The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:
BurningBeard wrote: There would be a lot less questions about his work ethic if he was playing for Chicago or Detroit.
I think his lack of work ethic would be less tolerated in either of those locker rooms.
Agreed, Aaron Ward played with Kessel in Boston, here's what AW had to say about his former teammate:

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/wa ... r-1.177228

(beginning at the 4 minute mark)

$64M cancer.

Phil: "I don't really care to be honest with you." :roll:

Tank-it Leafers are dancing with glee after every TO loss: "YAY higher draft pick!"

What they don't get is that these losses... along with the bizarro quotes that tend to follow

... are driving down the return on a must-trade guy like Kessel.

And a lesser return on a guy like Kessel... is going to hurt the "rebuild" more than a slightly higher draft pick.

It's obvious now: Phil Kessel would rather be out golfing than gutting it out in the SC playoffs.

Can you imagine what kind of shape Phat Phil will be in come age 34 (toward the end of his contract).

Phil Kessel has always been about Phil Kessel... but now the truth is out.

He's got his guaranteed retirement contract, he's done.

Teams like "Chicago or Detroit" want nothing to do with a player like this.

He's currently the worst GF/GA guy in the league and he's "uncoachable".
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

leaves don't know how to tank now.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

SKYO wrote:leaves don't know how to tank now.

That's right they can't even do that properly. We will now get inundated with the value of the Kessel-Boothe dust up.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Topper wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:There would be a lot less questions about his work ethic if he was playing for Chicago or Detroit.
I think his lack of work ethic would be less tolerated in either of those locker rooms.

Oil floats
I agree, and the point I was trying to make. I believe he needs someone to lead in the room. I think of a guy like Kane in Chicago and it makes me wonder what both players would be like if they switched places. Although at this point perhaps Kessel is beyond help. Maybe he's unmotivated even by proven leadership in the room.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

He needs an American market. Either one that is non hockey, or large enough to get lost in other sports. He is a fly under the radar type of player.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:He is a fly under the radar type of player.
Super Fly?

Some say that cat Phil is a bad mother...

Hard to stay under the radar with such a Phat contract.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Who needs radar when seismic works.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

http://www.tsn.ca/video/phaneuf-have-yo ... e-1.251767

It's awfully rare that one can say anything good about the leaves or their leadership.....but I do gotta hand it to Phaneuf on this one. He was pretty even keel despite the fact that he was obviously pissed off. And there's no question that he has done his job with the media as Captain of the team. He's not the sharpest blade on the ice, but he has taken his licks this year and been professional about it with the press.....unlike Phillis.

I'm looking forward to Monday though.....hopefully there's some juicy bits that stir up a shit storm of entertainment while we kill a few days before actually watching some real hockey teams get down to business. :lol:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Leadership as in cancelling the end of game fan salute?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So Diana is upset that he wasn't traded at the deadline. Has had enough of the media and fans in TO. That's good news for leaves because you know he will be more inclined to waive.

When Voynov gets deported, after his conviction, the Kings will have the cap room to take Diana. Perfect fit.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/video/phaneuf-have-yo ... e-1.251767

It's awfully rare that one can say anything good about the leaves or their leadership.....but I do gotta hand it to Phaneuf on this one. He was pretty even keel despite the fact that he was obviously pissed off. And there's no question that he has done his job with the media as Captain of the team. He's not the sharpest blade on the ice, but he has taken his licks this year and been professional about it with the press.....unlike Phillis.

I'm looking forward to Monday though.....hopefully there's some juicy bits that stir up a shit storm of entertainment while we kill a few days before actually watching some real hockey teams get down to business. :lol:
While considering he dips his stick in the girl next door....he ain't as dumb as...wait for it...an ambulance driver :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

For all the things said about Kessel I still wish we had a player with his speed AND shot. Like Ward said on that interview, he has a huge skill set.

I would not be that surprised to see him improve in a different market. he probably cannot walk on Yonge street without someone giving him shit. I think he needs a 'daddy' kind of coach who will treat him like the kid he is rather than assume he is a grownup with attitude problems.

One thing is for sure. if he flips the script and gets his head on straight he could challenge ovi for goals scored. i do not believe I have seen a better wrist shot. Too bad he is a punk.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

damonberryman wrote:For all the things said about Kessel I still wish we had a player with his speed AND shot. Like Ward said on that interview, he has a huge skill set.

I would not be that surprised to see him improve in a different market. he probably cannot walk on Yonge street without someone giving him shit. I think he needs a 'daddy' kind of coach who will treat him like the kid he is rather than assume he is a grownup with attitude problems.

One thing is for sure. if he flips the script and gets his head on straight he could challenge ovi for goals scored. i do not believe I have seen a better wrist shot. Too bad he is a punk.
One word.....vrbata
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

rats19 wrote:One word.....vrbata
And just like that, a heavy silence fell over the room.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Rumsfeld wrote:
rats19 wrote:One word.....vrbata
And just like that, a heavy silence fell over the room.
Just a quiet bubbling sound can be heard from out back...followed by some coughing then more bubbling...
If you need air...call it in