The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Curmudgeon »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:33 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:02 pm Breaking! Auston Matthews has tested positive for COVID-19.
Maple Leaves superstar Auston Matthews has tested positive for the coronavirus COVID-19, two National Hockey League sources outside Toronto have confirmed to the Toronto Sun.

Matthews, 22, has apparently gone into quarantine at his home in Arizona, hoping to be healthy enough and eligible to travel to Toronto and participate in the opening of Leaves camp on July 10.

Maple Leaves goaltender Frederik Andersen, who was spending much of the break from NHL play with Matthews’ at his Scottsdale home, did not test positive for COVID-19, the same sources indicate. Andersen is no longer living with Matthews – and is no longer in Arizona.

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nh ... r-covid-19
If he dies, that's $12M off the books for the Leaves...
I laughed way too hard at this.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I'm gonna share this here to help prevent the oligarchs from shutting down the truth:

Ed Willes on Bell and Rogers killing Matthews' COVID story
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tuuuuunaaaa???? Where are you? Come out come out from wherever you are.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

ESQ wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:35 pm I'm gonna share this here to help prevent the oligarchs from shutting down the truth:

Ed Willes on Bell and Rogers killing Matthews' COVID story
Good find. Perhaps my opinion/narrative Of slough water sucking, chocolate salty ball licking eastern media people should be better served aimed at the heads of the Media spin machine, opposed to some of the beat reporters Who actually try to do a story with facts...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 3281542146

How hilarious is this if he's traded? And the big 4 are going nowhere on the leaves.

Can someone explain why Canucks have no cap without seeing the playoffs first and Pettersen not signed?

Dubas spends his money on stars. Benning overpaid supporting talent in UFA.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

BigTuna wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:13 pm https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 3281542146

How hilarious is this if he's traded? And the big 4 are going nowhere on the Leaves.

Can someone explain why Canucks have no cap without seeing the playoffs first and Pettersen not signed?

Hilarious isn't the word that springs to mind honestly.
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

This is the Leaves thread Tuna.

The dirtay fucking Leaves thread...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BigTuna wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:13 pm https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 3281542146

How hilarious is this if he's traded? And the big 4 are going nowhere on the Leaves.

Talk to us when Toronto wins a playoff series.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

By my calculations, with Johnsson being off LTIR due to the 20-21 season's late start

... and raises to Mikheyev and Dermott...

The dirtay fucking Leaves will be losing Top-4 dmen Ceci and Barrie, along with their only tough forward Clifford.

(they will not have the cap-space to replace those guys with anything but replacement players)

AND

... they'll have to dump a $3M+ contract like Johnsson/Kerfoot/Kapanen (at the very least) just to get under the cap. :mex:

So that's four solid players going bye-byes next season.

The season after that gets even worse with Mr Andersen and Hyman demanding ~ $2M raises each

... and no cap increase.

So bye-byes to some more players in 2021.

Do you still think overpaying "the big 4" and the policy of said chaps "going nowhere" was/is a good idea? Image

Oh and they likely lose their 1st rounder this year due to dumping Marleau to... partially... escape Cap Hell, lol
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:39 pm

Talk to us when Toronto wins a playoff series.
When will Vancouver?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Ericksson: 6M x 2 more season

Sutter: 4.38 for 1 more seaso

Roussel: 3M for 2 more seasons

Beagle: 3M for 2 more seasons

Baertschi: 2.29 for 1 more seasons

Spooner: 1.03 for 1 more seaso

Luongo: 3.03M for 2 more seasons

So 23.73M in pure waste. But 4 players for 40 million, right guys?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:57 pm By my calculations, with Johnsson being off LTIR due to the 20-21 season's late start

... and raises to Mikheyev and Dermott...

The dirtay fucking Leaves will be losing Top-4 dmen Ceci and Barrie, along with their only tough forward Clifford.

(they will not have the cap-space to replace those guys with anything but replacement players)

AND

... they'll have to dump a $3M+ contract like Johnsson/Kerfoot/Kapanen (at the very least) just to get under the cap. :mex:

So that's four solid players going bye-byes next season.

The season after that gets even worse with Mr Andersen and Hyman demanding ~ $2M raises each

... and no cap increase.

So bye-byes to some more players in 2021.

Do you still think overpaying "the big 4" and the policy of said chaps "going nowhere" was/is a good idea? Image

Oh and they likely lose their 1st rounder this year due to dumping Marleau to... partially... escape Cap Hell, lol
You're going to argue the big 4 are "Overpaid" with the crap Vancouver is paying?

Vancouver has no cap and now has to trade a young core piece hilarious.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No they aren’t overpaid you idiot. The cap construction is fucked, paying 40 million to 4 guys on a 23 man roster with an 81 million dollar cap.

And yes Vancouver’s cap is also a joke but it will hopefully sort itself out in the next year or two.

I get that team sports aren’t your thing. You didn’t learn much sitting on Gordon Stuckless’s knee all those years, but you can’t tie up 50% of your cap in 16% of your roster. Now go clean your mouth.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

And any trade involving Boeser is not the result of the cap, any idiot would know that. There has been talk of trading him for at least a season as he would be a trade chip that could land a good return. When we traded for Toffoli and drafted the Pod many thought Boeser's days could be numbered, but hey its just another rumour and not really new news. This idea has been floated for awhile. But whatever, go ahead and make it a cap thing.
The only HW the Canucks need