The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by olpaddy »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:27 pm
https://twitter.com/NicholsOnHockey/sta ... 4316286976

Chris Nichols
‏@NicholsOnHockey

Friedman: "I had a general manager say to me yesterday... 'I will bet you my house that the Islanders are going to offer-sheet someone in Toronto.'"
Juicy!!! Image

Sic 'em Lou...
The Islanders have a 1 next year their 2nd is sketchy if the Flames Miss the playoffs don't they receive it? their other 2nd belongs to Vegas who flipped it to Detroit for Tartar... The 3rd belongs to the Oilers and the 4th belongs to the Flames if the Flames Miss so they have a 1 possibly no 2,3 or 4 and u think Lou is gonna overpay for a Nylander i'm sure the leaves would love the picks anything between 8-10 mil is 2 firsts an 2nd and a 3rd anything over 10mil is 4 first rounders pretty risky for a club that isn't a playoff team... But I'm sure Doc you are out there leaving no stone unturned to see how someone can stick it to THE MAPLE LEAF... 8-) After u went out on that Joffery Lupul limb last summer as u spent every waking moment scouring the MAPLE LEAF salary cap situation I though u would learn your lesson... DOC U ARE NO MATCH FOR THE MAPLE LEAF 8-) bless your little heart for trying but JR EWING ALWAYS WINS 8-)

Looks Like I will get another good laugh as u once again lose your mind again over the comings and goings once again of the MAPLE LEAF this summer.... 8-) This thread and your participation will be entertaining as I watch u slowly lose your mind... 8-)

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Paddy, rumour is Lou is going to offer-sheet Matthews next year... 7 years at $16M AAV.

(Isles have all their picks for the following draft, so they're good to go on any/all offer-sheets)

Matthews will likely accept to get away from The Cock... and back to the good old US of A.

(Matthews wants an offer sheet next summer, that's why he is refusing to sign this summer)

And no doubt he'll get one of his Old Boys Club pals to offer-sheet Marner at the same time.

____
Try to focus on someday.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:23 pm Paddy, rumour is Lou is going to offer-sheet Matthews next year... 7 years at $16M AAV.

(Isles have all their picks for the following draft, so they're good to go on any/all offer-sheets)

Matthews will likely accept to get away from The Cock... and back to the good old US of A.

(Matthews wants an offer sheet next summer, that's why he is refusing to sign this summer)

And no doubt he'll get one of his Old Boys Club pals to offer-sheet Marner at the same time.

Should be an interesting summer for all involved The Isles,Lou, Babcock,Waldo, If Lou was smart he'd stand down its a young man's game and Waldo embarrassed Lou already if Lou and U know whats good for either of you u would take that advice and let bygones be bygones 8-) I hate to see u get all flustered if it goes the way of THE MAPLE LEAF 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

:lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

olpaddy wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:45 pm Should be an interesting summer for all involved The Isles,Lou, Babcock,Waldo, If Lou was smart he'd stand down its a young man's game and Waldo embarrassed Lou already if Lou and U know whats good for either of you u would take that advice and let bygones be bygones 8-) I hate to see u get all flustered if it goes the way of THE MAPLE LEAF 8-)
No no, it's all good.

I love it when Leafers get their hopes this high!

It makes the pain of the inevitable failure that much more severe... and palatable. :)

How many times have we been through this, so good...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:23 pm Paddy, rumour is Lou is going to offer-sheet Matthews next year... 7 years at $16M AAV.

Oh could you imagine!!!! I hope it's true. I speculated from the get go that Matthews would not be the Leaves franchise center beyond his second contract. The signing of Tavares in Leavesville reinforces any rumours that Matthews wants, or will want, to depart for a team based in the USofA.

The Islanders have ton of cap space this year, and will have an additional $12+M clearing next season. They could offer sheet Matthews and Marner at the same time themselves. Nylander also has had a bunch of chemistry with Matthews, they could offer sheet him now as he's still an unsigned RFA.

Imagine if that happened. An offer sheet to Nylander now, then to Matthews next season! If I was Lou I would offer Nylander $8Mx7 right now, then just let him talk to his buddy Matthews over the season and plant the bug that a big time offer sheet is coming his way next summer.

Hell, I almost feel as if Benning should drop an offer sheet for $7M on Nylander. The guy has put up back-to-back 61 point seasons at 22 years of age.

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser
Virtanen - Pettersson - Nylander

With Beercheese being replaced by someone better in a year or so. :D

The compensation of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, though keeps it at an almost.

Although Tanev + 2nd + Baertschi for Nylander I would do in a heartbeat.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:20 pm
olpaddy wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:45 pm Should be an interesting summer for all involved The Isles,Lou, Babcock,Waldo, If Lou was smart he'd stand down its a young man's game and Waldo embarrassed Lou already if Lou and U know whats good for either of you u would take that advice and let bygones be bygones 8-) I hate to see u get all flustered if it goes the way of THE MAPLE LEAF 8-)
No no, it's all good.

I love it when Leafers get their hopes this high!

