The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:00 pm
BigTuna wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:56 am And whoops, Looks like there is a no need to get another Dman. Travis Dermott is the real deal. Great scouting Hunter!
Wait... Dermott is an established NHL defenseman after 10 NHL games averaging 16 minutes per game??

Never change typical delusional koolaid-slurping Leaves fans!! :lol:

And yes Leaves... PLEASE... go into the playoffs with that pathetic dee group! :thumbs:
This from a guy who said Morgan Rielly was terrible and not a top 4 DMan.
Is Kadri still horribly overpaid at 4.5 million per? Is Andersen still a terrible goalie.
Forgive me if I don't take your biased analysis seriously.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:34 am Hey Toon-a, it must sting Bigly time seeing Boeser getting drafted ahead of Marner on every 2015 re-draft. Did you watch the All-Star game? Watch out for our other 2015 draft pick - Adam Gaudette. He's a beaut.

Elias Pettersen says hi from way up top of the SHL scoring leader board. You see all the votes he's getting for the no. 1 ranked NHL team afffiliated prospect?
Boeser is a stud and much better than Marner right now. That said, are you comfortable that you are seeing Marner at his peak? He is only a 55-60 poimnt player? Because I don't. He'll get 70-80 points next season easily. He's a true blue chipper.

Marner is close to being on pace to 60 points again. If he does it, he'll be the only player with 2 from the 2015 draft. And poor Coyotees taking Strome instead of Marner. What a bust at #3 overall.

I'm glad the Canucks have nice prospects but Marner/Matthews/Nylander are all 21 and under. It's not like their future is not good.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:30 am
BigTuna wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:56 am And whoops, Looks like there is a no need to get another Dman. Travis Dermott is the real deal. Great scouting Hunter!
Wait... Dermott is an established NHL defenseman after 10 NHL games averaging 16 minutes per game??

And yes Leaves... PLEASE... go into the playoffs with that pathetic dee group! :thumbs:
Right, you can't see how delusional it is to call Dermott an established NHL dman after 10 NHL games @ 16 minutes per game.

And I never said Rielly was "terrible and not a top 4 DMan" in fact check it out:
Strangelove wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:46 pm Rielly is a young top-4 dee, but not necessarily a bargain at $5M (and he's having a poor season).
So you see, you base your arguments on make-believe...

BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:30 am Is Kadri still horribly overpaid at 4.5 million per?
I never said Kadri was "horribly overpaid", here is our conversation about him:
Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:54 pm
BigTuna wrote: I never want to see Kadri go. 4.5 million for a 30 goal, 60 point two-way centre in his prime? Never move those guys.

But of course Doc feels Kadri should be getting about 2 million per season. He knows his stuff.
Nope, Kadri is more of a 23 goal, 46 point centre who doesn't kill penalties.

8 goals in his last 29 games (inc playoffs) is a 22.6 goal pace over 82 games.

Kadri has 115 goals in 412 NHL games (inc playoffs) = 22.8 goal pace over 82 games.

He is what he is.

Sure he feasted on the NHL's number one PP earlier in the season

... but then teams began to figure that shit out.

And I don't recall ever saying how much money I think he ought to be making...
(btw which one of us is closer to the truth based on his numbers this season)

More proof you base your arguments on make-believe...

BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:30 am Is Andersen still a terrible goalie.
What I have said about Andersen is that he's inconsistent and tends to choke in big games.

I see no reason to change that opinion.

BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:30 am Forgive me if I don't take your biased analysis seriously.
Now that I have exposed the truth regarding your false accusations about my past claims

... can we get back to talking about my "analysis" of your delusional 10-sheltered-games of Dermott conclusion? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Holy Gay Batman

check out those unis for the outdoor game... wretched .

thought they were supposed to pay homage to the Royal Canadian Navy not the midshipmen Annapolis unis of United States Navy ...there are like 23 other american teams that can do that...
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

[/quote]

Right, you can't see how delusional it is to call Dermott an established NHL dman after 10 NHL games @ 16 minutes per game.

And I never said Rielly was "terrible and not a top 4 DMan" in fact check it out:
Strangelove wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:46 pm Rielly is a young top-4 dee, but not necessarily a bargain at $5M (and he's having a poor season).
So you see, you base your arguments on make-believe...

BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:30 am Is Kadri still horribly overpaid at 4.5 million per?
I never said Kadri was "horribly overpaid", here is our conversation about him:
Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:54 pm
BigTuna wrote: I never want to see Kadri go. 4.5 million for a 30 goal, 60 point two-way centre in his prime? Never move those guys.

