The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by 2Fingers »

BigTuna wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 am
micky107 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:00 am
BigTuna wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:31 am
micky107 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:10 am Nylander has no mmph to his game. He is a softy. He quivers at the though of the hard play. But that's what playoffs are. :idea:
Pettersson can play nastier. Book it.
Pettersen will end up hurt a lot like last season then.
So you think star players have to be pussies. I see.
With Kadri gone, you gonna have to buy one of them big ole semi trucks full of kitty litter then in Hog Village.
Maybe another one full of Kleenex for the fans in April. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>again.
Yes because Leaves are screwed with a guy who gets suspended every year and costs them series...
Interesting you say that. Does it mean without him you will miss his style of play and thus win less games?

Are you saying without him the Laughs will miss the playoffs? Well Tuna man, that’s deep thinking and a high probability of happening.
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Been away for a few days and was just checking in to see if a certain maple leaf loving turd was crowing about another "major" championship being won in Toronto as Seth Rollins defeated Brock Lesnar at wwe summerslam on Sunday. Truly the city of champions. #nobodycares
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:53 pm Well Per is biased in favour of players from his native Sweden.
:oops:

Guess there might be some truth to that....
The poor slob actually believed Jonathan Dahlen would be a big star! :lol:
Never thought "big star", but I still think he has what it takes to play in the NHL. Probably second or third line though.
The ceiling would be roughly his father's level, or today, perhaps Silfverberg?

The question now is whether he still wants it bad enough.

The players I have really gone on about as future stars are the Sedins, Henrik Lundqvist, Jakob Silfverberg, Anton Rödin and Petey.
Silfverberg hasn't really reached the potential I figured he had, but is decent enough, and Anton Rödin has suffered a number of unfortunate injuries.The others have done pretty well, imho.

Actually made a search and this seems to be my first assessment of Dahlén:
Very promising player, and he has the pedigree. That being said, he only scored 6 points (5G+1A) in 7 games at the WJC, whereas his dad scored 15... (7G+8A). But I guess the sketchy goaltending in the 80's could acount for at least part of the difference. :wink:

Netting almost a point per game in the Swedish second tier league, and scored even better than that when playing in the juniors. I think he could be the real thing. Slightly shorter than his dad, but at 19, he could still grow an inch. Who knows?

Most SHL teams have him at the top of their shopping list for next season,
If the Canucks want to wait a season before bringing him over, a SHL season could be the logical choice.

I don't know, but it feels like the Canucks are beginning to have quite a few promising prospects.
The future looks bright! < cue Doc, two to three years... >
So, sure, I said "very promising" and "could be the real thing", and I stand by that, but I also had a lot of qualifiers, and I never said "big star".
Nylander has only ever played ONE "full season" btw
What? He misses one game in 2016/17, and the entire season doesn't count? :eh:

He has played two 61 point seasons, which to me indicates he is a 60 point player.

The two partial seasons he has played (as a rookie and last season, with the contract issues) drag down the average and total.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/3 ... m-nylander
Last edited by Per on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:17 am
Strangelove wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:53 pm Well Per is biased in favour of players from his native Sweden.
:oops:

Guess there might be some truth to that....
Been a span since I've heard a pertinent appraisal of an aging winger, "employed", (sorry; bathroom break), by the Canucks.

Are you still here? ^

Or here>>>>Image
"evolution"
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

I love how Nylander has 2 61 point seasons in 2 full years by age 21 and 1 time late 20's 50's point players get 6-7.15 and Nylander's contract is outrageous. LOL
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BigTuna wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:24 am I love how Nylander has 2 61 point seasons in 2 full years by age 21 and 1 time late 20's 50's point players get 6-7.15 and Nylander's contract is outrageous. LOL
We like to refer to him as 7 million williom tunes.

Hey...do you think he hits double digits this year? Or...more of his usual single digit accomplishments?

We could follow along and see who scores more....eriksson or williom. Theyre about the same player so its even ya know
If you need air...call it in
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

BigTuna wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:24 am I love how Nylander has 2 61 point seasons in 2 full years by age 21 and 1 time late 20's 50's point players get 6-7.15 and Nylander's contract is outrageous. LOL
"There are even worse contracts" logic is as sloppy as "we could have drafted Point, what a wasted pick!"

