The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rockalt
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by rockalt »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 pm Meh... not one of those guys has established himself as fuck all.

Wake me up when he wins a trade outright. Like steals a legit top 4 D or a legit top 6 forward. Two of those guys can barely hang with a team that’s bottom 3 in the league and one hasn’t suited up for a game yet.
I agree with your general sentiment but I think we have to chalk up Dahlen for Burrows as a win regardless of how Dahlen pans out. Obviously hoping that he lives up to the potential but that was a massive over payment by Dorion. Even if Dahlen barely plays in the NHL it's probably still a win.

With how Hansen turned out in San Jose, you'd think the chances are very high that will be a win as well but at the time Hansen should have had a lot more value than Burrows and Goldobin hasn't exactly lit the world on fire since joining the team. I'll be very curious to see how he fares next year.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

rockalt wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 1:09 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 pm Meh... not one of those guys has established himself as fuck all.

Wake me up when he wins a trade outright. Like steals a legit top 4 D or a legit top 6 forward. Two of those guys can barely hang with a team that’s bottom 3 in the league and one hasn’t suited up for a game yet.
I agree with your general sentiment but I think we have to chalk up Dahlen for Burrows as a win regardless of how Dahlen pans out. Obviously hoping that he lives up to the potential but that was a massive over payment by Dorion. Even if Dahlen barely plays in the NHL it's probably still a win.

With how Hansen turned out in San Jose, you'd think the chances are very high that will be a win as well but at the time Hansen should have had a lot more value than Burrows and Goldobin hasn't exactly lit the world on fire since joining the team. I'll be very curious to see how he fares next year.
Both good trades, but his best is probably Baertschi/Shinkaruk.

He's made some fairly big deals involving valuable pieces that have not worked out (Sutter/Gudbranson).

Back to the Leaves. I'll be curious to see how Dubas does. It's one thing to run the analytics machine on the farm, where you can dangle the NHL promotion to keep everyone in line. NHL is a different beast and while he's got Shanahan behind him, it'll be interesting to see what kind of respect he gets around the league.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Granlund was traded for Shinkaruk

He has had some deals that are decent and a couple where he got ass rammed. Thankfully he’s mostly been making meh deals lately so there isn’t the continued long term damage to the prospect pool. They said when I said take advantage of another GM I meant how bout score a good top 4 d man or a top 6 forward for crap.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:50 am Granlund was traded for Shinkaruk
Right, I'm getting my Flames cast-off trades mixed up.

Shink+Rasmus Andersson for Granlund and Baertshi. I suppose it all hinges how Andersson turns out.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Lol some people have asked: "Why isn't Benning trading vets for picks/prospects??"

Benning does that and same people: "Those guys haven't established themselves yet!"

Conclusion: Some people can't handle a rebuild.

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 pm Wake me up when he wins a trade outright. Like steals a legit top 4 D or a legit top 6 forward.
I tried to wake you when he stole Gudbranson and Baertschi but you were dead to the world.

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 9:49 pm Two of those guys can barely hang with a team that’s bottom 3 in the league and one hasn’t suited up for a game yet.
Leipsic (23) came in here and earned 17 minutes per night.

(only forwards with more minutes in that stretch were Horvat, Sutter, Sedins)

Dahlen (20) and Goldobin (22) are young yet, the vets-for-prospects method requires patience.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BWAHAAAAA

HE STOLE GUDBRANSON. Reminds me of the guy who tried to pinch a vintage 67 Malibu SS and ended up with a 75 Hornet.

I’m pretty sure Calgary is ok with Rasmus Andersson for Baertschi.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 2:46 pm HE STOLE GUDBRANSON. Reminds me of the guy who tried to pinch a vintage 67 Malibu SS and ended up with a 75 Hornet.
WAKE UP BLOBBY!!!

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 2:46 pm I’m pretty sure Calgary is ok with Rasmus Andersson for Baertschi.
Ass a wise guy once said: "Rasmus Andersson has not established himself as fuck all". :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Domino's falling Hard Lou to the Island Hunter tells Shanny Fuck u and your hand picked stats geek I ran the draft for years and I'm out... Troubled Times for the Maple Leaf...
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Fair bit of work for the barber.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=New+York ... e&ie=UTF-8
No joke! He'll do it.
Needs to give up hockey and join the Yankees.
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mark Hunter had some good moments but lately he's been going for size and toughness in the draft and that hasn't worked out as well compared to when they went for skill, but dude has got some talent, he'll land somewhere for sure.

https://editorinleaf.com/2018/05/22/tor ... rk-hunter/

https://editorinleaf.com/2018/05/22/tor ... r-leaving/

His big battle was with Babcock to take Marner over Hanifin in the draft, which worked out well in the short term, but I think longer term Hanifin could be more valuable to a team. meh who knows.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

olpaddy wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:19 am Domino's falling Hard Lou to the Island Hunter tells Shanny Fuck u and your hand picked stats geek I ran the draft for years and I'm out... Troubled Times for the Maple Leaf...
Only a schmuck like Shanahan would choose a snot-nosed geek like Dumbass over those experienced guys....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:43 pm
olpaddy wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:19 am Domino's falling Hard Lou to the Island Hunter tells Shanny Fuck u and your hand picked stats geek I ran the draft for years and I'm out... Troubled Times for the Maple Leaf...
Only a schmuck like Shanahan would choose a snot-nosed geek like Dumbass over those experienced guys....
ImageImage
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

SKYO wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:14 pm/

His big battle was with Babcock to take Marner over Hanifin in the draft, which worked out well in the short term, but I think longer term Hanifin could be more valuable to a team. meh who knows.
Ya, I noticed that in the Toronto (slash national) coverage that Hunter was being praised for that pick. But the reality is, the leaves probably have to give up Marner to get a defenceman as good as Hanifin, so it's kind of a wash.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Is the geek old enough to legally buy a beer? I'm guessing I have hair on my chin older than him.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:22 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 1:14 pm/

Ya, I noticed that in the Toronto (slash national) coverage that Hunter was being praised for that pick. But the reality is, the leaves probably have to give up Marner to get a defenceman as good as Hanifin, so it's kind of a wash.
I would never trade Marner for Hanafin