The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2015/ ... picks-no-8

If the Arizona Coyotes didn't take Noah Hanifin, the Leaves were interested in moving away from the Mitch Marner selection in order to move back with the Columbus Blue Jackets, according to a video released on Jackets TV.

The video shows Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen mulling over a deal that would have sent the fourth overall pick to Columbus in exchange for a first round pick (No. 8) and three second round picks (No. 34, 38, 58).
That first sentence is a little confusing, it should be more like:

"If the Arizona Coyotes did take Dylan Strome, the Leaves felt they may as well move back 4 slots

... but if they couldn't do that, they'd basically be forced to take Mitch Marner." :mex:

(Arizona was back and forth on Strome/Hanifin)

(and the Leaves had to get a centre, probably felt Zacha would be there at 8th)

I'm just glad to see the Leaves didn't get their man Strome and are off to such a splendid start with Marner.

"We never wanted you Mitch... we were forced to take you!" :mrgreen:

Mitchell Marner, the Leaves' redheaded stepchild....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Lou Lamoriello Named leaves GM? Why you might ask. I have it on good authority that leaves ownership wanted to eliminate the negative perceptions following years of fans booing at the ACC. By hiring Lou they can now get pundits like Dreger to spin the boos into Loos. The idea was first brought up when ownership pushed BB and Nonis to trade for Luongo. That fell through, as we all know. Since then the franchise has continued its struggle and become more of a laughing stock of the league.

The consortium of owners are used to getting their own way and live in a fairy tail world of make be-leaves. The Putinesque denial they run their business enterprises is never more evident than watching the unfoldings at the ACC. There is a strong sense of outrage that fans would boo, especially on national telecasts, which it seems is all the time. They be-leave it tarnishes the brand and by its very nature may be defamatory.

By hiring this Lou they now be-leave they can create the proper spin. As the boos ring out the intention is to have TV cameras quickly pan over to Lou sitting in his box. Some critics suggest this may result in TV viewers seeing very little on ice action and instead be subjected to hours of footage of Lou in a box.

I will update you when I get more.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:Lou Lamoriello Named leaves GM? Why you might ask. I have it on good authority that leaves ownership wanted to eliminate the negative perceptions following years of fans booing at the ACC. By hiring Lou they can now get pundits like Dreger to spin the boos into Loos. The idea was first brought up when ownership pushed BB and Nonis to trade for Luongo. That fell through, as we all know. Since then the franchise has continued its struggle and become more of a laughing stock of the league.
I've also heard that they are turning up the heat inside ACC to at least 86F. This might cause some fans to remove their jerseys and throw them to the ice in an effort to cool them off.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

HW - Does Lou get a jersey to toss on the ice as a tribute?

Maybe #7 for the 7th man.

I see the simmering pot of newly empowered management kids and their advanced stats gee whiz turning to a boiling rage with Lou's rash decision making.

The kids will cry to to Shanny the Media Whore behind Lou's back.

....and what about their Captain trying to play defence under Lou and Babcock......
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

Cornuck wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Lou Lamoriello Named leaves GM? Why you might ask. I have it on good authority that leaves ownership wanted to eliminate the negative perceptions following years of fans booing at the ACC. By hiring Lou they can now get pundits like Dreger to spin the boos into Loos. The idea was first brought up when ownership pushed BB and Nonis to trade for Luongo. That fell through, as we all know. Since then the franchise has continued its struggle and become more of a laughing stock of the league.
I've also heard that they are turning up the heat inside ACC to at least 86F. This might cause some fans to remove their jerseys and throw them to the ice in an effort to cool them off.
Unlike in Edmonton where they just opened the outside doors in hope that everyone would need to keep the jerseys on to stay warm, thus not throwing them on the ice.

PS speaking of opening doors, is it true that they leave the doors open in Phoenix in hopes that the homeless will move in?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Yes, lost, you are correct. They are developing a plan to cool the ACC, after all it is a close acronym for AC, to an uncomfortable 5 degrees. The hope is all leaves fans will keep their clothes on. If not they will pan to Lou in a box, who, as has been suggested, will be wearing a leaves jersey, ball cap, and at times, a CUJO mask.

