards haven't hit 60 points yet like NYlander.

Point is, if he's your 6th or 7th best player, you're in good shape. 61 points each of his first 2 seasons with not great TOI.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:48 am Sure enjoy the compliment while u can. Signing the least effective of all the pending and upcoming leaf FAs for this bad of an overpayment guarantees your fucked-ness from the very next contact negotiation and onwards.

At least the blackcocks got to win a couple cups before the stars cleaned out the coffers

So what should have Nylander signed for? They were always going to have to start at the very least at 6-6.5 million per. It was clear he'd want the Pastrynak deal with some added as the cap went up 5 million.
Overpayment my ass. His cap hit is 1.6 million less than Drais in Edmonton. And that was with a smaller cap. And as stated, this is an incredibly easy contract to move and kep shis value very high. But by all means, keep telling yourselves all of this is a disaster for the leaves. Every team wishes they had this issue.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

$24mil guaranteed as signing bonus. $2mil now, another $8.3mil next year. He won't be moved until the leaves pay that.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Stupid contract for a lower tier forward that’s going screw shit up for other GMs when signing RFA players of the same caliber. Thank you Dubas you dumbass
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Yup. Just like we were talking about over 2 years ago, mid sized contracts for good players will be gone.
Teams will consist of the highest of talent and value and scrubs that make a mil.

What we call so-so- 2nd / good 3rd players will either take the scrub wage or go to Europe/Russia.
Overall, I say that makes for a shittier, less overall talented and less entertaining to watch league.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:41 am Festive Stick
‏ @TheOakLeafs

[Random Willie appreciation tweet ahead of contract announcement]

Points as of 185 NHL GP

Tavares 142
Nylander 135
MacKinnon 134
Draisaitl 131
Kucherov 128
Giroux 128
Benn 128
Kuznetsov 126
Seguin 111
Kessel 103

I bet this stat shocks you. And Willy got less TOI than everyone on that list.
Lol, Nylander rode Matthews like a horse, milked Matthews like a cow...

How much will Matthews get, $14M?
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:03 pm Stupid contract for a lower tier forward that’s going screw shit up for other GMs when signing RFA players of the same caliber. Thank you Dubas you dumbass
1.6 million less than Draisait with a much bigger capl, but it's going to effect other RFAs. LOL. All Dubas' fault. It's the same market value deal all young players are signing.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:23 pm
BigTuna wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:41 am Festive Stick
‏ @TheOakLeafs

[Random Willie appreciation tweet ahead of contract announcement]

Points as of 185 NHL GP

Tavares 142
Nylander 135
MacKinnon 134
Draisaitl 131
Kucherov 128
Giroux 128
Benn 128
Kuznetsov 126
Seguin 111
Kessel 103

I bet this stat shocks you. And Willy got less TOI than everyone on that list.
Lol, Nylander rode Matthews like a horse, milked Matthews like a cow...

How much will Matthews get, $14M?
Matthews will get 12.5, Marner 10 million imo.

I love how Leaf players are overrated and suck until contract time comes. LOL
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:28 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:37 am He wouldn’t be the #1 player on a lot of teams. I can’t think of a single team that he be the best player on. Even this scabby, shitty Canucks team has three better forwards
Habs he would be the best. Drouin has 1 50 point season in 5 years. Price's save % is below 900 right now. There are others he'd be second best. And those Canuck forwards haven't hit 60 points yet like NYlander.

Point is, if he's your 6th or 7th best player, you're in good shape. 61 points each of his first 2 seasons with not great TOI.
Meh .., Domi might be the Habs best forward. And there is also Shea Weber to think about.

No sane GM would trade any of Boeser, Petterson or Horvat for Willy. He’s a good young player and should help return a good d man for the leaves in the next year or thereabouts
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Meh .., Domi might be the Habs best forward. And there is also Shea Weber to think about.

No sane GM would trade any of Boeser, Petterson or Horvat for Willy. He’s a good young player and should help return a good d man for the Leaves in the next year or thereabouts
Both of Montreal's "Best" young forwards have still only hit 50 points once. Nylander hit 61 in his first 2 full seasons...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:46 am

No sane GM would trade any of Boeser, Petterson or Horvat for Willy. He’s a good young player and should help return a good d man for the Leaves in the next year or thereabouts
. Nylander hit 61 in his first 2 full seasons...
Riding shot gun with quite arguably the best player in the game - Arizona bound Matthews. We are all well aware of Babcock’s displeasure with Nylanders “overall” game. He’s an OK player but you are building a winner around Nylander, he’s a 3rd Tier level winger
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:27 am
BigTuna wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:46 am

. Nylander hit 61 in his first 2 full seasons...
Riding shot gun with quite arguably the best player in the game - Arizona bound Matthews. We are all well aware of Babcock’s displeasure with Nylanders “overall” game. He’s an OK player but you are building a winner around Nylander, he’s a 3rd Tier level winger
LOL. You would never say this in regards to Matthews except in this context.
And drop the fantasy Arizona stuff. He will be signed before next summer. And they don't have the $ to sign him.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

y BigTuna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:05 am

And drop the fantasy Arizona stuff. He will be signed before next summer. And they don't have the $ to sign him.

Micky;
Then why did they give sooo much to a guy that got lucky playing with good team mates and had 2, 60 point seasons?
your words.... :)
"evolution"
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

micky107 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:18 am y BigTuna » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:05 am

Micky;
Then why did they give sooo much to a guy that got lucky playing with good team mates and had 2, 60 point seasons?
your words.... :)
Because Chiarelli gave 8.5 million to a guy with the same stats when the cap was smaller.
This deal is actually less than the Pastrynak contract with the cap increase considered.
Players who only reached 50 points once were getting 5.5 million with a small cap (Drouin).
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:50 pm
Matthews will get 12.5, Marner 10 million imo.

I love how Leaf players are overrated and suck until contract time comes. LOL
Matthews will get a comparable to McJesus - percentage wise - he'll get at least 13, if not more if the cap rises

Marner, yeah 10 sounds right

$47 mill on 5 forwards, leaves them with 36 if the cap goes up to, say 83 next year, or about 2 mil per player to round off their roster with only 2 proven NHL dmen signed.

This is where Marleau's contract sucks ass and why they should have either traded Nylander for some d-help or not signed Tavares and used that money towards a defenceman or two.

Edit - going to be interesting to see how Laine and Matthews contract situations work out - are they each going to wait for the other to sign?

Jets are just as fucked up - if not more.