The leaves paid a million more per year and one less FA eligible year as compared with Nik Ehlers. They are about as interchangeable as players get -- same age (three months difference), same type of skills, same areas to work on, same NHL production at the time of signing, drafted one after the other, same position, etc.

A very fair argument can be made that these two are players a team will want to make part of the core. That's fine, make it. But KD getting rolled is a fact. Even if your operating maxim (pay for the best talent and fill the roster with replacement level guys) is the right way to run a team, the best GMs will find a way to keep the same quality players for amounts that don't set a new market for that level of player. And thereby, save cap space.

Look, paying too much is better than paying the wrong players. The leaves have a nice set of players. But wouldn't it be nice to be able to add a little dimension to the group? An extra $3-$4 million of room increases the possibilities.
Hono_rary Canadian
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

UWSaint wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:22 am
"There are even worse contracts" logic is as sloppy as "we could have drafted Point, what a wasted pick!"

The Leaves paid a million more per year and one less FA eligible year as compared with Nik Ehlers. They are about as interchangeable as players get -- same age (three months difference), same type of skills, same areas to work on, same NHL production at the time of signing, drafted one after the other, same position, etc.

A very fair argument can be made that these two are players a team will want to make part of the core. That's fine, make it. But KD getting rolled is a fact. Even if your operating maxim (pay for the best talent and fill the roster with replacement level guys) is the right way to run a team, the best GMs will find a way to keep the same quality players for amounts that don't set a new market for that level of player. And thereby, save cap space.

Look, paying too much is better than paying the wrong players. The Leaves have a nice set of players. But wouldn't it be nice to be able to add a little dimension to the group? An extra $3-$4 million of room increases the possibilities.
"There is one better" contract is sloppy as well.

I'd rather waste a million on Nylander than 3 million on some 4th liner. You guys still don't get it...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BigTuna wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:00 am
I'd rather waste 7 million on Nylander than 3 million on some 4th liner.
Fixed for accuracy
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Canuck fan sith their mess of a cap talking about the Leaf. LOL
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Our expensive depth signings all pretty well expire right around the time our franchise assets go hunting for big coin. Too bad for you the laughs pissed it all away paying williom a million a goal...yes a million a goal williom (doesnt even include his signing bonus)

:wow:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if Luo offersheets marner? There were rumblings recently.

I sure hope not from a "leaves failure aficionado" perspective.

13mill x 5 years works for me :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BigTuna wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:06 am Canuck fan sith their mess of a cap talking about the Leaf. LOL
12;06 In the early afternoon. Pretty early ole boy. I know it's tough.
But we need you. Take it easy...

Willie aint worth the fret.
"evolution"
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:15 am Our expensive depth signings all pretty well expire right around the time our franchise assets go hunting for big coin. Too bad for you the laughs pissed it all away paying williom a million a goal...yes a million a goal williom (doesnt even include his signing bonus)

You need to sign Boeser right now. LOL
Isles have less than 8 million left in cap space. They spent all their $ on aging 50 point players.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BigTuna wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:14 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:15 am Our expensive depth signings all pretty well expire right around the time our franchise assets go hunting for big coin. Too bad for you the laughs pissed it all away paying williom a million a goal...yes a million a goal williom (doesnt even include his signing bonus)

Isles have less than 8 million left in cap space. They spent all their $ on aging 50 point players.
Boeser has zero leverage which means there isnt any panic unlike me-first-mitch the bitch and his pending 13 x 5 franchise destroying contract hes about to sign.

Theres an article somewhere about how Luo can easily accomodate that 13 a year cap hit.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

[quote="Uncle dans leg" post_id=350689 time=1565803445 user_id=17875]
[quote=BigTuna post_id=350688 time=1565802855 user_id=478]
[quote="Uncle dans leg" post_id=350686 time=1565799325 user_id=17875]
Our expensive depth signings all pretty well expire right around the time our franchise assets go hunting for big coin. Too bad for you the laughs pissed it all away paying williom a million a goal...yes a million a goal williom (doesnt even include his signing bonus)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Boeser has zero leverage which means there isnt any panic unlike me-first-mitch the bitch and his pending 13 x 5 franchise destroying contract hes about to sign.

Theres an article somewhere about how Luo can easily accomodate that 13 a year cap hit.
[/quote]

LOl mitch is never getting 13 million.

Where's that article? If he trade guys? An offerheet ould have happened already long ago.