The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Chef Boi RD »

By the time the 2015 1st round pick of the leaves at 15th overall makes it, IF he does pan out - Matthews will be playing in Arizona and Tavares will be an old man
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:04 am By the time the 2015 1st round pick of the Leaves at 15th overall makes it, IF he does pan out - Matthews will be playing in Arizona and Tavares will be an old man
This post makes no sense.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:54 am The Laughs now have the 15th OA pick. I wonder if Dumbass is busy looking for the smallest kid they can find to draft....they love their teenie weenies
I'd say it's fairly obvious Leaves will be trading that pick in a package for a RHD.

They'll have to dump one or both of Kerfoot/Johnsson as well... to fit that RHD contract in.

But yes, they are most definitely a pack of teenie weenies.

Kappy, for the most part, stood up for himself and his teammates, so I guess he had to go. :mrgreen:

I'm guessing they'll be letting Kyle Clifford walk too...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:15 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:54 am The Laughs now have the 15th OA pick. I wonder if Dumbass is busy looking for the smallest kid they can find to draft....they love their teenie weenies
I'd say it's fairly obvious Leaves will be trading that pick in a package for a RHD.

They'll have to dump one or both of Kerfoot/Johnsson as well... to fit that RHD contract in.

Kappy, for the most part, stood up for himself and his teammates, so I guess he had to go. :mrgreen:

The Barrie trade is looking more stinkier with each passing day. Remember when Sakic tried to bamboozle Benning into a Barrie trade at the draft but ole Genius said “fuck off Joe”. But ole Dubas and his side kick the Great Lawrence Gilman went down on all 4’s, raised their rears to Joe begging to be taken. And taken they were. Kadri is looking great again in the playoffs. How does Dubas and Gilman still have work?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:15 pm

The price you have to pay these young guns on their second contracts is really hamstringing teams from being able to build a solid group around them eh.

Food for thought on how teams navigate this since vancouver is about to enter this world. What Van has going for them is elite talent steeping in the kettle ready to inherit jobs riiiight when a team needs relief the most.

Lets hope Dumbass lingers on indefintely. Hes great entertainment
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:59 pm
They cleared cap space and moved a redundant player for a high pick.Theyll spend the cap somewhere else
Really?

You mean, they're not going in to the season with 8 FWs and 3 defenceman?

:roll:

That cap space doesn't even give them the room to keep their dodgy D corps for next year.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:42 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:59 pm
They cleared cap space and moved a redundant player for a high pick.Theyll spend the cap somewhere else
Really?

You mean, they're not going in to the season with 8 FWs and 3 defenceman?

:roll:

That cap space doesn't even give them the room to keep their dodgy D corps for next year.
Do you think this is is the only move they will make? I have no idea what their cap situation is like, nor do I care, but they fact they cleared a 3rd line winger and his 3.2 million dollar cap hit off the books doesn’t mean they are rebuilding the team. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The leaves are trying to move out contracts to fix their weaknesses. D is a big priority. They need to get heavier. They are not built for the playoffs. Their next moves will be telling but they’ve screwed themselves by overpaying Marner and should’ve stayed away Tavares. I think teams under this current cap set up only handle two $10 million per tyoe contracts, they have 3. It’s going to be a constant work around for them, should’ve stayed away from Tavares
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:46 am The Leaves are trying to move out contracts to fix their weaknesses. D is a big priority. They need to get heavier. They are not built for the playoffs. Their next moves will be telling but they’ve screwed themselves by overpaying Marner and should’ve stayed away Tavares. I think teams under this current cap set up only handle two $10 million per tyoe contracts, they have 3. It’s going to be a constant work around for them, should’ve stayed away from Tavares
I think there are ways you could have three players earning a total of 30 million. But you certainly wouldn’t want them all to be forwards. Or three D men for that matter. But the morons in Toronto have four guys essentially making 50% of the cap. It can’t work. It’s way too top heavy.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:59 pm They cleared cap space and moved a redundant player for a high pick. Theyll spend the cap somewhere else
Well actually trading Kapanen merely gets them slightly under the cap with 23 players.

Kap will have to be replaced with a minimum-NHL-salary.

Hell, half their roster has to be minimum-NHL-salary.

But agreed, they're not rebuilding, they'll use that pick in another trade this off-season.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Raging Fury
MVP
MVP

Post by Raging Fury »

Here's an objective outlook for the Milk Duds next year:

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Raging Fury wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:39 pm Here's an objective outlook for the Milk Duds next year:

Lol the nutter keeps going on about how Leaves have $7.79M to spend

... but doesn't seem to realize they have to sign 7 players with that money!

Two of them being Mikheyev and Dermott.

Let's say Leaves sign the other 5 players for the minimum salary of $750K.

$750K X 5 = $3.75M.... That leaves just $4M to sing both Mikheyev and Dermott.

Possible if they put the screws to those two.

Dermott will want $2M-per because he's earned at least that much and that's what Holl got.

Mikheyev might settle for $2M-per... if it's a 2-year deal taking him to UFA (then bye-byes).

But yeah, the nutter is talking about possibly re-signing Barrie/Ceci???

I guess they conceivably could maybe sign one of those two... if they dump both Kerfoot and Johnsson

... and replace those two with two more minimum wage earners.

(that would mean 10 total minimum wage earners on the roster!)

Yeah the guy in the video is fucked and so are the Leaves. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Can anyone explain why the Islanders became instantly better the moment Tavares was gone?

Islanders payroll - 78.5 million
leaves payroll - 92.5 million (13 million on LITR)

Makes me wonder if the leaves would be interested in Ferlands LTIR?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

leaves - Lou Lamoriello split he joins NYI, gets Trotz the master coach.

NYI Tavares joins the leaves.

--

NYI: 2019 - 2nd round. 2020 - 3rd round (cont.)

leaves: 2019 - 1st round. 2020 - qualifier.

NYI are well coached, got a good mixed skilled defense and multiple players chipping in with Barzal being their all-star.
Plus Semyon Varlamov is playing top-tier these playoffs, the former Avs goalie.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Pure comedy:
https://twitter.com/EditorinLeaf/status ... 24738?s=20
The leaves have a better team than Colorado does right now, and a brighter future.
:lol: