The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:17 pm The beatdown Tavares received from the Islanders fans is very telling of the character of John Tavares. No player who has ever jumped ship once they’ve become a UFA (and we see many every year) has ever received such vitriol from their old fans as he did. He lied, pure and simple, nothing else could explain the Islanders fans reaction. So telling, so real. He’s scum and deserved it. Toronto suits him

$10.2 MILLUON william - 6 goals 49 games.

Matthews a point a game player, 54th in scoring. Is that Generational?
This is not accurate. The "Many:" you see every year, are pretty crappy supporting players that fans don't care about.Most summers it's guys like Loui Eriksson or Kyle Okposo that are the biggest names signed July 1st. Tavares is the first 1st overall pick who's a superstar and centre that left in his prime in over a generation. I think the reaction shows that. NHL fans are just not use to seeing players leave. Why wouldn't he though? Go over his 9 years in Long Island. Why employ a back-up goalie with no experience as GM foe 12 years?

There hasn't been a player this good be available as a UFA since at least Neidermayer 12 years earlier.

If Tavares wasn't a franchise centre and more of a supporting, lesser talent, fans wouldn't care.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:29 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:38 pm
BigTuna wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:17 pm Terrible shootout attempt. What did you think of his 4 goals on Monday night?
Those goals were scored against a 22-yr-old emergency callup

... and a guy who will be 40 in a week and who may well be 3 games away from hanging em up.

BTW how does a guy score 4 goals in a game and still end up just +1 ?

Could it have anything to do with him being a dirty non-200-ft-game backstabbing liar? :D
45 goals. 3rd highest in the entire NHL. Most 5 on 5 goals in the entire NHL.
Good, so you agree Tavares is a dirty non-200-ft-game backstabbing liar.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:30 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:17 pm The beatdown Tavares received from the Islanders fans is very telling of the character of John Tavares. No player who has ever jumped ship once they’ve become a UFA (and we see many every year) has ever received such vitriol from their old fans as he did. He lied, pure and simple, nothing else could explain the Islanders fans reaction. So telling, so real. He’s scum and deserved it. Toronto suits him

This is not accurate. The "Many:" you see every year, are pretty crappy supporting players that fans don't care about.Most summers it's guys like Loui Eriksson or Kyle Okposo that are the biggest names signed July 1st. Tavares is the first 1st overall pick who's a superstar and centre that left in his prime in over a generation. I think the reaction shows that. NHL fans are just not use to seeing players leave.
Wrong, he is hated because he was their CAPTAIN and BACKSTABBED his team.

If he gave up the C and was honest about leaving, they wouldn't hate him so much.

They could have at least got something back for him in a trade.

Why is it so hard to see that you are the fan of a dirty little self-serving weasel.

(nothing new for you)
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:45 pm
BigTuna wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:30 pm

This is not accurate. The "Many:" you see every year, are pretty crappy supporting players that fans don't care about.Most summers it's guys like Loui Eriksson or Kyle Okposo that are the biggest names signed July 1st. Tavares is the first 1st overall pick who's a superstar and centre that left in his prime in over a generation. I think the reaction shows that. NHL fans are just not use to seeing players leave.
Wrong, he is hated because he was their CAPTAIN and BACKSTABBED his team.

If he gave up the C and was honest about leaving, they wouldn't hate him so much.

They could have at least got something back for him in a trade.

Why is it so hard to see that you are the fan of a dirty little self-serving weasel.

(nothing new for you)
Nothing stopped Snow from trading him.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:53 pm Nothing stopped Snow from trading him.
Tavares constantly repeating the LIE that he intended to remain an Islander for life... stopped Snow.

Admit it, you worship a slimeball, don't be a liar... like your hero.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:00 pm
Tavares constantly repeating the LIE that he intended to remain an Islander for life... stopped Snow.

He’ll figure it out when Matthews bolts.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I would actually watch a leaves series if it was against the islanders...just imagine all the wrists being slit in torontoilet when the isles knock out the eastern coilers
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:37 pm I would actually watch a leaves series if it was against the islanders...just imagine all the wrists being slit in torontoilet when the isles knock out the eastern coilers
It would be worth it just for the hilarious non-stop Isles fans chants! :lol:

(the wrist-slitting would be a bonus)
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:00 pm

All Snow had to say was sign an extension or we'll trade you. And why have a GM handle such a big issue when you want to fire him?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:37 pm I would actually watch a leaves series if it was against the islanders...just imagine all the wrists being slit in torontoilet when the isles knock out the eastern coilers
If the NHl didn't have that stupid new playoff format it may have well been those 2 teams.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:06 am
If the NHl didn't have that stupid new playoff format it may have well been those 2 teams.
I smell FEAR.

FEAR of the Boston Bruins. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:27 pm
I smell FEAR.

Its a shame the Leaves will never make it deep enough in the playoffs to face the Islanders :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I see Andersen is doing his patented shitty goaltending heading into the post season.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ESQ wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:43 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:27 pm
I smell FEAR.

Its a shame the Leaves will never make it deep enough in the playoffs to face the Islanders :lol:
Islanders better do something in the playoffs, because that terrible roster won't make it next year.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

So Nick Schmatlz with 1 50 point season gets 5.85 million per. Nylander is a steal.
Check this out. The monster is about to be uncaged:

https://twitter.com/_nickrichard/status ... 2028051457