And after last night's shooting in Lafayette by a drifter from Alabama, Arizona has dropped plans to open its doors to the homeless.
The only HW the Canucks need
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Hockey Widow wrote:... Some critics suggest this may result in TV viewers seeing very little on ice action and instead be subjected to hours of footage of Lou in a box.
Given his elevated age and questionable health, this may not be much of a stretch.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

lostinarink wrote: PS speaking of opening doors, is it true that they leave the doors open in Phoenix in hopes that the homeless will move in?
They tried that for a while, but kept finding bodies in odd places around the arena as too many homeless drunks got lost in a rink. :look:

:P
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

:shock:
Mëds wrote: They tried that for a while, but kept finding bodies in odd places around the arena as too many homeless drunks got lost in a rink. :look:

:P
:shock:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BladesofSteel wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:... Some critics suggest this may result in TV viewers seeing very little on ice action and instead be subjected to hours of footage of Lou in a box.
Given his elevated age and questionable health, this may not be much of a stretch.
Also given the fact they are paying him $9M-per to be a figurehead... it's probably written into the contract:

DEAD OR ALIVE :mrgreen:

It's funny, I don't see many of the TO media talking about the fact Lou will get $9M+ per year!

It's like they want everyone to believe Lou just loves the leaves... :roll:

Leaves are paying both their new Head coach and GM more than double the next highest-paid coach/GM.

Yup, the Leaves always find a new way to piss off the Hockey Gods! :P

And of course the other teams/Bettman aren't exactly thrilled about this.

No doubt driving up the salaries of coaches + GMs to this degree doesn't sit well.

I don't see the scribes talking about this though.

Oh well, even with Babs + Lou the rebuild will fail miserably IMESHO

... and Leaves give up a 3rd-rounder for each as compensation to Wings/Devs...
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:
Also given the fact they are paying him $9M-per to be a figurehead... it's probably written into the contract:

DEAD OR ALIVE :mrgreen:

It's funny, I don't see many of the TO media talking about the fact Lou will get $9M+ per year!

It's like they want everyone to believe Lou just loves the leaves... :roll:

Leaves are paying both their new Head coach and GM more than double the next highest-paid coach/GM.

Yup, the Leaves always find a new way to piss off the Hockey Gods! :P

And of course the other teams/Bettman aren't exactly thrilled about this.

No doubt driving up the salaries of coaches + GMs to this degree doesn't sit well.

I don't see the scribes talking about this though.

Oh well, even with Babs + Lou the rebuild will fail miserably IMESHO

... and Leaves give up a 3rd-rounder for each as compensation to Wings/Devs...
When does the media talk about the salaries of coaches/GMS?

And Babcock's 50 million got massive press BTW and still is.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: When does the media talk about the salaries of coaches/GMS?
When said salaries become completely insane.
BigTuna wrote: And Babcock's 50 million got massive press BTW and still is.
See? :mex:

The silence is deafening on Lou's $9M+ salary though.

Lou will make more money in the next 3 years than he did in the last 30.

"Love of money is the root of all evil" they say.

Lou served the Devils for decades, now he serves... the Devil. :twisted:
____
Try to focus on someday.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

"It's funny, I don't see many of the TO media talking about the fact Lou will get $9M+ per year!"

Is this true or bullshit? If it is true then Shanny has lost his nut.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

damonberryman wrote:"It's funny, I don't see many of the TO media talking about the fact Lou will get $9M+ per year!"

Is this true or bullshit? If it is true then Shanny has lost his nut.
Simmons mentioned it in passing a few days ago:
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/23/an ... lamoriello

The deal for the new general manager of the Maple leaves is three years in length, more than $9 million in salary, and all it will cost the club to sign one of hockey’s iconic figures is a third-round draft pick down the road, the most compensation ever awarded for a 72-year-old hockey executive.
Pretty funny that the TO media seem to be spinning this as "Shanny is a great salesman!"

... rather than "The Leaves are desperate and throwing insane money at people." :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Where are you getting $9m per?

That's not what I think when I read (roughly paraphrasing) "three years and over $9m in salary."