The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Steve Simmons is suggesting Lupul did something really bad and the leaves have kept it quiet AND paid his 10 million.
So you're suggesting they blackmailed Lupul into going along with their little scheme?
Paying someone 10 million AND protecting his reputation is blackmail I guess?
You said the Leaves did TWO things for Lupul "kept it quiet AND paid his 10 million".

Yes, keeping a reputation-damaging secret "quiet" in return for a favour = blackmail.

Also note there was no way to get out of paying him his 10 million, so no favour there...
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Steve Simmons is suggesting Lupul did something really bad and the leaves have kept it quiet AND paid his 10 million.
So you're suggesting they blackmailed Lupul into going along with their little scheme?
Paying someone 10 million AND protecting his reputation is blackmail I guess?
You said the Leaves did TWO things for Lupul "kept it quiet AND paid his 10 million".

Yes, keeping a reputation-damaging secret "quiet" in return for a favour = blackmail.

Also note there was no way to get out of paying him his 10 million, so no favour there...
If he did something that could be breach of contract they could potentially get out of it.
And I said the leaves kept it quiet. As in they did not leak it to the media.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: If he did something that could be breach of contract they could potentially get out of it.
Are you reaching because you are in damage-control mode? :D

Ever hear about any of those Leaves Teammate's Wife Rumours?
BigTuna wrote: And I said the leaves kept it quiet. As in they did not leak it to the media.
... in exchange for him allegedly going along with their little scheme? (= blackmail).

EDIT: Here's the story:

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/09/18/si ... o-about-it
From the leaves’ end, it means Lupul ostensibly violated the spirit of the agreement he made with the team. Basically, he agreed to disappear silently to California and, in exchange for that absence, he would be paid in full, the $5.25 million — $10.5 million if you include last season — remaining on his contract. All the leaves asked of him was to be invisible.

For some reason, Lupul got cheeky on Sunday. He was momentarily visible on social media. He pointed the finger at the leaves, before withdrawing it. Either someone told him to take down his post or he realized the foolish position he had put himself in.

He called the leaves cheaters — but when given the opportunity to appeal, he chose not to. Word around for some time has been that there is more to this story, that the leaves have something on the veteran winger. Something damaging they just might release should Lupul become an annoyance to them. Either he was reminded of that on Sunday or an agent reminded him or maybe he just had the sense himself to take the post down.
That right there is a blackmail story.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

If Lou were still in Jersey, would he lance Boyle?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I just want the leaves to pay.

Over the years:
They offersheeted Ohlund.
They tried to sign the Sedins.
They ratted the team out a possible tampa trade offer. (hedman)
and they screwed the canucks over with the luongo rule, burke fought hard to get.

& the cherry on top Kadri blindside hit on Daniel Sedin with no league discipline.

*as an aside, why I want at least Dorsett/Guds/Virtanen in the lineup, at least have some pushback there for when the Kadri's, Marchand's, Hanzal's and Burns start trying to take out the Sedins or whoever else on the team.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Strangelove wrote:
olpaddy wrote: With all due respect to the snowboarder in question where is everyone visceral outrage when Chris Pronger gets his rights traded on trade deadline day 2 years in a row 4 yrs after he plays his last game while working in the League office NOT ONE TEAM not involved in those Pronger deals got upset I don't recall any moral outrage... Marc Savard at home with his blinds closed sitting in the dark only to be told his rights have been traded to the Panthers...
The difference is no one said Pronger/Savard were fit to play

Lupul is saying he's fit to play.

Do you see the difference?
olpaddy wrote: Or closer to home Mike Gillis telling the world Malhotra can no longer play cause its to dangerous for the player when in essence the player played a couple of more seasons after being squeezed out here...

The only thing in danger was the Canucks Cap situation and Malhotra paid the price
Ahhh but your Vancouver Canucks never received a Cap benefit after Gillis shut Manny down!

Manny went on the IR... not the LTIR.
olpaddy wrote: And truth betold I always found it a tad SKETCHY and rather convenient that Sami Salo ruptured his Achilles playing floor hockey in the summer of the Cup Run which, allowed us to keep Juice whom, it was widely speculated on given the cap ramifications would of been the odd man out... Cause the Canucks were OVER THE CAP and would have to get under... Hey Sami It Mike calling can you do us a solid and take most of the year off until this dust settles and come back then Here's a couple bucks for your troubles see ya in the New year thanks...
REALLY??

Salo never actually ruptured his Achilles Tendon?!!

Talk about a "reach"! :lol:
olpaddy wrote: The leaves are not the first team to fuck a player over to get ahead and use the system to their advantage and they sure as hell won't be the last...
No, but since Lou arrived, they have set a record for allegedly fucking players over.

Note that I have referenced Leaves alleged mistreatment of many players above, not just Lupul.

And lest we forget the alleged major fucking over of one Mike Peluso when Lou was in Jersey.
Doc your disdain for the leaves notwithstanding, Nobody Cares this is a league issue that has gone on forever... As far as the Martyr Shaun White err joffery Lupul who wants to be the Rosa Parks and be the activist with his cause to Play... Go through the proper channels Lawyer UP get a second independent opinion get 3 get documentation and doctors notes saying u r cleared bring a Lawsuit or GO SNOWBOARDING and COLLECT A CHEQUE and whine like a bitch on social Media on that Leaf Money...

They all cheat Doc... the leaves,Devils Bruins Canucks and No I will not back off of Malhotra or Sami Ruptered Achillies Salo the events in which transpired were SKETCHY to say the least on Sami lets take a trip back shall we...

Canucks confirmed the latest injury in a terse release.
"Sami Salo suffered an Achilles tear while training and is out indefinitely pending further evaluation,'' the team said Friday. "There will be no further comment from the club or Salo at this time." INSERT EYE ROLL HERE But I digress...

Salo's agent Bill Zito did not immediately return a telephone call. Nothing Sketchy about that tho again Doc whats the recovery time for a Ruptured Achillies on a 35 yr old Defenseman these days??? whatever it is it was just enough time to help us out of our CAP RELATED ISSUES...

lest we forget this little nugget of sketchiness

Canuck GM Mike Gillis confirmed that defenceman Sami Salo has indeed had surgery on his torn Achilles tendon and is currently in a cast. The oft-injured Salo, whose body appears made of glass, was reportedly injured during a floorball game in Finland In two weeks Gillis intends to dispatch medical trainer Mike Burnstein to see Salo and and his Finnish doctors when Salo is ready for his “next evaluation”. Gillis said the Canucks won’t have any further news on Salo until that time. “Sami is obviously very upset about what’s happened,” Gillis said. The prognosis for this type of injury is 3-5 months. “It’s very disappointing,” added the GM.

3-5 months for a RUPTURED ACHILLIES????

Sami Made a REMARKABLE RECOVERY JUST IN TIME FOR THE PLAYOFFS to begin and OUR CAP issues to be put in the rear view mirror but Hey Im sure EVERYTHING WAS ABOVE BOARD...

They all cheat Doc whether they are Hated like your leaves or Beloved like the Hometown team...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Paddy, no offense but you are INSANE to keep pushing your Salo-not-injured horseshit.

You're just straight up pulling horseshit out of your ass!

Wait... :?

Same with Manny... as I said he did NOT go on LTIR

... so the cap benefit you claimed happened, never actually happened!

Also, you missed the edited part of my post:
Strangelove wrote: True, but since Lou arrived, they have set a record for allegedly fucking players over.

Note that I have referenced Leaves alleged mistreatment of many players above, not just Lupul.

And lest we forget the alleged major fucking over of one Mike Peluso when Lou was in Jersey.

EDIT: Also in Joisey, Lou fucked Mogilny and Malakhov HARD.

He signed Almo to a 2-year $7M contract in 2005.

Then, after scoring 25 points in 35 games, Lou sent him to the minors for the rest of the season.

Why? Because he needed the cap-room for Elias, who was returning from injury.

(entire cap-hit of players sent down came off the books in those days)

Mogilny played the rest of the season for the River Rats... and then retired.

Obviously part of Lou's evil plan was to force Mogilny into retirement.

As for Malakhov, Lou told him they didn't want him on the team any longer.

Told him they wanted to trade him, asked if he would he please waive his NTC.

Malakhov agreed... Lou immediately assigned him to the River Rats.

Malakhov asked for a leave of absence.

Lou denied said leave and announced Malakhov had retired from the NHL.

E V I L

Also note, at an opportune time for the Devils (cap-recapture penalty came in)

... Kovalchuk retired from the NHL, walking away from $77M in guaranteed money.

Gee I wonder what possessed him to do that...

There are other stories from New Jersey, culminating in the

"Lou stripped of GM duties due to the fact too many players hated him" story.
Admit it, the GM of your precious Maple Leaves is a different kind of A N I M A L.

