The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:39 pm
Zaitsev will garner interest for someone desperate for a righty but it will cost.
"evolution"
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

micky107 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:59 pm
BigTuna wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:11 am
micky107 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:38 pm Well now there's a wee break between Dinosaurs and batters with .167 averages;
What's it gonna be. Tuna; Is Mitch sitting till November?
Mitch will sign a 5 year extension soon.

Leaves will upset you haters. Instead of moving a nYlander and/or Marner they will move Zaitsev and Marleau.

Guess what GM signed those two? Easily the worst contracts on the Leaves.
Thanks for responding. But why blame the last GM when the current one cannot handle pressure?
William put Kyle in a headlock and would not let go till he said uncle.
Just saying, Mitch may have been watching, taking notes, absorbing the atmosphere.
Now, he's up to bat.

What's Dubass gonna do? May I make a suggestion; Image
This has been completely proven to be untrue, so why continue with it? A guy who's 22 with 2 60 points season deserves 6.9 in this marketplace. Please look at Skinner about to get 9 million and Brock Nelson getting 6.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:19 am
This has been completely proven to be untrue, so why continue with it? A guy who's 22 with 2 60 points season deserves 6.9 in this marketplace. Please look at Skinner about to get 9 million and Brock Nelson getting 6.
I'm sorry; I know the west coast accents are very different from the east but from your tone, I think your saying your current
GM, is going to be able to; or should be able to; or the player Mitch Marner will sign; a 6.9 million dollar contract
for "ANY" amount of years. Is that Right?

Awesome! Then any offer sheets of 7.5 have a chance? Cool! We should try.....
"evolution"
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

micky107 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:52 am
BigTuna wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:19 am
I'm sorry; I know the west coast accents are very different from the east but from your tone, I think your saying your current
GM, is going to be able to; or should be able to; or the player Mitch Marner will sign; a 6.9 million dollar contract
for "ANY" amount of years. Is that Right?

Awesome! Then any offer sheets of 7.5 have a chance? Cool! We should try.....
We are talking about Nylander. The idea Dubas overpaid by millions to Nylander is hilarious. Look at the contracts guys are signing in other markets.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

We are talking about Marner.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:07 pm The idea Dubas overpaid by millions to Nylander is hilarious.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:28 pm
BigTuna wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:07 pm The idea Dubas overpaid by millions to Nylander is hilarious.
He robs from the rich to give to the effeminate?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

$10.2 million William - 7 goals 20 assists
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:19 pm $10.2 million William - 7 goals 20 assists
Hes just like Eriksson only 22 not 32 :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Eriksson can’t be any worse than Perimeter Nylander in the playoffs. $10.2 million William is putrid in the playoffs, worst than Ehlers in fact.

Go Jake!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:09 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:19 pm $10.2 million William - 7 goals 20 assists
So, you're saying he still has five 60+ points NHL seasons ahead of him, as Eriksson did at 22?

Probably the best player for Team Sweden at the recent World Championships.

Not that that says much.... :(
We thought we had a shot at a third consecutive gold, but the team never really gelled.
Lots of stars, no team. And neither Lundquist nor Markström brought their A game.

But he was the best points scorer of the entire tournament, with 18 Points in just 8 games, beating Ovechkin, Kucherov, Kusnetsov, Kane, Mantha, Hughes, Stone, Frolik, Draisaitl...
https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm/ ... ingleaders
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

No I'm saying hes dramatically overpaid and doesnt engage in the play just like Eriksson only hes 22 while Looey is 32
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:07 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:09 pm
So, you're saying he still has five 60+ points NHL seasons ahead of him, as Eriksson did at 22?

Probably the best player for Team Sweden at the recent World Championships.

Not that that says much.... :(
We thought we had a shot at a third consecutive gold, but the team never really gelled.
Lots of stars, no team. And neither Lundquist nor Markström brought their A game.

But he was the best points scorer of the entire tournament, with 18 Points in just 8 games, beating Ovechkin, Kucherov, Kusnetsov, Kane, Mantha, Hughes, Stone, Frolik, Draisaitl...
https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wm/ ... ingleaders
Nylander has always been a star during international play where the IIHF whistles are in control. Nobody here questions his talent. It's his ability to translate things to the NHL game.

That being said, he's had a pair of 60 point seasons, and all things being equal his cap hit reflects that. I mean, let's be real here, if Jeff Skinner is negotiating for $9M, then the entire pay structure of the league is out the window and not only is Nylander worth his current deal, then the Canucks are going to be paying Boeser close to $10M.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The IIHF’s Worlds is the flag football of football. A great big ice venue for the “perimeter” players who don’t like the dirty areas of the small North American ice.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:48 am The IIHF’s Worlds is the flag football of football. A great big ice venue for the “perimeter” players who don’t like the dirty areas of the small North American ice.
Lol yup. Exactly