But of course Doc feels Kadri should be getting about 2 million per season. He knows his stuff.
Nope, Kadri is more of a 23 goal, 46 point centre who doesn't kill penalties.

8 goals in his last 29 games (inc playoffs) is a 22.6 goal pace over 82 games.

Kadri has 115 goals in 412 NHL games (inc playoffs) = 22.8 goal pace over 82 games.

He is what he is.

Sure he feasted on the NHL's number one PP earlier in the season

... but then teams began to figure that shit out.

And I don't recall ever saying how much money I think he ought to be making...
(btw which one of us is closer to the truth based on his numbers this season)

More proof you base your arguments on make-believe...

BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:30 am Is Andersen still a terrible goalie.
What I have said about Andersen is that he's inconsistent and tends to choke in big games.

I see no reason to change that opinion.

BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:30 am Forgive me if I don't take your biased analysis seriously.
Now that I have exposed the truth regarding your false accusations about my past claims

... can we get back to talking about my "analysis" of your delusional 10-sheltered-games of Dermott conclusion? :mex:
[/quote]

I love the irony about you saying Dermott hasn't played enough right after you brag about the Canucks prospects who have never played a game.
And you might want to check Kadri's stats. He has a shot at 30 goals/60 points again. For 4.5 million per he's a steal indeed.
And please tell me about Andersen's stats in the playoffs..I'm confused. They are very good. You actually knocked his regular season play as well BTW.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

It’s very understandable that toona has a great mental grasp of irony and make believe...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:25 am I love the irony about you saying Dermott hasn't played enough right after you brag about the Canucks prospects who have never played a game.
Yeahno, I haven't proclaimed any "prospects who have never played a game" to be established NHLers

... as you did with Da Mutt.

BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:25 am And you might want to check Kadri's stats. He has a shot at 30 goals/60 points again.
Right now Kadri is on a 26-goal 50-point pace.

As per my quote above (end of last season) I said he's "more of a 23 goal, 46 point centre" than a "30 goal, 60 point centre".

AGAIN: Which one of us is right at this particular point in the season?

BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:25 am And please tell me about Andersen's stats in the playoffs..I'm confused. They are very good. You actually knocked his regular season play as well BTW.
Actually NO, his playoff stats are NOT "very good". (.915 career sv%)

Last year in the playoffs his save percentage was 12th out of the 13 goalies to play more than 5 games.

And recall I said he's inconsistent in "his regular season play"... which was further established this season.

Now where's that apology for misquoting me on Rielly/Kadri/Andersen there Mr Make Believe! :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Horton
Lupul
Soshnikov

They cheat and circumvent the cap. Does the league have the balls to call them out?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Horton was LTIR BEFORE he got traded to the leaves. How is that cheating? Should it count against the cap? It did not for Columbus.
Lupul will never play hockey again he is in such bad shape. He recently admitted this in his own words months after that tweet that you are putting so much stock into. The NHL gave an independant physical to Lupul and the result was the same.
Soshnikov was traded.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Toona gonna hate us even more in 1-2 years from now :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:03 am Horton was LTIR BEFORE he got traded to the leaves. How is that cheating? Should it count against the cap? It did not for Columbus.
Lupul will never play hockey again he is in such bad shape. He recently admitted this in his own words months after that tweet that you are putting so much stock into. The NHL gave an independant physical to Lupul and the result was the same.
Word on the street is that both players were attempting comebacks for last season

... but were told they weren't welcome and would rot in the minors if they passed their physicals.

Remember this my dear Tuna: Cheaters never prosper. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:07 pm
BigTuna wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:03 am Horton was LTIR BEFORE he got traded to the leaves. How is that cheating? Should it count against the cap? It did not for Columbus.
Word on the street is that both players were attempting comebacks for last season

... but were told they weren't welcome and would rot in the minors if they passed their physicals.

Best thing they both could have done then was comeback hard and play in the minors COUNTING against the cap! :mrgreen:
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:07 pm

From where exactly? Lupul and Horton can't play hockey. What comeback if you're not medically cleared?
Both Lupul and Horton will never play an NHL game again. I guarantee. Your little rumours from Leaf-haters was wrong.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

rats19 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:23 am Toona gonna hate us even more in 1-2 years from now :mex:
Oh because of your good young players, right? leaves are currently 4th overall in the stangdings. Do you honestly expect them to be worse next season?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:16 am
rats19 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:23 am Toona gonna hate us even more in 1-2 years from now :mex:
Oh because of your good young players, right? leaves are currently 4th overall in the stangdings. Do you honestly expect them to be worse next season?
It’s not about the laffs toon...