Remember THIS:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 54405.html

Ever see the movie “Horrible Bosses” and wonder where they came up with all their material? Probably from Lou Lamoriello as noted in a $2.25 million lawsuit filed in U.S. District court by former president of Devils Arena Entertainment, Richard Krezwick.

There’s a lot of legal mumbo jumbo and stuff, but here is the best part, by far, which is buried way low in the NJ.com story about this. Why? I don’t know because it’s incredible:

Several weeks after Krezwick learned he would be let go, several of his senior managers were fired by the Devils, the lawsuit says.

“Lamoriello physically positioned himself in a chair at the base of the employee elevator of the arena so that he could watch these individuals pass by with their boxes of personal belongings in order to leave the building directly after they were fired and to laugh as they passed by, as to take credit for their firing,” the lawsuit adds.
There were reasons Marty Brodeur declined a front office position alongside LL in Jersey...
____
Try to focus on someday.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Doc... Im Not a Leaf fan I don't get worked up about them like you do which is very unhealthy...
VANCOUVER — A potentially career-threatening injury to defenceman Sami Salo changes everything for the Vancouver Canucks this summer.

Salo is likely out for at least three months, and probably a lot longer, after suffering a torn Achilles tendon while playing floorball (floor hockey) in Finland. His injury throws a wrench into the team's off-season plans.

Canucks defenceman Sami Salo is out indefinitely with a torn Achilles tendon.
IAN LINDSAY / POSTMEDIA NEWS ARCHIVES
Canucks defenceman Sami Salo is out indefinitely with a torn Achilles tendon.
For starters, Kevin Bieska's days as a member of the Canucks may no longer be numbered.

Bieksa and his US$3.5 million salary have been on the trading block given the teams dire salary cap issues as he was deemed expendable with the acquisitions of Keith Ballard and Dan Hamhuis. Now everything changes. Salo could be gone until Christmas and while the Canucks thought they could live without Bieksa, they likely can't afford to be without both Bieksa and Salo.

But I continue to DIGRESS... We got a gift from God with that cough cough Injury....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Salmi's injury was very legit. I remember it well.

What was suspect was his delayed return. Bieksa was all but traded that summer but then Salo got injured. Bieksa played great, our D was great that year. Salo's return was definetly dragged out including his conditioning stint.

We're the Canucks guilty? Ya. But not egregiously so. An argument could be made they wanted to be sure the Glass man was 100%. But I would buy into the conspiracy theory on that.

But what other teams have done is very blatant in comparison. Like the cap circumvention where teams just cheated a bit compared to the Luongo contract that was way over the line. Degrees. Degrees.

Just because all teams do it doesn't make it right. And uncle Lou, well he has a reputation for skirting the rules and fucking players over. He's a throw back to the no nonsense I'm in charge type of GM.
The only HW the Canucks need
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Hockey Widow wrote:Salmi's injury was very legit. I remember it well.

What was suspect was his delayed return. Bieksa was all but traded that summer but then Salo got injured. Bieksa played great, our D was great that year. Salo's return was definetly dragged out including his conditioning stint.

We're the Canucks guilty? Ya. But not egregiously so. An argument could be made they wanted to be sure the Glass man was 100%. But I would buy into the conspiracy theory on that.

But what other teams have done is very blatant in comparison. Like the cap circumvention where teams just cheated a bit compared to the Luongo contract that was way over the line. Degrees. Degrees.

Just because all teams do it doesn't make it right. And uncle Lou, well he has a reputation for skirting the rules and fucking players over. He's a throw back to the no nonsense I'm in charge type of GM.
From the leaves’ end, it means Lupul ostensibly violated the spirit of the agreement he made with the team. Basically, he agreed to disappear silently to California and, in exchange for that absence, he would be paid in full, the $5.25 million — $10.5 million if you include last season — remaining on his contract. All the leaves asked of him was to be invisible.

the leaves remain steadfast that they have done nothing wrong here, even though there is an appearance of scandal. Lupul isn’t talking. His agents, one for contracts, one for marketing, didn’t return calls on Monday. The NHL Players’ Association indicated on Monday that Lupul had three days to appeal the results of his medical exam — and he did not file an appeal.

Which means what?

HW Salo and Manny and Louongo Never Looked good on the outside and down the road none of those deals still do Having said all that NOBODY COMPLAINED and u know why cause everybody in the League does it if the League wanted it stopped it would be stopped and teams would get fined.... As far as this story here is more...

