The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

He was in WeeTodds remedial math class but couldnt make the cut so had to go out to ontario where hes an honour roll student

Hes thinking of a career in municipal politics after hes done grade 13...
If you need air...call it in
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:08 pm Barrie camp 8 years $8 Million per year. LOL

Muzzin is shit balls

The future in TeeOh sucks hairy ass crutons
Why shouldn't he? He's far better than Tyler Myers. And Toronto has 26 milion in cap space next year.

You are so obsessed with "Cap", how about the fact Toronto is paying 2.75 this season to an elite puck-moving D?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:37 pm - Traded a first for 2 years of Muzzin
- Traded Kadri for 1 year of Barrie
- To get rid of Marleau traded a first
- Traded Brown to get rid of Zaitsev

Sound!

Matthews will be playing in Arizona when he’s 26 years old

Future looks spectacular

Kyle Dubas
So no cap to keep anyone. Gotcha. Where is the Nylander trade? Where is the Marner offersheets? And ever hear of Klerfoot? He's the younger, cheaper version of Kadri they received in the Barrie trade,.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:56 pm
BigTuna wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:27 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:56 am Barrie, Muzzin and Ceci all UFA’s next July. Barrie is said to be demanding an 8 year $8 Million per contract next July. Lol, oh Kyle Dubas, lol, you’re the best.
Leaves have 26 million in cap space next season. Let me guess, the argument is they will lose Muzzin and Barrie because they have no cap room? LOL
You didn’t answer the question - are they giving Barrie the 8 year $8 Million per year contract his camp is demanding? He will turn 29 next years July 26? 8 years $8 Million per year
If Barrie gets another 60+ points, yes. He deserves 8. You guys just gave horrible Tyler Myers 6 per long-term and he's older.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:38 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:12 pm
BigTuna wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:27 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:56 am Barrie, Muzzin and Ceci all UFA’s next July. Barrie is said to be demanding an 8 year $8 Million per contract next July. Lol, oh Kyle Dubas, lol, you’re the best.
Leaves have 26 million in cap space next season. Let me guess, the argument is they will lose Muzzin and Barrie because they have no cap room? LOL
Well they may or may not. That $26M in cap room comes with no Mitch Marner and only one defenseman signed.

So if you keep Marner, and it's anything north of $10M (which it certainly will be) that $26M becomes less than $16M. Last I checked you aren't going to ice a quality NHL blueline with $16M. Give Barrie his ask and you'll be staring at $8M between 4 guys. Last I checked reliable top-4 defensemen in the NHL don't come for less than $5M anymore, unless they are on ELC's. I guess you better be hoping that Sandin and Liljegren make the jump this year.
Even when you show him the math he does not get it, makes you worried about the education system in Ontario or where ever Tuna went to school.
The 26 million is assuming tyhe cap goes up 0. It won't. They likely have 29-30 million. Please explain how there's no $ for Barrie or Muzzin??
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

BTW, since we are on the cap subject, are Canuck fans concerned how they are being built? There is a lot of cap tied-up to late 20's and 30's bottom 6 talent.

I'm so glad leaves are not paying the Eriksson, Myers and Beagle's of the world that much $.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

That's just ugly. 14.75 locked-up recently to Miller, Myers and Ferland. Jeus. That's a lot of $ on supporting talent. Not to mention 6 million for Eriksson and all that $ on Beagle.

Pay your stars but don't do what Benning is doing. ridiculous.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

BigTuna wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:08 pm BTW, since we are on the cap subject, are Canuck fans concerned how they are being built? There is a lot of cap tied-up to late 20's and 30's bottom 6 talent.

I'm so glad Leaves are not paying the Eriksson, Myers and Beagle's of the world that much $.
On the flip side, we have more than 2 NHL centres and more than 4 NHL defencemen, so at least there's that.

I mean, its not like the Leaves lack of depth killed them in the playoffs or anything.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

ESQ wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:14 pm
BigTuna wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:08 pm BTW, since we are on the cap subject, are Canuck fans concerned how they are being built? There is a lot of cap tied-up to late 20's and 30's bottom 6 talent.

I'm so glad Leaves are not paying the Eriksson, Myers and Beagle's of the world that much $.
On the flip side, we have more than 2 NHL centres and more than 4 NHL defencemen, so at least there's that.

I mean, its not like the Leaves lack of depth killed them in the playoffs or anything.
And a NHL goalie. :mrgreen:
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

leaves had the best offensive depth in the entire NHL last season. "Depth" had nothing to do with the loss. Spezza isn't an NHL centre? His #'s in Dallas indicates he is. Kerfoot can play C as well.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

BigTuna wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:22 pm

Leaves had the best offensive depth in the entire NHL last season. "Depth" had nothing to do with the loss. Spezza isn't an NHL centre? His #'s in Dallas indicates he is. Kerfoot can play C as well.
Spezza was an NHL centre, not sure he will be one in this coming season.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Jovocop wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:26 pm
BigTuna wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:22 pm

Leaves had the best offensive depth in the entire NHL last season. "Depth" had nothing to do with the loss. Spezza isn't an NHL centre? His #'s in Dallas indicates he is. Kerfoot can play C as well.
Spezza was an NHL centre, not sure he will be one in this coming season.
So he suddebly lost it, gotcha. His #'s were far better than any 4th line C on the leaves last year.

My god, Benning is killing your cap with average players.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That's just ugly. 14.75 locked-up recently to Miller, Myers and Ferland. Jeus. That's a lot of $ on supporting talent. Not to mention 6 million for Eriksson and all that $ on Beagle.

Miller’s, Ferkland’s and Myers contracts are fine. Sutter, Beagle and Eriksson not so much. To say all six are bad contracts is asinine.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The leaves only player with some sandpaper is Hyman.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:33 pm The leaves only player with some sandpaper is Hyman.
And that does not matter. They outhit Boston in the 1st round. anyone aware?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Miller’s, Ferkland’s and Myers contracts are fine. Sutter, Beagle and Eriksson not so much. To say all six are bad contracts is asinine.
Benning is overpaying for aging, supporting talent. Bad, bad move. Myers blows bad.