The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Per wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:20 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:07 pm
BigTuna wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:43 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:36 pm So what’s the word on Muzzin and Barrie as they approach their UFA retirement contracts this July?
I don't think either are coming back. They have Rielly, Holl, Lilljegren, Sandin signed and Dermott is RFA with 13 million in cap.
A trade for 1 more Dman will likely happen.

Leaf fans hear every year LLeafs are doomed and everyome is leaving. No worry here.
Liljegren and Sandin have played in the AHL all season and both are 5’-11” 185 lbs. Are you replacing two cagey vets with those two?
Did you see Sandin at the World Juniors? He's NHL ready. Brilliant on the power play with tape to tape passes and a lethal shot through traffic.
Sure, he'll do his share of rookie mistakes, kids sometimes forget to play it safe, but hey - I'd want him on my team any day.
Too bad he ended up in Toronto... I still feel sorry for Salming and Sundin never getting a fair shot at a cup. :look:
We don’t need this kind of speak from you in this thread, Per.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:36 pm So what’s the word on Muzzin and Barrie as they approach their UFA retirement contracts this July?
I don't think either are coming back. They have Rielly, Holl, Lilljegren, Sandin signed and Dermott is RFA with 13 million in cap.

Leaf fans hear every year LLeafs are doomed and everyome is leaving. No worry here.
Liljegren and Sandin have played in the AHL all season and both are 5’-11” 185 lbs. Are you replacing two cagey vets with those two?
Did you see Sandin at the World Juniors? He's NHL ready. Brilliant on the power play with tape to tape passes and a lethal shot through traffic.
Sure, he'll do his share of rookie mistakes, kids sometimes forget to play it safe, but hey - I'd want him on my team any day.
Too bad he ended up in Toronto... I still feel sorry for Salming and Sundin never getting a fair shot at a cup. :look:
Somehow he thinks Sandin and Lillegren can't replace a Ceci or Muzzin. Both are fantastic prospects.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:00 am

Somehow he thinks Sandin and Lillegren can't replace a Ceci or Muzzin. Both are fantastic prospects.
Didn’t you say Bracco was a fantastic prospect?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:06 am
BigTuna wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:00 am

Didn’t you say Bracco was a fantastic prospect?
He is a very good prospect but Sandin is in another league.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Anyhoo, we are getting off track here: Dubas' trade down to 29th overall and picking Sandin looks freaking brilliant. Isn't great cheap D exactly what they need? They also have Lilljegren ready to go.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:03 am You fon't give 4th liners 3 million per for 4 years.
Ahhh so that's how the Leaves have won all those Cups of late!

Wait...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:22 pm Anyhoo, we are getting off track here: Dubas' trade down to 29th overall and picking Sandin looks freaking brilliant. Isn't great cheap D exactly what they need? They also have Lilljegren ready to go.
Sandin has played 6 games in the NHL and averaged 12 minutes per.

Liljegren is yet to play an NHL game.

Remember when you prematurely raved about how good Dermott was going to be?

"Brilliant" :lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Sandin almost hitting those Rafferty numbers!

Too bad everyone in Toronto wants to trade him for help with the disastrous blue line...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol Cafferty is five years older than Sandin
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Take the blinders off, Blob. Don't be so short-sighted. Rafferty is playing with one-eye open towards an NHL career.

Hockey people who know says he possesses both high IQ and vision. You're going to see how good he is. He passes both the analytics and the eye test.

Watch the games, man.

8-)
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:32 pm Take the blinders off, Blob. Don't be so short-sighted. Rafferty is playing with one-eye open towards an NHL career.

Hockey people who know says he possesses both high IQ and vision. You're going to see how good he is. He passes both the analytics and the eye test.

Watch the games, man.

8-)
Lol ok. He’s almost bald too. The guy looks like he’s 45.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:34 pm
Hank wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:32 pm Take the blinders off, Blob. Don't be so short-sighted. Rafferty is playing with one-eye open towards an NHL career.

Watch the games, man.

8-)
Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle----trying to tell Doyle "Brogan" will be just fine. Beats Fanty.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Watch the games, man.

8-)
Wisdom beyond his years
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:25 am

Watch the games, man.

8-)
Wisdom beyond his years
I thought baldness was above the ears.....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is blob talking about hair loss again?