The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:43 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:36 pm So what’s the word on Muzzin and Barrie as they approach their UFA retirement contracts this July?
I don't think either are coming back. They have Rielly, Holl, Lilljegren, Sandin signed and Dermott is RFA with 13 million in cap.
A trade for 1 more Dman will likely happen.

Leaf fans hear every year LLeafs are doomed and everyome is leaving. No worry here.
Liljegren and Sandin have played in the AHL all season and both are 5’-11” 185 lbs. Are you replacing two cagey vets with those two?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:48 pm
BigTuna wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:39 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:45 am
BigTuna wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:52 am Oh boy Willy will get 80+ points easy and ...
...and still go out in the 1st round
Against the florida Panthers with Home ice advantage? HAHA. Leaves are getting lucky this year.

Oh and don't expect Auston Matthews chained to the bench in a game 7 with Keefe in charge.
You seem confused. They will likely be on the road starting in Tampa.
NO DOUBT

____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:23 pm
BigTuna wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:52 am Oh boy Willy will get 80+ points easy and ...
Against the florida Panthers with Home ice advantage? HAHA. Leaves are getting lucky this year.

Oh and don't expect Auston Matthews chained to the bench in a game 7 with Keefe in charge.
NO DOUBT

Uh, so are the leaves?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:07 pm
BigTuna wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:43 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:36 pm So what’s the word on Muzzin and Barrie as they approach their UFA retirement contracts this July?
I don't think either are coming back. They have Rielly, Holl, Lilljegren, Sandin signed and Dermott is RFA with 13 million in cap.
A trade for 1 more Dman will likely happen.

Leaf fans hear every year LLeafs are doomed and everyome is leaving. No worry here.
Liljegren and Sandin have played in the AHL all season and both are 5’-11” 185 lbs. Are you replacing two cagey vets with those two?

Liljegren and Sandin are two of the very best and elite prospects in the AHL. Sandin might be in the NHl this week. Brilliant trade down and draft by Dubas in getting him.
Muzzin is too old and slow to keep. Not surew hat "Cagey Vets" mean. Looks like it mean overpaid to me.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Hank wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:02 pm I think Tuna should change his handle to Cherry Picker...
So ALL statistics mean I am cherry-picking?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ESQ wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:55 pm I'm quite enjoying how much the Leaves-focus is hurting Rogers.

I just hope Rogers doesn't damage the game too much by the time this money pit rights contract is up.
Yes because if they showed the Jets more they'd make a huge profit...

Rogers paid too much. That has nothing to do with the leaves. Dumping the leaves only drops revenues more.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:00 am
ESQ wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:55 pm I'm quite enjoying how much the Leaves-focus is hurting Rogers.

I just hope Rogers doesn't damage the game too much by the time this money pit rights contract is up.

Rogers paid too much. That has nothing to do with the Leaves. Dumping the Leaves only drops revenues more.
Increase Leaves coverage --> revenues drop --> close regional offices, double down on Leaves coverage --> revenues drop more.

That's the problem with basing a business model on a fickle, fairweather fanbase like Toronto.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:49 am
Strangelove wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:23 pm

NO DOUBT

duh, so are the Leaves?
Blob's point (that I agreed with) was that your dirty Leaves will NOT be facing "Panthers with Home ice advantage"...
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ESQ wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:05 pm
BigTuna wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:00 am

Rogers paid too much. That has nothing to do with the Leaves. Dumping the Leaves only drops revenues more.
Increase Leaves coverage --> revenues drop --> close regional offices, double down on Leaves coverage --> revenues drop more.

That's the problem with basing a business model on a fickle, fairweather fanbase like Toronto.
Yeah those generations of sell-outs of every game with the league's highest ticket prices sure prove that..
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:23 pm Yeah those generations of sell-outs of every game with the league's highest ticket prices sure prove that..
... Leaves fans are losers. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

A 3rd first round exit in a row for Toronto, does Dubas get fired? Somebody has to pay! Shanahan?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:26 pm
BigTuna wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:23 pm Yeah those generations of sell-outs of every game with the league's highest ticket prices sure prove that..
With the 5 straight generations of total suckage....any laughs fans would have to be raging masochistic self mutilators

Tuna must have so, so many scars on his wrists...no wonder he lashes out
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:25 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:26 pm
With the 5 straight generations of total suckage....any laughs fans would have to be raging masochistic self mutilators

Tuna must have so, so many scars on his wrists...no wonder he lashes out
Too many Queens and not enough worker Bees.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:53 am
Hank wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:02 pm I think Tuna should change his handle to Cherry Picker...
So ALL statistics mean I am cherry-picking?
When have you ever shown ALL stats? When have you ever shown UP to argue for your stats after a loss... or two, or three?

"Oh, look at how Willy is scoring this year..."

Last year: Crickets
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:18 pm A 3rd first round exit in a row for Toronto, does Dubas get fired? Somebody has to pay! Shanahan?
Wouldn't that be a 4th straight first round exit in a row?

From 2005 to 2015... 1 single playoff appearance. The Laffs from the 80's under Harold Ballard were better.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

5 generations and counting Hank. Never out of the first round (sorry those ottawa wins dont count) 8-)

This explains why he goes trolling on a canucks board. Anyone closer to Toronto would just laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh....and then laugh some more!
If you need air...call it in