The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:55 am Nylander... actually had better stats than Pastrynak when he signed his deal.
UMMMMM... Pastrnak signed that contract after a season in which he scored 34 goals and 36 assists in just 75 games (.93 PPG).

Nylander signed his contract after a season in which he scored 20 goals and 41 assists in 82 games (.74 PPG).

And Nylander got more money than Pastrnak! :lol:

This is what happens when you have a kid as your GM....

BTW I thoroughly enjoyed the game tonight, always love to see the Bruins crush the Leaves in a playoff atmosphere. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Pastrnak is miles better than Nylander. Not even in the same universe.

My gawd $7 million per for Nylander. Ouch. Not sure what contract is worse his contract or the 5’-11” 170 lb version of Mason Raymond - Nicolaj “riding shotgun with Laine” Ehlers, contract?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Nylander isnt a 3 point player bro...hes just rusty as fuck and drowning in expectations.

Nylander for Gudbranson. Buy low time
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:18 am Pastrnak is miles better than Nylander. Not even in the same universe.

My gawd $7 million per for Nylander. Ouch. Not sure what contract is worse his contract or the 5’-11” 170 lb version of Mason Raymond - Nicolaj “riding shotgun with Laine” Ehlers, contract?
And notice the heftier, chubbier face;>>>>>>>>>>Image

Out of shape and laughing! Good job Kyle, good job... :oops:
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:48 am Nylander isnt a 3 point player bro...hes just rusty as fuck and drowning in expectations.

Would you pay Nylander more dough than Pastrnak?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:53 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:48 am Nylander isnt a 3 point player bro...hes just rusty as fuck and drowning in expectations.

I would trade the underwhelming Gudbranson for an underachieving Nylander straight up yes

The thing is Dude...Nylander has performed at an elite level in his career whereas Gudbranson has not. A weak as fuck Maple leaves defense will be overpaying for help on their playoff run this year. Why cant Benning be the jimmy-on-the-spot and cater to their ineptitude while sneaking away witht he better asset? And its isnt even a debate whether Nylander is the better asset...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:54 am

I would trade the underwhelming Gudbranson for an underachieving Nylander straight up yes

The thing is Dude...Nylander has performed at an elite level in his career whereas Gudbranson has not. A weak as fuck Maple leaves defense will be overpaying for help on their playoff run this year. Why cant Benning be the jimmy-on-the-spot and cater to their ineptitude while sneaking away witht he better asset? And its isnt even a debate whether Nylander is the better asset...
Dude. W.T.F. Are you going on about regarding Gudbranson and Nylander? Are you happy to becpaying Nylander more than Pastrnak?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:54 am

Whereas I would love to see a BIG upgrade on Gudbranson, I would be wary that the Nylander contract is not as big as it's holder's ego.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

If the asking price would be an expendable asset like EG yes...i would consider his salary to be acceptable. Hes not Loiu Eriksson the 2 goal wonder weener dude. Nylander would round out vancouvers top 6 perfectly and if he was on EPs line could push a point a game
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

1 goal 2 assists 16 games
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

.73 career points per game.

He will recover. Buy low bro. If he was lighting it up like he usually does do you think he might be available?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:14 am .73 career points per game.

He will recover. Buy low bro. If he was lighting it up like he usually does do you think he might be available?
.69 career points per game.

Just 19 goals per 82 games.

And that's playing with Matthews and on one of the best PPs in the league.

I watch a lot of Leaves games, he disappears when things get physical.

He's overpaid and that will affect the coming salary structure.

Is he $1.5M per season better than Bo? No.

If he's here getting $7M, how much will the Boeser camp want?

But hey I get it, he's cute. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:48 pm

I watch a lot of Leaves games...

... he's cute. :wink:
:wow:

After last year he was .73 but lets nit pick leafylover6969

Also he looked damn good (no not in a leafylover6969 gay kind of look good) during Matthews absence
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

When did UDL become a Leaf fan? First ole paddy, then Blobbee, now yoodles?
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:30 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:48 pm

I watch a lot of Leaves games...

... he's cute. :wink:
:wow:
Yeah, I'd do her.

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:30 pm After last year he was .73 but lets nit pick leafylover6969
Da fuq dude, YOU brought up career points per game! :lol:

.69 career points per game is the correct answer.

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:30 pm Also he looked damn good (no not in a leafylover6969 gay kind of look good) during Matthews absence
That's true, he did.

It was a small sample size though and Leaves played only .500 hockey.
____
Try to focus on someday.