Word around for some time has been that there is more to this story, that the leaves have something on the veteran winger. Something damaging they just might release should Lupul become an annoyance to them. Either he was reminded of that on Sunday or an agent reminded him or maybe he just had the sense himself to take the post down.

He has no leverage here. Had the leaves bought him out, he would have received just two-thirds of his salary over twice the length of term of the contract. That’s $7 million over four years instead of $10.5 million over two. Had he forced the issue, the leaves would have dispatched him to the minors, and probably somewhere lower than the AHL. He could play, assuming he is able, and ride the bus from one nowhere town to another.

Or he could play golf in California and have his green fees paid for and have a whole lot more than that.

Before camp began, Lupul wasn’t seen skating, not in or around Toronto and not with the NHL groups in California getting ready for the season. If you wanted to, I’m told, you could find him most days on the golf course. He seems quite able to play 18 holes.

Lupul may or may not be injured. The leaves may or may not be skirting the rules here. This didn’t pass the smell test a year ago and still doesn’t necessarily today.

But the truth remains the truth in some part: The leaves don’t want him, are willing to pay for him to stay away, and they know, deep down, that there’s not a damn thing he can do about it.

The leaves are doing Joffery Dirty... My response is.... SO.... AND...

Sounds Like Joffery wants to Play INSERT EYE ROLL HERE but truth betold if there was some form of an agreement not to maybe play then maybe the leaves go looking for that Money back... Im sure Joffery would return every penny of that 10.5 Large to clear his conscience... :lol:

Maybe he could find it on the Golf course or on the mountain he was Snowboarding on... I know this chafes The good Doctors ass cause he thought he had those dastardly leaves dead to Rights :lol: :lol:

Another time perhaps... 8-)
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Anything, anything and I mean anything to frack the Laughs is good in my books.

Toronto Sports Net aka TSN is so fracking Laughs happy that I would love to see AM get hurt game 1 and their season implode. Frack that whole franchise and TSN. TSN is shit now a days and I hope that network dies a short very painful death.

Screw everything leaves.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

As bad as the canucks have been to us as fans at least they've had teams over the years that compete and came close. Its been what...50+ years since the leaves have done anything whatsoever? Have they even won a playoff round other than 94 with that juggernaut with gilmour and wendy? Predating moon landings, disco music, even the soldier of everything Laughs tuna himself :lol:

Only relics from ancient history like OLD Paddy can recall a time when the crusty cornflake of despair meant anything other than futility and disappointment.
Edit-sorry op nothing personal about you
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

olpaddy wrote: From the leaves’ end, it means Lupul ostensibly violated the spirit of the agreement he made with the team. Basically, he agreed to disappear silently to California and, in exchange for that absence, he would be paid in full
If true, that "agreement" would be a violation of the law and the CBA.
olpaddy wrote: Lupul had three days to appeal the results of his medical exam — and he did not file an appeal.
Actually he has until 5:00 PM (EDT) Thursday.
olpaddy wrote: Word around for some time has been that there is more to this story, that the leaves have something on the veteran winger. Something damaging they just might release should Lupul become an annoyance to them. Either he was reminded of that on Sunday or an agent reminded him or maybe he just had the sense himself to take the post down.
As I said, that right there is a blackmail story.
olpaddy wrote: The leaves are doing Joffery Dirty... My response is.... SO....
SO.... mistreating this many players to this extent will come back to bite them in the ass!

:thumbs:
olpaddy wrote: ... if there was some form of an agreement not to maybe play then maybe the leaves go looking for that Money back... Im sure Joffery would return every penny of that 10.5 Large to clear his conscience... :lol:
Well... ipso facto... Leaves would be guilty of insurance fraud, blackmail

... and violating the CBA:

CBA 16.11(f) The Commissioner may take whatever steps he deems necessary to investigate the circumstances under which a Player is: (i) placed, or remains, on the Injured Reserve List, or (ii) designated Injured Non-Roster. If the Commissioner has reason to believe that the Injured Reserve List or Injured Non-Roster status has not been utilized properly by the involved Club or otherwise Circumvents any provision of this Agreement, or if he determines that the Club has used the Injured Reserve and/or Injured Non-Roster designations to evade the Active Roster limit, he may take such disciplinary action against the Club as he deems appropriate.
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Lupul has until tomorrow to request another physical. Why has he not?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:Lupul has until tomorrow to request another physical. Why has he not?
Blackmail?
____
Try to focus on someday.