The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Meds »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:18 am
Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:42 pm
BigTuna wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:34 pm He should instead do what Benning is doing, make sure you overpay bottom 6 palyers to have good balance. LOL
Horvat at $5.5M, Boeser rumoured to come in around $6.5M.

By the time Canucks are contenders the bad contracts you mention will be gone.

(it's the contenders that need to be careful about the cap)

Last thing a Cup-less contender wants to do is overpay their stars.

Aren't the Leaves supposed to be contenders? :drink:
You'll have Tyler Myers at 6 million. LOL. Benning has screwed you. Never overpay for crap before you sign your core.

And guess what, You aren't signing Boeser or Petterson at any discounts either. LOL
Unlike some people around here, we are under no delusions about how much Boeser and Pettersson will cost.

And btw Tuna, outside of Reilly, our $6M crap defenseman will seem like a bargain compared to what you will be seeing in terms of dollar value next season. :lol:
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Mëds wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:58 am
BigTuna wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:34 pm He should instead do what Benning is doing, make sure you overpay bottom 6 palyers to have good balance. LOL

You'll have Tyler Myers at 6 million. LOL. Benning has screwed you. Never overpay for crap before you sign your core.

And guess what, You aren't signing Boeser or Petterson at any discounts either. LOL
Unlike some people around here, we are under no delusions about how much Boeser and Pettersson will cost.

And btw Tuna, outside of Reilly, our $6M crap defenseman will seem like a bargain compared to what you will be seeing in terms of dollar value next season. :lol:

I am very realistic how much Marner is worth. He just clearly is not worth what Matthews is and I say this based on current NHL salaries. He's be the lowest goal scoring forward by far to ever get over 8 million.

Yeah but Barrie is so much better than Myers.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:43 am
Itll be funny as fuck when he turns down the laughs extension(like he did in col.) to play in van for less the second he hits ufa...

Sakic traded him because he knew where Tyson was going after this season.

Enjoy your rental tuna...i wonder if he'll get injured there playing for Team Smurf and the army of Me-firsts
If you need air...call it in
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:02 am
Itll be funny as fuck when he turns down the laughs extension(like he did in col.) to play in van for less the second he hits ufa...

Sakic traded him because he knew where Tyson was going after this season.

Enjoy your rental tuna...i wonder if he'll get injured there playing for Team Smurf and the army of Me-firsts
Sakic traded him because he has too many blue chip Ds to worry about signing. You and I both know that. They are stacked.

And 14 million for Barrie and Myers. What a double-standard you guys have in regards to the cap. LOL If you wanted Barrie, why waste the $ on Myers?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Sure buddy...he wouldn't sign an extension.

Makar and Girard are rookies and could've used TB if he was commited to the team but its been reported by credible insiders that he had let his intentions be known to Burnaby Joe that he wants to play for his hometown.

Joe got the max for him by powerfisting dumbass right in front of the entire league. :lol:
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

[quote="Uncle dans leg" post_id=349992 time=1565022296 user_id=17875]
[b]Sure buddy...he wouldn't sign an extension.[/b]

Makar and Girard are rookies and could've used TB if he was commited to the team but its been reported by credible insiders that he had let his intentions be known to Burnaby Joe that he wants to play for his hometown.

Joe got the max for him by powerfisting dumbass right in front of the entire league. :lol:
[/quote]

And what was he offered? You have no idea.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Obviously he was offered the trade for a year so he can then go where he wants.

Everyone clearly knew this except dumbass. :lol:

He was offered to Benning but since everyone knows we get him for nothing more than cap space next summer...he wasnt buying.

:lol:

Dumbass!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Mëds wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:58 am

I am very realistic how much Marner is worth. He just clearly is not worth what Matthews is and I say this based on current NHL salaries. He's be the lowest goal scoring forward by far to ever get over 8 million.

Barrie won't be there next year.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Barrie wants an 8x8. Toronto can’t do that once Marner gets his $12,Million per year. Not to mention Barrie wants to go back home in the West
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:07 am Barrie wants an 8x8. Toronto can’t do that once Marner gets his $12,Million per year. Not to mention Barrie wants to go back home in the West

Marner won't get 12. And leaves have more than 8 to sign him.

LOL @ the idea of 14 million for Barrie and Myers being a good idea
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:11 am LOL If you wanted Barrie, why waste the $ on Myers?
Because Myers didn't cost an asset. In order to clear cap, the leaves had to give up their 4th best forward and further nerf their depth.

Next year, Barrie will also be acquired without an asset, and all you'll have to show for trading Kadri is another first round exit and Kerfoot :lol:

...that is if you make the playoffs, Dubas and his lotto-protected trades seems to suggest otherwise.

And now with Lightning adding Shattenkirk, it looks like the leaves will continue to be Stamkos's bitch.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The leaves are not built for the playoffs. Too small, too soft, too many skilled perimeter players afraid of going to the dirty areas. They keep getting smaller by the day with recent additions - Read, Barrie, Kerfoot, Petan etc. They traded their only player - Kadri who could play a tough gritty game. The leaves folded like a cheap tent once Kadri was suspended in the playoffs. They are too fragile, especially when you have a forward group littered with big ice IIHF soft Perimeter players like Nylander who don’t like getting hit
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Sakic and Benning danced around Barrie for a few days. Barrie let it be known he wanted to play for Vancouver. Benning knew this so he wasn’t prepared to offer up a first in 2019. There was talk of a conditional first next year or 2021, this is before Miller was acquired. But one of the conditions Benning wanted was subject to Barrie signing an extension. Sakic wanted nothing to do with that.

Anyway, I’ve been told that nothing was imminent. Sakic didn’t really make a serious offer, neither did Benning. Both knew that Barrie could hit FA next summer.

Now he is a Leaf and realistically anything is possible. He could fall in love with Toronto, love the team, love the playoff push, believe the team will contend for the next 5-6 years and decide he wants to be there. It’s certainly not a given that he will hit FA now whereas with the Avs he wanted to test FA and made that clear.

And had Benning made the deal he probably wouldn’t have traded for Miller. He was going after Myers regardless. Certainly if we try to add Barrie as a FA we need to clear a lot of cap next year. Tanev for sure will have to go. Ericksson and Sutter for sure will need to go. We’ll have two years left on Luongo’s cap recapture and one year of Edler’s 6M. So things get easier each year over the next three years but I’m not sure we can fit in Barrie at 8M so soon.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:38 am
BigTuna wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:11 am LOL If you wanted Barrie, why waste the $ on Myers?
Because Myers didn't cost an asset. In order to clear cap, the leaves had to give up their 4th best forward and further nerf their depth.

Next year, Barrie will also be acquired without an asset, and all you'll have to show for trading Kadri is another first round exit and Kerfoot :lol:
Wet Fart Kerfoot. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:41 am I’m not sure we can fit in Barrie at 8M so soon.
Just need to move Eriksson (with a sweetener) and as you say, Tanev would be traded.
____
Try to focus on someday.