It makes the pain of the inevitable failure that much more severe... and palatable. :)

How many times have we been through this, so good...
Night Doc Sweet Dreams 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

To make the offer sheet work as revenge, the idea is to make an offer that is matched. Offer sheet Matthews 14-15 per over 7 years. leaves can take the five 1sts or match. But offer 12.5 and make them have to match.

Do that this year to Nylander if you are Lou. Offer him 8 per x 7 years. Next year target Mathews or Mariner. If you are Lou you want them to match cause you want them in cap hell where they can’t add defensive help.
The only HW the Canucks need
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Using offer sheets to put teams in cap hell is the most commonly-conceived rationale, and it does make sense. However, offer-sheeting players to pry them out may be just as viable when you’re talking about a player like Matthews. Yeah, Lou would give up a handful of 1st round picks, but in that case he’s banking on them being from the middle of the 1st round at that point. If Matthews is the generational talent the Toronto hype machine makes him out to be, it becomes a question of quality over quantity. Besides, it’s not like Toronto has a sterling record picking outside the top ten.

Either way, any way to screw over Waldo and bring Toronto fans more misery gets my vote. Go get’em Lou!!!
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Lancer wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:48 am If Matthews is the generational talent the Toronto hype machine makes him out to be
Ya he was awesome in the playoffs :lol:

Tied for 10th in team scoring...with all those sucky defensemen :lol:

Hes going to live up to that fabled TML post season legacy of sucking ass after 82.

Maybe if the league contracts back downto 6 teams they can win another cup one day
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:07 am
Lancer wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:48 am If Matthews is the generational talent the Toronto hype machine makes him out to be
Ya he was awesome in the playoffs :lol:

Tied for 10th in team scoring...with all those sucky defensemen :lol:

Hes going to live up to that fabled TML post season legacy of sucking ass after 82.

Maybe if the league contracts back downto 6 teams they can win another cup one day
If you look at the Toronto Sport Network you will see that Toronto is now the best contender for the cup. They will have to score a lot of goals and keep the puck in the offensive zone, if not then FA will have to stand on his head.

Poor Tuna.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Wasnt Matthews already sulking in the playoffs over ice time? The Cock has already alienated him wait until Tavares gets pissy and only scores one playoff goal as well.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

One is happy to be home.
The other had to be soothed and stroked not to demand to go home.
"evolution"
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:32 am To make the offer sheet work as revenge, the idea is to make an offer that is matched. Offer sheet Matthews 14-15 per over 7 years. leaves can take the five 1sts or match. But offer 12.5 and make them have to match.

Do that this year to Nylander if you are Lou. Offer him 8 per x 7 years. Next year target Mathews or Mariner. If you are Lou you want them to match cause you want them in cap hell where they can’t add defensive help.
This thread is so going to thoroughly entertain me this summer unlike anything I've ever seen here and thats including the snowboarding soap opera and Long term stashing of Joffrey Lupul last summer... which was GOLD, GOLD JERRY GOLD... It really is amazing how people around here lose their shit over THE MAPLE LEAF and how one player who granted is in his prime decided he wanted to play for a team that he grew up cheering for and left his present one who has one playoff series win in 23 years and has been not a stable team on or off the ice and and left more money and years on the table to go home and for that the KNIVES are out is fascinating Instead of being thankful as a Canuck fan he decided not to go to U know SAN JOSE cause that really effects us he chose to go home ...

I don't have a dog in this fight other than to poke the fire with a stick to keep it burning for my own amusement cause this,the offer sheet revenge, get em Lou, Fuck the MAPLE LEAF IS GOING TO BE A FUN ONE TO WATCH... Especially the multiple offer sheet suggestion on a team that might not have u know all the picks to pull it off or since they are in the midst of a building issue might not be a spend money needlessly cause they are the ISLANDERS AND NEVER HAVE or have a player in Barzal who has put up more points than anyone on Toronto that people keep mentioning in these offer sheets and have to pay him eventually as well... Nevermind Lou is as oldschool as they come a AS LONG AS THE ISLANDERS meet out punishment deserved for a player that wanted to go home home and took less to do it... AS LONG AS HE FUCKS THE MAPLE leaves GO GET HIM LOU...

Sidenote there are two pretty popular Hockey Vlogs who both ended up in the opening montage to the player intros to the Golden Knights one is the Hockey Guy the other Steve Dangle... One a Canuck fan one a Leaf fan both know there shit but here is a video of Dangle talking bout SOME not all Canuck fans from the game this season the South Park analogy is bang on to some in this thread He nails it and gives props to the rest of us who live and let live as well and has Praise for this team and a certain player...

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Paddy,

1 - It is summer so we discuss the Laughs
2 - we may argue on most things but the hate for Toronto is large in all of us (ok most of us)
3 - I am sick and tired of CBC and Toronto Sports Network constantly talking everything about the Laughs
4 - growing up in the West there was 1 game each week and it was ALWAYS toronto, then we started to get local games but still CBC was all over everything Toronto. Fuck TO, crappy city with the most delusional fans, i can say that because I am a delusional fan of another team.